Muslim helps Jews attacked on New York subway

Deadly_Nightshade

I understand that Christians do a terrible job living up to what they are supposed to be, but that doesn't mean the Bible is flawed, just the people.

Ummm...

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother...all the men of the city shall stone him with stones, that he die....

Deuteronomy 21:18-21

Since Lot was afraid to stay in Zoar, he and his two daughters went up from Zoar and settled in the hill country, where he lived with his two daughters in a cave. The older one said to the younger: "Our father is getting old, and there is not a man on earth to unite with us as was the custom everywhere. Come, let us ply our father with wine and then lie with him, that we may have offspring by our father." So that night they plied their father with wine, and the older one went in and lay with her father; but he was not aware of her lying down or her getting up. Next day the older one said to the younger: "Last night it was I who lay with my father. Let us ply him with wine again tonight, and then you go in and lie with him, that we may both have offspring by our father." So that night, too, they plied their father with wine, and then the younger one went in and lay with him; but again he was not aware of her lying down or her getting up. Thus both of Lot's daughters became pregnant by their father.

Genesis 19:30-36

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

Deuteronomy 22:28-29

If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.

Deuteronomy 22:23-24

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.

Exodus 21:7-11

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way.

Leviticus 25:44-46

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.

Exodus 21:20-21

You should not let a sorceress live.

Exodus 22:17

Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock.

Psalms 137:9

Nice book you've got there, and those are only a small fraction of the many vile quotations that it contains...

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Thank you Samm and Deadly Nightshade. But if you actually read the Bible, there is little open to interpretation when it comes to what Christ represents and thus "who He is" in the Bible. Granted, if you are atheist, agnostic, Jewish or Muslim you will think of Jesus differently, but if you take "the Bible" then you can hardly argue your point to me. Just challenge me my friend. Just challenge me to find loads of evidence to support my claim here.

I agree though, if you mean that people can take anything out of context and justify themselves, but if you make a careful exegesis of context and culture then your argument is faulty. Don’t be ridiculous Samm. Everything is “open to interpretation,” but not every interpretation is intellectually honest. If I come from an urban, industrialized area, then when Jesus says, “My yoke is easy,” I’ll say, “What is a yoke and why do I care if it’s easy?” But I’m not an idiot. I know He is talking about because I search out the answer, and I see He is metaphorically speaking of burdens in the motif of his culture’s bucolic lifestyle.

One difference between us and those people on the subway is that we are not stupid; we are intellectually honest. Because someone says Merry Christmas does not mean they believe Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. So when you make generalizations about the Bible and what it says and what it meant to the people who it was originally written to, and why it was originally written to them, and what it means to us now, I encourage everyone to be careful. The Jesus of the Bible cannot be construed to be anything you want Him to be if we are going to be honest.

I am not talking about the Old Testament law here. Christ is said in the Bible to be the fulfillment of the law, the Old Testament. A lot of stuff seems horrible in the OT, I agree, but that does not stop me from seeking God and trusting in His righteousness. God defines righteousness and He is the Executor of justice, not me. I will not punish people with the sins they committed against me because as Jesus said, "You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.'" Matthew 5:37-39.

Edited by Blank

I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Matthew 5:18

The Scripture cannot be broken.

John 10:35

It seems Jesus liked the Old Testament... :thumbsup:

Edit: This topic will most likely be locked if we get completely off-topic, so maybe we should start a new one for this side conversation...

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

In the most revered name of the Christmas Goat and Santa; anyone caught not celebrating Christmas properly must be pelted with pinecones until his foreskins regrowest or his spleen leapeth from its position inside the abdomen and out onto the world by way of the nostrils. This applies to he who doth not drinkest Gl

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

In the most revered name of the Christmas Goat and Santa; anyone caught not celebrating Christmas properly must be pelted with pinecones until his foreskins regrowest or his spleen leapeth from its position inside the abdomen and out onto the world by way of the nostrils. This applies to he who doth not drinkest Gl
Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

1. Goats are satan. One nearly ate me at a petting zoo.

That's because you're stuffed with delicious dried corn

2. Apple should be mashed with proper English mustard

Yes, except the part with the apple and the mashing.

3. Jesus is the spirit of Christmas, not Santa. This is because Jesus = hippy = moocher = mooching = christmas

Sandy Claus gives presents for free, thus Santa > Jesus

4. Anyone who says jewish cooking is no good has never been East of California.

In Sweden we eat only eskomoes, jews are too dry and stringy.

5. What IS kwanza?

It is a holiday invented by Carl Winslows grandpa in episode #45 of Family Matters in a vain attempt to leech of the popularity of Festivus. Its celebrated by listenings to all of Will Smith's albums in reverse and carving crude hats out of watermelons.

6. The Japanese gave us ninjas.

Ninjas are totally lame, everyone knows a single american can defeat the best japanese ninja with only two days of training. Also, the only ninja ever to enter the Ultimate Fighting Championship was eaten by an Algerian cannibal in the first round.

7. Kaft is an angry beetle.

is not.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

7. Kaft is an angry beetle.

is not.

Kaft is an angry beetle GOD.

How does eskimo taste?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Everything tastes like chicken.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Edited by @\NightandtheShape/@

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

LMFAO.... Swedes, they do bring teas to my eyes at times.

Same here, but that's because they keep poking pine-cones into my eyes.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.