New Game

The Owner

The Xenosagas on the PS2, perhaps? Or maybe Tales Of Symphonia. Tale might know.

On the Xbox, I'm guessing the only option is Jade Empire. Or Morrowind, but it's very different from KOTOR and it kind of sucks.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The Xenosagas on the PS2, perhaps? Or maybe Tales Of Symphonia. Tale might know.

HACHACHA!

I like the Xenosagas, but they're some I can't recommend to everybody. Serious flaws, but incredible if you can look past them. They're for RPG gamers who really enjoy a nice pseudo-philosophical story. If you're a big Xenogears fan, like me, they're doubly nice for all the little throwbacks to that old game.

Never played any of the Tales games, but I think Symphonia is the one I've heard most recommendations for. If you're looking for a Final Fantasy, I would recommend XII before I recommend X.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Some posts removed. Stay with the topic.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

How about telling us some games you've enjoyed in the past, so we can get a feel for what we can recommend? e.g. Have you played any of the previous Final Fantasies? I haven't played x-2 but 10 is a pretty solid game, though I would recommend 12 a lot more if you have a PS2 to begin with.

Well if you are a fan of Final Fantasy then yeah go get those two games but lot of final fantasy fans disliked X-2 due to the all female cast and much lighter story then usual. I would recomend Xenosaga episodes 1 and 3, 2 was just horrible. Jade Empire is decent, I wasn't a huge fan of FF12 but most people tend to like it.

Buy an Xbox 360 Arcade system ($279) and Oblivion!

If you are going to get an XBox 360 then the Elite is the way to go. Also Mass Effect is better than Oblivion.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I want to get Final Fantasy x and then x-2. are these games any good? What is a good RPG game for the PS2 or XBOX other than KOTOR?please respond

As for the Xbox... There is always Baldur's gate and sequel Dark alliance above average console games. As these have been out awhile should be fairly inexpensive. It's not plot heavy but enjoyable. (nice to see that they added Drizzt & Artemis in the sequel for the book fans). only drawback is storyline left hanging as there was supposed to be a third game that I can't find any reference too.

On PS2:

FFX and XII - #10 is very linear, #12 plays like a MMO and both are great fun for Ff fans.

Dragon Quest 8 - More combat than you can shake a stick at. No nonsense, oldschool JRPG

Persona 3 - Messed up but worth a try. I didn't like the school stuff so it didn't hold my attentiotn for very long.

Xenosagas - Probably the best JRPG series on the PS2 after FF. #1 is the best.

Persona 3 is definitely a good one. But, it's non traditional. It's like a hybrid of a date/social sim and a random generated dungeon crawl, more than a normal JRPG.

And since I see people recommending their personal favorite Xenosaga, I have to say 3. It gets kind of rushed towards the end, but the rest of it is pure joy.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

In the past, I have played games such as Kingdom Hearts 1&2, hence my cool avatar and personal image, I also played the Star Wars Battlefront 1&2, Episode 3, and KOTOR. I also played Final Fantasy 1 for GBA.

"we settle our score now...."

- Bass EXE

I usually play genres other than RPGs on my PS2 and Xbox.

It sounds weird, but I feel a more personal attachment to my RPG persona when playing on the PC. On the couch with my feet up, I feel too relaxed and comfy to really get emotionally involved in a game.

I know...weird

Anyways, you should try playing other games for your consoles as well. Most games come cheap now for PS2 and Xbox.

Try Ninja Gaiden Black, Prince of Persia, Crimson Skies, Zone of the Enders, Soul Caliber 2, Okami, Viewtiful Joe, Burnout 3, Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, Katamari, Resident Evil 4, R-type Final, Gradius 5(Hard to Find), Gladius (kinda like a tactical RPG...good fun), Mercenaries, etc.

There are a lot of fun games out there besides RPG.

Final Fantasy X is a very good game by itself and by comparing to other Final Fantasies. Also, it is the perfect entry-game for anyone who has never played any RPGs , let alone jRPGs before. Easy to understand and the pacing is good as well.

Final Fantasy X-2 shouldn't be bothered with unless you have played X, since the story is a direct continuation.

Final Fantasy XII is fun if you only care about the gameplay. The rest (story, characters, music) is completely rubbish.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy