Warcraft: The Well of Eternity Book

When will they stop putting WC3 models into WoW and actually start create models that have more than 100 polys?

That would be a ridiculous decision. WoW is playable on most computers because they don't overdue their art resources. 9 million subscribers means keeping it simple.

Ridiculous indeed. In times where terms like Next-Generashun has become a religion, and where even the way superior Quake3 engine would prolly insult the capability of an iPhone now, one may wonder what has driven Blizzard into such odd decision.

On a more serious note, I understand that the majority are probably Chinese customers who can't afford a Bok Rig , but really... they could at least take the engine to SM 2.0 at least and maybe up the Polycount to 200-300%. It still would remain a Low-End game for most rigs out there.

When will they stop putting WC3 models into WoW and actually start create models that have more than 100 polys?

That would be a ridiculous decision. WoW is playable on most computers because they don't overdue their art resources. 9 million subscribers means keeping it simple.

Ridiculous indeed. In times where terms like Next-Generashun has become a religion, and where even the way superior Quake3 engine would prolly insult the capability of an iPhone now, one may wonder what has driven Blizzard into such odd decision.

On a more serious note, I understand that the majority are probably Chinese customers who can't afford a Bok Rig , but really... they could at least take the engine to SM 2.0 at least and maybe up the Polycount to 200-300%. It still would remain a Low-End game for most rigs out there.

the very reason for the low end graphics and cartoony look is because they want it to be able to run on a computer that's old. That mixed with the fact that you can sometimes feel like you've done alot in an hour hits the PERFECT bullseye for the much desired casual market.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

In my opinion, MMORPGs like WoW are to computer gaming what reality based programing is to television and Harry Potter is to English literature. I wish they'd all just die.

aram, meet second life and die horribly.

I have no problem with people who play WoW, I'm just not interested in it. I do have a problem with the undeserved backlash against it. I tried it for a while, and though it's not my kind of game, it's pretty solid.

Still, the whole WoW thing at BlizzCon doesn't interest me one bit. I'm just following it for the StarCraft II news!

Edited by TrueNeutral

I love WoW and Im definately stoked for the new expansion. I belong to a large guild and you should have seen the theories flying by in the chat window. The latest was that you will need to be level 80 before you can take on Death Knight. You will aquire this via a vein similar to a paladin mount quest. Upon acceptance/completion (this is where it went off the rails), you will be reduced to level 60 and have to work back up to 80. I dont know how much, if any, of that is true but I do know I cant wait to kick booty with whatever will become the mage version of the Death Knight.

When the new expansion comes I may just re-up. Or, I'll instead just read about what goes on, which is what is more likely. Unless, of course, Warlocks are treated properly and given our very own full strength Illidan pet. It would only be appropriate.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I love WoW and Im definately stoked for the new expansion. I belong to a large guild and you should have seen the theories flying by in the chat window. The latest was that you will need to be level 80 before you can take on Death Knight. You will aquire this via a vein similar to a paladin mount quest. Upon acceptance/completion (this is where it went off the rails), you will be reduced to level 60 and have to work back up to 80. I dont know how much, if any, of that is true but I do know I cant wait to kick booty with whatever will become the mage version of the Death Knight.

not quite, From what I can tell, you'll work to 80, do the quest, and then when you make a new character you'll have the option of picking death knight, who will START between 55-70

WoW players are kind of like that donkey that keeps chasing after the carrot on the stick. You just keep chasing after the prize, never to get it, while Blizzard rides you all the way to the bank.

at least WoW breaks the tedium of posting on a web forum.

I understand the appeal, I'm just not interested in that much required time and money.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

not quite, From what I can tell, you'll work to 80, do the quest, and then when you make a new character you'll have the option of picking death knight, who will START between 55-70

So its a completely different class? It would seem a little unusual to have someone invest the time and effort into getting their main to 80 only to force them to start a brand new guy and dump them into level 55-70 with no gear, money or mount.

I was under the impression becoming a Death Knight was really just a fancy way of bestowing one (a few?) Epic power(s) upon your guy that would be tailored to synergize with your current class.

I like my theory better then yours.

So its a completely different class? It would seem a little unusual to have someone invest the time and effort into getting their main to 80 only to force them to start a brand new guy and dump them into level 55-70 with no gear, money or mount.

I was under the impression becoming a Death Knight was really just a fancy way of bestowing one (a few?) Epic power(s) upon your guy that would be tailored to synergize with your current class.

I like my theory better then yours.

well from what we can tell, they only have the one hero class. That class isn't exactly going to synergize with, say, a rogue or warrior because he doesn't even have energy or rage to pull off the more powerful moves in either class.

My guess is that you'd probably have the newbie zone run for alot longer than most in order to get a Deathknight familiarized with his abilities, and it'd have some ok greens in it, maybe a blue sword, but ultimatly when it finished the deathknight would run off to hellfire peninsula or somthing to fight.

Well thats much less exciting to me. Ill probably be compelled to try one out because I just love the Epic Powaz! but I relly dont enjoy playing a melee class. Thanks for harshing my buzz Calax. :)

You wouldnt happen to have a link to a site that desrcibes the Death Knight and other Hero classes would you?

Well thats much less exciting to me. Ill probably be compelled to try one out because I just love the Epic Powaz! but I relly dont enjoy playing a melee class. Thanks for harshing my buzz Calax. :lol:

You wouldnt happen to have a link to a site that desrcibes the Death Knight and other Hero classes would you?

http://www.wowwiki.com/Death_Knight_(hero_class)

most of it is based off the blizzcon stuff but then it's a wiki so...

I understand the appeal, I'm just not interested in that much required time and money.

I think that depends on how you play. There is no 80 hour a week requirement, that's just what some folks choose. Personally, I play maybe a dozen hours a month, and I have quite a few friends who do the same. The $15 a month is a minor cost, particularly because I buy less games than I would without WoW.

But it's a gaming genre, and it's not going to be for everyone. I don't like racing games, but I don't jump in every racing game thread and bash them. But I guess that makes Aram happy, so yay for him.

I'm a completionist, I'd have to see all and experience all and I don't think I want another addiction. It is appealing though.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

But it's a gaming genre, and it's not going to be for everyone. I don't like racing games, but I don't jump in every racing game thread and bash them. But I guess that makes Aram happy, so yay for him.

Don't mind him, he's just part of the natural backlash that everything gets when if it becomes really popular. I call it "Lord of the Rings is overrated" syndrome. After Lord of the Rings became a worldwide cinema phenomenon, all these faux-hipsters started springing up saying it sucked.