President Ahmadinejad's Speech at Columbia University

Yuusha

Full Transcript

"We love all nations. We are friends with the Jewish people. There are many Jews in Iran living peacefully with security. You must understand that in our constitution, in our laws, in the parliamentary elections, for every 150,000 people we get one representative in the parliament. For the Jewish community, one-fifth of this number they still get one independent representative in the parliament. So our proposal to the Palestinian plight is a humanitarian and democratic proposal.

What we say is that to solve the 60-year problem we must allow the Palestinian people to decide about its future for itself. This is compatible with the spirit of the Charter of the United Nations and the fundamental principles enshrined in it. We must allow Jewish Palestinians, Muslim Palestinians and Christian Palestinians to determine their own fate themselves through a free referendum. Whatever they choose as a nation everybody should accept and respect. Nobody should interfere in the affairs of the Palestinian nation. Nobody should sow the seeds of discord. Nobody should spend tens of billions of dollars equipping and arming one group there.

We say allow the Palestinian nation to decide its own future, to have the right to self-determination for itself. This is what we are saying as the Iranian nation."

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Show'em what your made of Mr President!! Show the world who the REAL terrorists are!

coexistreflection.gif

Many things can be said about that guy, but he is a smooth talker.. too bad (for him) nobody believes a word he says. Maybe he should work on that inconsistensy of his. Saying he likes the Jewish people and calling for their extermination doesn't really go hand in hand.

Fortune favors the bald.

He supports terrorism. He is a terrorist. When he was in the US he should have been taken immediately into custody as an enemy of the state. He is puppet leader of a country whose state religion supports bigotry, fascism, and discrimination. He is no better than Osama Bin Ladin, and should have been shot on sight.

The guy is a major idiot as well. He denies that the Holocaust happened yet there are strong documentation and eye witnesses that it did, yet believes in some religion where there is no proof that God ever spoke to Muhammad whatsoever except that he said He did. Hmmm... One has proof yet denies it while the other has no proof but he believes it to be true. Sounds pretty idiotic to me.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Many things can be said about that guy, but he is a smooth talker.

He's only smooth if you're gullible or mentally ill.

That can't be true. I mean, our President doesn't believe him I am mostly sure.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

"We are friends with the Jewish people."

Except for the thirteen Iranian Jews you had convicted of spying for Israel at a show trial?

Do you suppose 'Jewish Palestinians' refers to the Jewish people of Israel, or only some of them?

"Nobody should spend tens of billions of dollars equipping and arming one group there."

So they should be arming the other group like you are then? I'm sure that makes sense.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Full Transcript

"We love all nations. We are friends with the Jewish people. There are many Jews in Iran living peacefully with security. You must understand that in our constitution, in our laws, in the parliamentary elections, for every 150,000 people we get one representative in the parliament. For the Jewish community, one-fifth of this number they still get one independent representative in the parliament. So our proposal to the Palestinian plight is a humanitarian and democratic proposal.

What we say is that to solve the 60-year problem we must allow the Palestinian people to decide about its future for itself. This is compatible with the spirit of the Charter of the United Nations and the fundamental principles enshrined in it. We must allow Jewish Palestinians, Muslim Palestinians and Christian Palestinians to determine their own fate themselves through a free referendum. Whatever they choose as a nation everybody should accept and respect. Nobody should interfere in the affairs of the Palestinian nation. Nobody should sow the seeds of discord. Nobody should spend tens of billions of dollars equipping and arming one group there.

We say allow the Palestinian nation to decide its own future, to have the right to self-determination for itself. This is what we are saying as the Iranian nation."

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Show'em what your made of Mr President!! Show the world who the REAL terrorists are!

Why are you supporting a puppet for the iman counsil? Let alone their ideas?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

My favorite line... 'there are no homosexuals in Iran.'.

Well, after you've murdered them all, no there are no homosexuals in Iran... not any more. I can't believe that idiot university INVITED that racist apocalyptic monster to spew his garbage.

You never cease to disapoint or disgust me Yuusha.

He's one of those in denial of his own sexuality. He probably is in the closet. He hates them because he hates himself for not being a "norm".

Just look at Hitler and his hatred of jews even though he had jewish blood in him. He hated that part of himself so much, he had records destroyed and the jews paid the price for his own self hatred.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

He supports terrorism. He is a terrorist. When he was in the US he should have been taken immediately into custody as an enemy of the state. He is puppet leader of a country whose state religion supports bigotry, fascism, and discrimination. He is no better than Osama Bin Ladin, and should have been shot on sight.

The guy is a major idiot as well. He denies that the Holocaust happened yet there are strong documentation and eye witnesses that it did, yet believes in some religion where there is no proof that God ever spoke to Muhammad whatsoever except that he said He did. Hmmm... One has proof yet denies it while the other has no proof but he believes it to be true. Sounds pretty idiotic to me.

The most idiotic thing on this planet is president Bush, more then any other regime or religion.

Except for the thirteen Iranian Jews you had convicted of spying for Israel at a show trial?

Do you suppose 'Jewish Palestinians' refers to the Jewish people of Israel, or only some of them?

"Nobody should spend tens of billions of dollars equipping and arming one group there."

So they should be arming the other group like you are then? I'm sure that makes sense.

But does it make sense the US is arming one group with so much money, literary giving away money for arms and at the same time bullsh*ting about peace. It's like a situation where I'm fighting with my neighbor and there is this guy who's arming my neigbor with means that kill my family and friends and then at the same time that motherf*cking guy comes preaching to me about peace!!! Such hypocrisy today can only come from the US of A.

Many things can be said about that guy, but he is a smooth talker.

He's only smooth if you're gullible or mentally ill.

He is a deceitful double speaking holocaust denying gay murderer. Talks about science and then cites Muhammad to the UN. I understand why he wants nuclear energy, but he makes me a bit skeptical. He says one thing then does another.

What does the UN have to say about him getting Nuclear energy?

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Why would Jews live in a hostile muslim country?

Iran and the Jewish People have a long history dating back to the Sack of Jerusalem by the Neo-Babylonian Empire 2600 years ago, where many dispersed to Persia, and again in 70 A.D. with the Sack of Jerusalem by the Romans where many again dispersed to Persia, and again in the 630's with Heraclius's reconquest of Jerusalem from the Sassanids, where the few that remained were again, dispersed; some to Persia.

That long history is why, despite the current political situations, Iran has the second largest Jewish population in the Middle East: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5367892.stm

But does it make sense the US is arming one group with so much money, literary giving away money for arms and at the same time bullsh*ting about peace. It's like a situation where I'm fighting with my neighbor and there is this guy who's arming my neigbor with means that kill my family and friends and then at the same time that motherf*cking guy comes preaching to me about peace!!! Such hypocrisy today can only come from the US of A.

Speaking of bull****. Ahmadinejad is the height of hypocrisy. He comes over here and speakes of peace and loving the Jews and 'all the people of the world', then returns home and speaks with his fellows of wiping Israel and the U.S. off the face of the map. Ahmadinejad may in fact be part of a doomsday belief, attempting to inflame the world in war to bring about a 'second coming'.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=52071

I certainly don't agree with all of Bush's decisions, but comparing him with Ahmadinejad truly shows your own ignorance.

I'd like to thank you now, but refer to two points made in the introduction given about me, and then I will be open for any questions.

Last year, I would say two years ago, I raised two questions. You know that my main job is a university instructor. Right now as president of Iran I still continue teaching graduate and Ph.D.-level courses on a weekly basis. My students are working with me in scientific fields. I believe that I am an academic myself, so I speak with you from an academic point of view.

And I raised two questions. But instead of a response, I got a wave of insults and allegations against me, and regretfully, they came mostly from groups who claimed most to believe in the freedom of speech and the freedom of information. You know quite well that Palestine is an old wound, as old as 60 years.

For 60 years, these people are displaced; for 60 years, these people are being killed; for 60 years, on a daily basis, there's conflict and terror; for 60 years, innocent women and children are destroyed and killed by helicopters and airplanes that break the house over their heads; for 60 years, children in kindergartens in schools, in high schools are in prison being tortured; for 60 years, security in the Middle East has been in danger; for 60 years, the slogan of expansionism from the Nile to the Euphrates has been chanted by certain groups in that part of the world.

And as an academic, I ask two questions, the same two questions that I will ask here again. And you judge for yourselves whether the response to these questions should be the insults, the allegations and all the words and the negative propaganda, or should we really try and face these two questions and respond to them? Like you, like any academic, I, too, will keep -- not get -- become silent until I get the answers, so I am awaiting logical answers instead of insults.

My first question was, if, given that the Holocaust is a present reality of our time, a history that occurred, why is there not sufficient research that can approach the topic from different perspectives? Our friends refer to 1930 as the point of the departure for this development; however, I believe the Holocaust, from what we read, happened during World War II after 1930 in the 1940s. So, you know, we have to really be able to trace the event.

My question was simple. There are researchers who want to push the topic from a different perspective. Why are they put into prison? Right now there are a number of European academics who have been sent to prison because they attempted to write about the Holocaust, so researchers from a different perspective, questioning certain aspects of it -- my question is, why isn't it open to all forms of research? I have been told that there's been enough research on the topic. And I ask, well, when it comes to topics such as freedom, topics such as democracy, concepts and norms such as God, religion, physics even or chemistry, there's been a lot of research, but we still continue more research on those topics. We encourage it. But then why don't we encourage more research on a historical event that has become the root, the cause of many heavy catastrophes in the region in this time and age? Why shouldn't there be more research about the root causes? That was my first question.

And my second question -- well, given this historical event, if it is a reality, we need to still question whether the Palestinian people should be paying for it or not. After all, it happened in Europe. The Palestinian people had no role to play in it. So why is it that the Palestinian people are paying the price of an event they had nothing to do with?

The Palestinian people didn't commit any crime. They had no role to play in World War II. They were living with the Jewish communities and the Christian communities in peace at the time. They didn't have any problems. And today, too, Jews, Christians and Muslims live in brotherhood all over the world, in many parts of the world. They don't have any serious problems.

But why is it that the Palestinians should pay a price, innocent Palestinians? For 5 million people to remain displaced or refugees of war for 60 years are -- is this not a crime? Is asking about these crimes a crime by itself? Why should an academic, myself, face insults when asking questions like this? Is this what you call freedom and upholding the freedom of thought?

And as for the second topic, Iran's nuclear issue -- I know there's time limits, but I need time. I mean, a lot of time was taken from me.

coexistreflection.gif

Well, after you've murdered them all, no there are no homosexuals in Iran... not any more. I can't believe that idiot university INVITED that racist apocalyptic monster to spew his garbage.

I believe the correct statement is: "We don't have homosexuals like in your country."

You're right about that university being idiotic. They can't even show proper respect to their guest.

*gasps*.... I disgust you? Why? Is it because I speak the truth and you can't handle it? ;)

coexistreflection.gif

I believe the correct statement is: "We don't have homosexuals like in your country."

You're right about that university being idiotic. They can't even show proper respect to their guest.

*gasps*.... I disgust you? Why? Is it because I speak the truth and you can't handle it? :ermm:

'I believe the correct statement is: "We don't have homosexuals like in your country."'

And that changes the truth how? This is why "We don't have homosexuals like in your country." WARNING... pictures of people being hung, not for sensitive viewers. Also has a video, but I don't really feel like watching it. http://www.mererhetoric.com/archives/11274175.html

'You're right about that university being idiotic. They can't even show proper respect to their guest.'

Yeah, he deserves as much respect as Hitler. They are idiotic for giving that monster a podium to spew his hate. Should send KKK over to Iran for rallies and speeches, then call the hecklers idiotic for not showing respect.

'*gasps*.... I disgust you? Why? Is it because I speak the truth and you can't handle it? :lol:'

Uh, it sounds like you are the one who can't handle the truth. You don't even bother touching his homosexual comment, or his apocalyptic beliefs. All you can do is spew bs without anything to back it up and your support of this lunatic IS disgusting. Frankly I hope you are just pulling some sort of Andy Kaufman, messing with people for some sort of social experiment/laugh but I wouldn't be surprised if you really did worship the ground he walked on.

I hope future generations don't look back at some catastrophe with Iran, see all the signs of another Hitler was brewing and that nothing was done. I really feel Ahmadinejad will try and start a nuclear war, or some form of genocide.

Then again, maybe I'm just worrying. He did say something to the effect of Iran being the friend of all the people of the world. I'm sure he's really a great guy! ;)

I can't believe that idiot university INVITED that racist apocalyptic monster to spew his garbage.

Before speaking directly to the current president of Iran, I have a few critically important points to emphasize. First, in 2003 the World Leaders Forum has advanced Columbia's long-standing tradition of serving as a major forum for robust debate, especially on global issues. It should never be thought that merely to listen to ideas we deplore in any way implies our endorsement of those ideas or our weakness of our resolve to resist those ideas or our naivety about the very real dangers inherent in such ideas. It is a critical premise of freedom of speech that we do not honor the dishonorable when we open our public forum to their voices; to hold otherwise would make vigorous debate impossible.

Second, to those who believe that this event should never have happened, that it is inappropriate for the university to conduct such an event, I want to say that I understand your perspective and respect it as reasonable. The scope of free speech in academic freedom should itself always be open to further debate. As one of the more famous quotations about free speech goes, it is an experiment as all life is an experiment. I want to say, however, as forcefully as I can that this is the right thing to do, and indeed it is required by the existing norms of free speech, the American university and Columbia itself.

LEE BOLLINGER, PRESIDENT, COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY

Its important for our undrstanding of what goes on in the world, to hear all viewpoints. Any rational human being should be able to figure out who is making sense and who is full of sh*t. I think it would have been very interesting to hear Ahmedinejad give his speech, kind of like the first time I watched a Hitlr speech with subtitles and went "Oh, so THATs what that evil bastard was yelling about"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I hope future generations don't look back at some catastrophe with Iran, see all the signs of another Hitler was brewing and that nothing was done. I really feel Ahmadinejad will try and start a nuclear war, or some form of genocide.

;):ermm:

In all honesty the future generations will most likely look back at this time period as one of ruthless and shameless (mainly western) interventionism to secure partial strategic interests aka soon to start dwindeling natural resources...

And since Hitler is so polular in rethorics lately (lol) they`ll probably note (and laugh/be desmayed) that the gullable populus for the most part, much like in the 1920-30s, believed the cheap rethorics and resonings cloaking the motives in the "background"...

May I direct the attention of the neocrusaders of peace, prosperity, justice, democracy and peacefull co-existance towards places like Niger, Ethiopia, Darfur and most recently Myanmar... (nvm the root of 75% of the problems; the proverbial P/I question heh)

Oh ****, thats right... they`re out of sight/out of mind and above all else have no oil and such... atleast not any not yet "claimed" by one of the "powers" hehe... So we can spare but "our concerns for the wellbeing" lol...

This will without a doubt go down in history as one of the most BS eras in history.

I don`t really mind the powerstruggle for resources heh... I like my gas cheap as much as the next guy... But I`m not a hypocrt about it and I find the PR spins of it being all for "promotion of freedom and democracy" fecking offensive to my intelect. And I fear the fact there are apparently huge masess of ppl out there dumb/indifferent enough for it to actually fly more than I do any Ahmadinejad lol... With the stuff ppl are eating up and screaming for more these days, seeminly without using their brains, I fear history is far more likely to note the next Adolf originating from the USA hehe... :lol:

The sad thing for me is that the EU, that had the tendency of keeping a somewhat clear head when it came to this, is now seemingly falling into the trend of triggerhappines... With suprisinlgy the frogs now lining up to overtake the lobsters when it comes to being USs third wheel to give an impression of "internationallity" heh.. Thank God Germany still has post WWII traumas and thus one EU foundation stone is still somewhat reserved when it comes to blowing other countries up eh lol? :)

Edited by Brdavs

My first question was, if, given that the Holocaust is a present reality of our time, a history that occurred, why is there not sufficient research that can approach the topic from different perspectives? (...)

Why "if"? It's like "if the president of the US before (the current) Bush was named Clinton" - he's questioning a fact. Next: there are no european researchers in jail because of trying to analyze the gasing of jews from a different perspective - there are some demagogic neonazis in jail because they a) defend the inhumanity of Hitler's and some fascit's regimes as helpful b) say that all historic facts about that are only "facts" based on conspiracy (most likely lead by scheming jews).

That man is provoking and nothing else. I can't believe he was allowed to speak in a University, probably even convincing students of his good intentions. He's using freedom of speech against the country defending it... Imo, freedom should end where it constricts the freedom of others - and Ahmedinejad does that in a most brutal way.

And my second question -- well, given this historical event, if it is a reality, we need to still question whether the Palestinian people should be paying for it or not. After all, it happened in Europe. The Palestinian people had no role to play in it. So why is it that the Palestinian people are paying the price of an event they had nothing to do with?

Ahmedinejad could care less about what happens to Palestinian people - after all, they used to be outcasts, probably killed by the likes of Mr. Iranian President. It just serves his purpose of defending this people denied a safe place to live. Israel is no punishment for the Palestinian or whatever he implies here. I agree that the situation seems really bad in Israel - for every inhabitant. But there is no country named Palestine (and never was), so his talk about "palestinian muslims, jews and christians" referring to muslims, jews and christians living in Israel is nothing but a provocation again.

Whatever he tries to achieve with his visit to the US, it can't be seen as anything but a proof of his two-faced-ness. I'm not quite sure why he's so eager for war, but his "apocalyptic beliefs" would be a reason...

And it's not fair of comparing him to Bush - while Bush seems like a warmongering scarecrow filled with straw and little clue, Ahmedinejad seems like an warmongering, insane but still scheming, powerhungry, slippery and slimy individual up to mischief.

And since Hitler is so polular in rethorics lately (lol) they`ll probably note (and laugh/be desmayed) that the gullable populus for the most part, much like in the 1920-30s, believed the cheap rethorics and resonings cloaking the motives in the "background"...

I agree with much you've said, but have to intervene here: Hitler did not really cloak his motives. According to newspapers from the 1920ies I read a few days ago, people at that time were very nationalistic and antisemitic indeed, so they were ready, no, eager, to fight all those "lesser beings" in other countries and jews in their own country long before Hitler rose to power. He just made the majorities wishes come true, as was the case with the first world war.

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Should the Jewish state be in the Middle East is an irelevant question. It is there. It is fact. Its not going to change. Period. Was it right of the US and its allies to place Israel where it did, taking the lands of those who were living there at the time? No, but then again it is irrelevant now. Isreal is there. It is not going away. When the Arab nations accept Israel's existence as a fact, when the Arab nations, such as Iran, acknowledges Israel's right to exist and acts of terrorism stop then there might be peace.

The President of Iran wants to destroy Israel. Kill every Israeli citizen, and wipe it out of existence. That is not the path of peace. The true path of peace and wisdom is to accept what cannot be changed, and change for the better on things that can. Israel is not going anywhere. It is there to stay. The arab nations need to learn to accept it or never know peace. It is up to them.

President Ahmadinejad is a revolutionist. He is the only leader who has the balls to stand up to the unrivaled ruler of the entire world (George Warmonger Bush). :thumbsup: I can't believe you Americans chose a monkey to lead your great country. But wait, maybe you didn't! Maybe the election was rigged!! So much for democracy.

Let's face it, the US government is BULLSH!T! They're the ones that started this whole mess in the middle east by UNJUSTLY backing up the forming of the state of Israel! No amount of rationalization can ever make the stealing of the Palestinian lands acceptable.

"But he wants to destroy Israel and kill every Israeli citizens.."

For the time being, those are just words. Innocent until proven guilty. I can't say the same about the Israelis/Bush killing Palestinians and Syrians and Lebanese and Afghans.

"But he wants to go NUCLEAR..."

Good!!! It's about time a Muslim country goes nuclear!!! I've always wanted to say: "Shut the hell up or I'll nuke your ass back to the stone age!"

"Israel has the right to exist..."

Well what about the Palestinian? Don't they have rights too? Are they less of a human being than the Israelis? Than you Americans???

You guys are so full of it!

coexistreflection.gif

President Ahmadinejad is a revolutionist. He is the only leader who has the balls to stand up to the unrivaled ruler of the entire world (George Warmonger Bush). :) I can't believe you Americans chose a monkey to lead your great country. But wait, maybe you didn't! Maybe the election was rigged!! So much for democracy.

Let's face it, the US government is BULLSH!T! They're the ones that started this whole mess in the middle east by UNJUSTLY backing up the forming of the state of Israel! No amount of rationalization can ever make the stealing of the Palestinian lands acceptable.

"But he wants to destroy Israel and kill every Israeli citizens.."

For the time being, those are just words. Innocent until proven guilty. I can't say the same about the Israelis/Bush killing Palestinians and Syrians and Lebanese and Afghans.

"But he wants to go NUCLEAR..."

Good!!! It's about time a Muslim country goes nuclear!!! I've always wanted to say: "Shut the hell up or I'll nuke your ass back to the stone age!"

"Israel has the right to exist..."

Well what about the Palestinian? Don't they have rights too? Are they less of a human being than the Israelis? Than you Americans???

1. You treat Mr. Ahmadinejad as he has some moral superiority, when he clearly hasn't, why?

2. They usually collateral damage. True, the israeli army can be more hellbent than usual, but if you start killing jews left and right, where is the justice in that? Will justice for the palestinian people come out of blood of the jews? You do realize that the palestinians are no more than proxies for the Syrian and Iranian governments in order to destroy Israel, they do not care about the palestinians, they do not care one single silch.

3. Do you realize how close the USSR and the USA were to nuke this planet from orbit back in the cold war? + Give to people who think that they somehow are following god's will and sure, things will become nice and dandy indeed :thumbsup:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

In what a happy, black and white world you live in.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)