NwN 2 1.11 Patch available.

GreasyDogMeat

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewt...3&forum=109

A lot of nice fixes in this patch.

Gameplay wise I'm most pleased about the removal of law/chaos alignment shifts from spirit eater abilities in MotB. I never understood why suppress gave lawful points. :)

Stealth has also been long complained about, and it sounds like its fixed now. Never really used stealth much myself, so I don't really know how it was broken.

Nice :)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Finally.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Thnaks for the info! :)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Surprising that they removed the alignment shifts. It was a deliberate thing, it seems sort of inappropriate to remove it as though it were a bug. I guess you have to listen to your customers.

Now if they would just remove all the weird restrictions on PrCs with the new core classes we'd be keen.

I still don't understand why they don't include in their patches the Prestige Classes and races that were canned during development. There is so much missing content out there...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Mostly because there are sound reasons why that content was canned in the first place.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Neither this patch release nor the proposed details for the next patch mention the problem of characters with high craving being unable to go to the Sunken City. Is this fixed, and they just haven't remembered to put it in the release notes? Or is it not a high priority? It's a shame, because I can't progress in the game until it's fixed... :sad:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Mostly because there are sound reasons why that content was canned in the first place.

For some of them, it was just lack of time that pushed the developpers to cut content...

Take the NWNine Agent and NWNine Magus: their abilities can be found on the feat list (when using the dm console). Is it so hard to correctly implement those prestige classes?

The same can be said for other prestige classes: NWN1 had the shifter PrC, why NWN2 can't have it? NWN1 had horse riding, is it too much to include that feature in NWN2 (and thus include the cavalier PrC)? etc. etc. etc.

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

The Shifter is easy to explain why its not in NWN2.

NWN1 is a 3e game and Shifter is a 3e prestige class. NWN2 is a 3.5e game and Shifter was removed in 3.5e.

The Shifter is easy to explain why its not in NWN2.

NWN1 is a 3e game and Shifter is a 3e prestige class. NWN2 is a 3.5e game and Shifter was removed in 3.5e.

They could have implemented the Master of Many forms PrC which is the 3.5E equivalent of the Shifter PrC...

I understand that you might be using the suppress feat out of goodness, but I only did it because (as expressed in dialogue options) I refused to be governed by some alien hunger.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That was a big one.

Does it really contain new spells? :aiee:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Who said it had new spells?

1.12 supposedly has 20 spells on the list, though.

Edit: HAHA! People on the forums say that there are new spells that aren't supposed to be in yet. That's awesome.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

They could have implemented the Master of Many forms PrC which is the 3.5E equivalent of the Shifter PrC...

Not the same class, Ramza.

Neither this patch release nor the proposed details for the next patch mention the problem of characters with high craving being unable to go to the Sunken City. Is this fixed, and they just haven't remembered to put it in the release notes? Or is it not a high priority? It's a shame, because I can't progress in the game until it's fixed... :sad:

It's fixed! :)

I left Mulsantir Gate with full craving and spirit energy 100 and arrived at the shore with spirit energy 82 :brows:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

It's fixed! :)

I left Mulsantir Gate with full craving and spirit energy 100 and arrived at the shore with spirit energy 82 :brows:

Yay!!! :wowey:

(I wonder why they didn't mention it in the release notes - there were plenty of other spoilers there.)

Still, no matter, and no complaints from me. :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

2 weeks after Gromnir stopped playing nwn2, the patch finally gets released.

is a good thing that the game were relative stable (though we had more than just a handful o' ctds, most were related to transitioning on world map with spell effects or active familiars... so were a problem with an easy 'nuff work 'round,) 'cause am not recalling a pc game for which it were taking so long to patch. hell, even toee got patched quicker and atari and troika were slappy fighting at the time which were making any sorta a patch seems less than guaranteed.

maybe after Gromnir gives ME a try we will manage

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Is the framerate still horrible?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

motb framerate were fine for Gromnir... and we is not high end. nwn2? yeah, that were horrible. motb made big improvements. 'course Gromnir simply accepts that shadows is evil. can set everything to max... 'cept shadows.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

shadows is evil.

Precisely. It's not a glitch, it's a plot point. :)

Yeah, you are even fighting the King of Shadows in the OC :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It's fixed! :*

I left Mulsantir Gate with full craving and spirit energy 100 and arrived at the shore with spirit energy 82 :)

Cool. I was planning to try an evil character but I've been putting it off due to the numerous complaints about this bug. :)