What you did today ...

Fionavar

Today I finished developping an arm for a living room home theater chair. Monday it's the seat and back and from all those I'll be able to build couches, loveseats, ooh lala.

In one hour I'll get my car out of the snow bank in the parking lot and make my way home through another snowstorm. Should take me about 90 minutes.

I hate winter in Montreal.

I hate you. I wish I had a work shop so I could create all sorts of sweet stuff like couches and chairs and giant wooden animals. :'(

Actually, I work in a factory, part of a chain. I do what I'm told and I have very little, if any, creative input. Creativity comes from the marketing guy...

I don't even "work with my hands", stuck on a chair all day in front of a computer screen.

There is nothing fun or gratifying about it.

But it does pay *most* of the bills so.

Its snowing pretty good in Iowa as well. Today I baked more bread and currently fixing lunch in the form of a backed chicken sandwich shaped.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

We've had some snow here in the UK. I keep being in teh wrong part of the country when it is though. Worse luck. I love snow.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You can take my place in Iowa and I will take your place in the UK. You can have all the snow you want and I get better television. Everybody wins. :aiee:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Today me and a friend went a bought a hamster because we were bored and wanted something to do. Can't beat that for entertainment. Well, you could quite easily actually, but whatever, entertained us anyway. Still can't think of a name for it though :sorcerer:

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I name all of my pets Gabrielle.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Today me and a friend went a bought a hamster because we were bored and wanted something to do. Can't beat that for entertainment. Well, you could quite easily actually, but whatever, entertained us anyway. Still can't think of a name for it though :sorcerer:

Boo?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

how could it not be Boo?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Actually, I think you two would make a cute couple.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Tonight I worked late, and stepped out of the office to discover that it was an unseasonably mild evening. I decided to take the scenic route home. I commute by subway, usually taking a short ride to a transfer station, then changing lines and taking a longer ride to a stop a few blocks from my apartment. On nice days like today, though, I'll often walk directly to the transfer station (it's about 3/4 miles away).

Anyhow, on this particular night, I was feeling quite fortunate to live and work where I do. Here's a partial list of things that I walked either directly by or within a block of:

- The National Building Museum

- The Verizon Center (home to the NBA's Wizards and the NHL's Capitols)

- The Harman Center for the Arts (home of DC's excellent Shakespeare Theatre Company)

- The National Portrait Gallery

- The main branch of the DC public library

- The Surratt Boarding House (the ground floor of which is now a Japanese restaurant)

- Lots and lots of good restaurants, bars, and such.

All in all, a pretty damn cool place to stroll through on a daily basis.

Sadly, living around here ain't cheap. The fiancee and I have been looking to buy a house or townhome to live in somewhere a little further out in the suburbs. (Apartment living has its trials-- when you can tell that your neighbor's girlfriend is faking it, it's time to move.) Even in the current "buyer's market," the supply of homes that are: A) Not in the ghetto; B) Not totally falling apart; C) Reasonably close to public transportation; and D) Available for less than $600,000 is not particularly impressive.

Edited by Enoch

You would make someone a good wife.

Why? Because I actually know how to cook and bake? HA!

Cooking and baking is the easy part. Cleaning up afterwards is something completely different.

Quick! Someone fetch a large map, and some pins.

Tonight I worked late, and stepped out of the office to discover that it was an unseasonably mild evening. I decided to take the scenic route home. I commute by subway, usually taking a short ride to a transfer station, then changing lines and taking a longer ride to a stop a few blocks from my apartment. On nice days like today, though, I'll often walk directly to the transfer station (it's about 3/4 miles away).

Anyhow, on this particular night, I was feeling quite fortunate to live and work where I do. Here's a partial list of things that I walked either directly by or within a block of:

- The National Building Museum

- The Verizon Center (home to the NBA's Wizards and the NHL's Capitols)

- The Harman Center for the Arts (home of DC's excellent Shakespeare Theatre Company)

- The National Portrait Gallery

- The main branch of the DC public library

- The Surratt Boarding House (the ground floor of which is now a Japanese restaurant)

- Lots and lots of good restaurants, bars, and such.

All in all, a pretty damn cool place to stroll through on a daily basis.

Sadly, living around here ain't cheap. The fiancee and I have been looking to buy a house or townhome to live in somewhere a little further out in the suburbs. (Apartment living has its trials-- when you can tell that your neighbor's girlfriend is faking it, it's time to move.) Even in the current "buyer's market," the supply of homes that are: A) Not in the ghetto; B) Not totally falling apart; C) Reasonably close to public transportation; and D) Available for less than $600,000 is not particularly impressive.

-Elwood Blues

Ah Walsh. It seems the student has become the master! :)

I mean not that I stalk or anything like that.... :ermm:

I mean I just happen to enjoy parks outside of elementary schools, late nights in strip malls, and just generally waiting in the shadows.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

bad Walshie! no stalking!

back in your cage damn you

Rowwrrr! Grrr! Snap snap!

*ahem*

Speaking of stalking there was an absolutely gorgeous girl on the train yesterday. Like a young Monica Belluci. However, being a gentleman I refrained from trying to chat her up. The constant rattling wheeze from my lung infection may also have had something to do with it.

-Elwood Blues

Speaking of stalking there was an absolutely gorgeous girl on the train yesterday. Like a young Monica Belluci. However, being a gentleman I refrained from trying to chat her up. The constant rattling wheeze from my lung infection may also have had something to do with it.

Yeah, she probably misunderstood the weird noises you were making while looking at her... :)

As a small act of sympathy, I decided to catch a cold today. Not sure what to blame really. Time to resort to the good old tried and tested remedies, like hot camomille tea and xo cognac :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein