Xbox 360 Reloaded

Bokishi

Do any of you have any tips on how to solve the problem of connecting your 360 to a computer monitor and still get sound? I have a HDMI>DVI cable but no sound, I was foolish enough to think MS would put a standard headphone jack on their console, but theyre too cheap and evil.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Do any of you have any tips on how to solve the problem of connecting your 360 to a computer monitor and still get sound? I have a HDMI>DVI cable but no sound, I was foolish enough to think MS would put a standard headphone jack on their console, but theyre too cheap and evil.

I have the HD AV/VGA cord: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16874103025

Then I place a RCA to line in jack Y connector on it, then plugged it to my Soundblaster Line-In port.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

given that i have a HDMI port aswellas as the regular one, could it be possible to run audio from the regular one and video from the HDMI?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

To tell the truth I just don't know. Have you tried to give XBox's customer service a call or the XBox website? I am sure they would know for sure.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Has anyone switched their live accounts over from X-Box to X-Box 360? If so, what was payment like? Did you have to buy months in advance or do they just bill your same credit card monthly like before?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Has anyone switched their live accounts over from X-Box to X-Box 360? If so, what was payment like? Did you have to buy months in advance or do they just bill your same credit card monthly like before?

It's the same, Pixie. Pretty much all I had to do when I switched over was recover my gamertag.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

My gamertag is The Kaft but I havent got any multiplayer games yet :brows:

a few of us have Worms.
This is the wrong place to discuss that.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."