The Comic Thread in outer space

Kaftan Barlast

Have I mentioned that we still have 2000AD in the UK? A venue for new talent that doesn't solely focus on hackneyed old characters?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hopefully this will mean marvel with stop sucking ass as they have for what the last 15 years.

That is offensively incorrect, if you honestly believe that you dont know squat about comics.. The past 10 years have seen the best writing and art in the companys history. I think we're actually in a new golden age, the 'Dark Reign' event is really interesting, the art is amazing, we've got three.. thats THREE separate regular Deadpool books comming out every month!!! :wacko:

Disney would have to work hard to screw this up.

well... Civil War, World War Hulk, and Secret Invasion weren't exaclty the greatest things we've seen. Annihilation was fantastic, but some of their other mega cross overs kinda sucked.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Hopefully this will mean marvel with stop sucking ass as they have for what the last 15 years.

That is offensively incorrect, if you honestly believe that you dont know squat about comics.. The past 10 years have seen the best writing and art in the companys history. I think we're actually in a new golden age, the 'Dark Reign' event is really interesting, the art is amazing, we've got three.. thats THREE separate regular Deadpool books comming out every month!!! :p

:wacko:

And in Deadpool - Merc with a mouth,you get not only Deadpool.... but his severed zombie head from another dimension AT THE SAME TIME!!! :p :p ++

well... Civil War, World War Hulk, and Secret Invasion weren't exaclty the greatest things we've seen. Annihilation was fantastic, but some of their other mega cross overs kinda sucked.

I thought Civial War was great, it was unlike anything theyd done before. You had some great drama in pitting good guys against eachother, it went alot deeper than their previous and latter "lets all gang up against this overpowered new threat" things. World war hulk was really bad, there we agree. Secret Invasion felt kind of pointless. Never touched Annihilation, I hate cosmic stuff.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

And in Deadpool - Merc with a mouth,you get not only Deadpool.... but his severed zombie head from another dimension AT THE SAME TIME!!! -_-:* ++

I thought Civial War was great, it was unlike anything theyd done before. You had some great drama in pitting good guys against eachother, it went alot deeper than their previous and latter "lets all gang up against this overpowered new threat" things. World war hulk was really bad, there we agree. Secret Invasion felt kind of pointless. Never touched Annihilation, I hate cosmic stuff.

The big thing about Civil war that I saw was that it was a reversal on several characters parts on their beliefs.

Of course it didn't help that the tie in comics were confused about just what the SHRA meant (did it mean if you put on a mask you needed to be registered? Or did you have to register if you had powers no matter what?)

John Byrne is alright, not great by todays standard (and maybe not if compared to his contemporaries like Paolo Serpieri). But I much prefer the modern days of tight inking and digital painting.

118_UNCANNY_X_MEN_514.jpg

Terry Dodson (pencils) Rachel Dodson (inks) Justin Ponsor (colour)

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

*Yawn*

xl_rockpower_pg5.jpg

Now that's a comic.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

John Byrne is alright, not great by todays standard (and maybe not if compared to his contemporaries like Paolo Serpieri). But I much prefer the modern days of tight inking and digital painting.

Disagree. Not a better writer/artist in the industry, but to each there own. Modern day inking/digital painting? No thank you, terrible in most cases.

And...Warner Brothers restructures DC Comics; they've created DC Entertainment to try and maximize cross-departmental use of DC properties:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=22870

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

And...Warner Brothers restructures DC Comics; they've created DC Entertainment to try and maximize cross-departmental use of DC properties:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=22870

I can understand them doing that.

I've taken up reading comics for the first time (well, I started last summer) and I've really enjoyed a number of them.

I liked Planet Hulk and I didn't think WWH was that bad, slightly disappointing, but... as a result of it we got an Incredible Hercules title which has been a very fun read. Love the interplay between Herc and Cho. I still need to catch up on that. For me the only good thing about Civil War was seeing that final page. Oh and I suppose there was the Avengers: Initiative book spin off which has also been pretty fun.

Stuff I've liked so far: Ultimates 1 and 2, Fables, Runaways (the Vaughan stuff mainly), Invincible, Walking Dead, Incredible Hercules, Mighty Avengers (the new run with Slott), Atomic Robo (awesome indie title), Green Lantern (Johns' run) + Corps, Powers, Agents of Atlas, Queen and Country, Criminal, Secret Six, Air, and Ultimate Spiderman.

Stuff I've not liked: Ultimate X-men (mainly Kirkman's run), Ultimate FF (I suppose Carey's run wasn't too bad), Brit, Capes inc., and some other stuff I'm stuggling to think of at the moment.

I'm looking forward to trying out a couple of other things like Deadpool, Booster Gold, and that independent comic about Toys going to war or something. I forget the name but it's sold well apparently.

Oh and of course there's the Farcsape comics (Yay!) which I must get round to but I'm waiting for the hardcover collections of those.

Your side! My side! Your side! My side!

Wow, you only really liked Kirkman on Invince didn't you?

Well, if I may make a suggestion, order or find the she-hulk trades. They are GREAT fun.

• 2 months later...