What are you playing now?

Gorth

Continued from previous thread:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=48102 to http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...5&start=465

Got back to playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. again after taking a MotB break :sorcerer:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm trying to decide what to play next.

Finish FF 4? Finish Shadow Hearts? Katamari Damacy? Jagged Alliance 2? Golden Sun? Metroid Zero Mission? And many more options to choose from.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The big three for PC this November:

1. Crysis

2. Gears of War

3. Call of Duty 4

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Since I'm going to spend several hours in the cold outside Circuit City waiting for it to open at 5 so I can my brother-in-law a $300 laptop, I'm going to be playing Final Fantasy Tactics and Disgaea.

Edited by Tale

I finished Sam & Max: Ice Station Santa, and although I enjoyed it overall, I found that some the banter between Sam and Max is starting to fall a bit flat. It lacks freshness and bite.

I'm now playing Quest for Glory again (I can't believe it's been so long - maybe two years or more - since I played). I'm already in QfG2 and pleased by the fact that I still remember the way to the moneylender by heart. :x

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Eschalon Demo

The Witcher

Pool of Radiance Remastered

Mass Effect

Torn between being amazed and loving it and being bored by what is more movie than game.

I like how it seems to be influenced by a lot of the past quarter-century's hard/semi-hard sci-fi writers like Alistair Reynolds, Larry Niven, et al. It definitely captures that vibe and atmosphere (If Alistair Reynolds wasn't consulted on this game directly, his books were certainly indirectly consulted).

Combat is solid its the part of the game I enjoy the most so far (perhaps because it is the most gamey of the elements).

The story is good even if the dialog is a little wooden. The universe is well-created and exploring has been awesome so far.

The cinematics are a bit stiffling. I'm hoping Mass Effect signals the high-water mark of cutscenes and the device becomes less prevalent in future games as developers create their own language of storytelling and shed the little-brother-to-movies mentality. Still, I love sci-fi novels and its fun to "play" an interactive space opera. If I was not a sci-fi fan, however, I think I would be significantly less impressed.

I've started doing "Daily Training"tm with Brain Age 2. It's kind of fun. My first Brain Age score put me at 51. :'( Most of the puzzles said I was walking yesterday (I guess that means I'm doing relatively poorly or average). Today seems to be better, as the piano game (I'm horrible at music despite having played the sax in high school, or should I say mimed playing it), put me at AIRPLANE speed. Then I did a change making game and a Sudoku puzzle, both put me at train speed. Maybe I just had an off day yesterday. *shrug*

I'm getting kind of bored with The Witcher. The plot and stuff is neat, but I'm getting tired of this damned swamp that was in so much of last Act, but also appears in this new Act. If I see one more Drowned Dead!

Maybe I'll switch over to playing Phantom Hourglass and POKEYMANZ!

Edited by Tale

Still playing Culpa Innata, though I haven't had the time to really dig into it (hopefully I'll spend some more time with it this weekend).

Still disappointed, though the game is getting better and better as the plot is unravelled. I'm usually a fan of slow unfolding plots, but I think this game goes on for to long before it really captured me. Despite the fact that it's supposedly very non-linear for an adventure game (in terms of approaching dialogues etc), I doubt I'll replay it anytime soon as it's just to slow-moving and kinda boring until quite far into the game.

This games ideas is something that I really like, but the execution so far is a bit average.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

With what's turning into a lazy holiday weekend, I've been playing SimCity Societies a little. Still like it - great game for being entertaining for an hour or two but easy to turn off when it's time to go to bed.

Playing a bit o' Tomraider:Anniversary too. Oh heck, this weekend I've been trying a little of everything. So many games installed but almost untouched on my PC. hehe.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Been playing Oblivion for the past few days.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I'm currently playing with the thought of replaying all the Gothic games, from the first to the last, from the beginning to the end.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm currently playing with the thought of replaying all the Gothic games, from the first to the last, from the beginning to the end.

Sounds like a long week or month depending on how quickly you play them. I did that with Baldur's Gate games, playing BG1 to its final and going into BG2 into its end. .

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Jade Empire: SE

HEAVENLY WAVE! STAFF, CHI-YA! THUD THUD THWACK! SPIRIT THIEF! SMACK POW!

YOUR STYLE HAS A FLAW! AN ODDITY I CAN'T POINT OUT! OH WOE!

LOL DESTINY!!!!11

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

HORSE DEMON STYLE! SHOOM SHOOM, THUMP! LEAPING TIGER! SWISH SLASH! SHTOCK! MY STYLE IS INVINCIBLE!

etc

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds