Thor

mr insomniac

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Oh, for f***'s sake.....

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Come on...you really didnt see this coming?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I'd like them to make The Authority except I'm sure they'd be neutered.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Oh FFS!! Thor is one of the most retarded superheroes Marvel has ever created, what kind of sales statistics glitch caused this idea to surface? I know the Fantastic Four films were done because issue #1 of Ultimate FF sold more than Spiderman(but then plummeted like a drunk seagull), but this is just crazy. I doubt I'll even bother to download this.

THOR?!!! WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?!!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

THOR?!!! WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?!!

That people will pay to watch any old tosh?

You don't really see that many films of the old Greek, Roman and Norse legends, do you? Aside from Clash of the Titans, perhaps. Maybe that will be the next money-grabbing formula once (and this will probably be very soon) the superheroes have had their day.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

But we're talking a comicbook character so unpopular and so out of touch with the times that Marvel killed him off years ago. He's an old silver-age fossile that should ereased for good

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I rather have a Deadpool movie over a Thor movie. Frankly I rather see a Deadpool movie than any other comic book character.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I'm with the Deadpool crowd. Please someone make it.

There doesn't even have to be a plot, just swordmurder and wacko quips and constant breaking of fourth wall.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Also, did I read wrong from that news post or is Will Smith doing "I Am Legend"-film?

Because if he is, I'm going to eat his face and piss on his grave. There'll be never, ever be a worthy movie rendition of the book, never. Please don't take a leak on my favorite books constantly, Hollywood, you are doing such a bad job at it.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Wade Wilson is awesomest. The problem with a Deadpool movie is that Im not sure it would survive hollywoodisation. Theyd cast Jim Carey as Wilson and then force a completely inane lovestory into it

Will Smith definently suffer from reversed-midas touch, he effectively ruins every movie he's in. I bet he wouldnt even manage to pull off a credible performance if he so played himself "Fresh prince in Bel Air, the movie".

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

Aquaman the Movie, here we come!!!!

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Personally I'm extremely excited about this. The script is supposedly the best of any comic movie to date. Deals mostly with the origins and dealings of the norse gods, ending with Thor's fall to earth and imprisonment in a mortal body.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I think Hollywood should leave our gods alone.

Personally I'm extremely excited about this. The script is supposedly the best of any comic movie to date. Deals mostly with the origins and dealings of the norse gods, ending with Thor's fall to earth and imprisonment in a mortal body.

...after which he spends his time battling giant robots, dr doom, the latest skrull invasion, moleman and other common staples of norse mythology.

I really liked the Ultimates version of him where he's just a derranged norweigan guy callen Thorleif who thinks he's the god of thunder (yes, then they had to go ruin that by making that be Loki changing reality around and Thor actually being Thor.. which was totally gay.)

Is anyone else mildly irritated by how mainstream normals have adopted comic books and the Lord of the Rings? I spent the best part of my youth being enthusiastically mocked for enjoying both and now suddenly my contemporaries are taking their kids into it? Pshaw I say.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

*puff*

Quite.

kirottu said:

Is anyone else mildly irritated by how mainstream normals have adopted comic books and the Lord of the Rings? I spent the best part of my youth being enthusiastically mocked for enjoying both and now suddenly my contemporaries are taking their kids into it? Pshaw I say.

Other than reading Batman as a kid I was never really into comic books much. But "mainstream normals" getting into Lord of the Rings doesn't bother me so much. They are entertaining movies, and have encouraged people to read the books, who otherwise might not have ever picked it up. Nothing wrong with that, as it's a great story. To use my niece as an example; she's 11 and has nearly finished reading The Hobbit, where normally it's tough to get her away from her video games.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I'm with the Deadpool crowd. Please someone make it.

There doesn't even have to be a plot, just swordmurder and wacko quips and constant breaking of fourth wall.

I've always had a vision of how a possible Deadpool movie would end. He would narrate something to himself about how "his work was never done" and run away quickly. The next shot would be from in front of him, and he runs into the camera, which breaks and goes to black. In those last few moments before the credits begin rolling, Deadpool will exclaim "ow".

Other than reading Batman as a kid I was never really into comic books much. But "mainstream normals" getting into Lord of the Rings doesn't bother me so much. They are entertaining movies, and have encouraged people to read the books, who otherwise might not have ever picked it up. Nothing wrong with that, as it's a great story. To use my niece as an example; she's 11 and has nearly finished reading The Hobbit, where normally it's tough to get her away from her video games.

Oh sure, be all grown up and sensible, why dontcha? :lol:

-Elwood Blues

Who's Thor?

Its bad enough they made a movie about "Underdog", now I've barely even heard about this superhero. Whats next? Space Ghost movie?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I'm pretty psyched about the movie, and also about the new Hulk and Iron Man. I don't know, it all sounds like a good time to me! I really hope they make a JL (Justice League) movie too!

Let me get back to sleeping. I'm tired...

Iron Man could be really cool. Lots of tech potential.

-Elwood Blues