First CRYSIS review

Morgoth

Annoying that I still don't know which GPU to upgrade to. I might have to settle for a 8800GT until ATI comes up with something competitive.

That means no more movie nights from my computer for a while. I HATE NVIDIA DRIVERS!!

I agree, the switch from ATI to Nvidiathat i did years ago was like WTF?! And still to this very day they are just as behind. I remember when Nvidia started to SELL their Pure video where ATI had it for free, (was it PURE VIDEO?)

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Annoying that I still don't know which GPU to upgrade to. I might have to settle for a 8800GT until ATI comes up with something competitive.

That means no more movie nights from my computer for a while. I HATE NVIDIA DRIVERS!!

Something like this? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814131072

Anyhoot, you guys convinced me that my EA boycott was futile so I bought my first EA game in 10 years. Crysis.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

I too ended my boycott of EA with the purchase of Crysis, even though every FPS I've played have reinforced the fact that I hate them with a passion. Thanks for convincing me, guys, it'll help me justify my getting more Bioware games further down the line.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I don't really believe that it's just 8-10 hours short...that would oppose the rather open-ended design of the game. What if I just spend a hour for one mission, sneaking up the hillz to throw chickens down until the North Koreans surrender? Some German print mag said Crysis is rather a "lengthy" FPS.... lengthy FPS for me would be 20 hours or so.

Play time is extremely dependand on the actions of the player. For instance, in one case where you have to take down a radar jamming station; you can either spend 40 odd minutes sneaking into the base and disabling it OR if you happened to grab an extra Anti-tank missile you can take it out instantly from 800m away.

The game is filled with stuff like that, you play the way that suits you best. A friend of mine really abused the hell out of it and beat it in about 6hours. No regular human being would be able to do that though, so dont go about saying its a 6 hour game.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

A lot of games are like that nowadays. It all depends on how you play them. So far, I am enjoying the game.

Something like this? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814131072

Anyhoot, you guys convinced me that my EA boycott was futile so I bought my first EA game in 10 years. Crysis.

TRAITOR!

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Of all the possible games in world Sand bought CRYSIS?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Witcher's lack of character creation wasn't the reason why I didn't get it. I am kind of... burnt out on CRPGs and I wanted to play something that didn't use the NWN engine. Four games is enough for me.

Edited by Sand

"Witcher's lack of character creation wasn't the reason why I didn't get it. I am kind of... burnt out on CRPGs and I wanted to play something that didn't use the NWN engine."

I cna't speak much on The Witcher's quality as I have only played it for like 10 minutes thus far (will changed as I just finished MOTB); but while it uses the Aurora; graphically it looks much different than NWN1. Unlike NWN2 which you can tell that while NWN2's graphics are better than NWN1's that it is still Aurora at the core. Same cna't be said for The Witcher.You would ahve to look really close to see the similarities graphically. Same cna't be said for The Witcher.

"Anyhoot, you guys convinced me that my EA boycott was futile so I bought my first EA game in 10 years. Crysis."

Good on you. The only policy a gamer should have is buy the games you think will be fun.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

That's reason enough to betray your morals.

What morals?