Xbox 360 Backwards compatability

Hi, I have an Xbox 360, but also have my old xbox.I was thinking about making my old xbox games playable on the xbox 360. I've seen the list and there are some good games there.However, does the compatability thing work well?

What loserface said. Basically, if the games are on the list, then they should be playable. Some apparently have some glitches, but all the games I've tried have worked very well.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

My experience with the following games: KotOR 1, KotOR 2, Halo 1, Halo 2 and Ninja Gaiden Black.

KotOR I- Faster loading times, more stuttering than the original XBox

KotOR II - Same as above, but even more stuttering of some reason.

Halo 1 and Halo 2 - faster loading times, less stuttering.

Ninja Gaiden Black - Same loading times, a lot of stuttering and framerate problems from a game that ran solidly 60fps on the original Xbox.

Summary: Pretty crappy, except for the Halos. The PS3 have better BC (and it's in software as well), and it upscales it for the HDTV as well. But they have experience, where the Xbox-department don't have, i guess.

//EDIT: Apparantly, the Xbox360 now upscales its games as well, i need to update :lol:

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Original Ninja Gaiden tends to crash ever so often, but besides that the compatibility is pretty solid.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I sold my original Xbox and my games to pay for my 360 =[

no offence but us workers at gamestop kinda hate people like you >.>

<.<

<.>

especially when you waltz in and give us a trash name like John Johnson

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm disappointed by the 360 BC compatibility, because I remember reading that it would convert the old games to 720p high definition, but it doesn't.

Shouldn't it? Or have i read my sources wrong? The PS3 does it, so why not the Xbox360?

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

<.<

<.>

Wait a second, huh?

Why do you need to give a fake name to trade in your old games and/or systems? I thought that was a completely acceptable (even encouraged) practice.

Not that I can trade my Xbox in for any cash, seeing as it's modded... and the DVD drive is shot. If I didn't have all those emulators on there, it would be a big, black paperweight right now.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I'm disappointed by the 360 BC compatibility, because I remember reading that it would convert the old games to 720p high definition, but it doesn't.

Shouldn't it? Or have i read my sources wrong? The PS3 does it, so why not the Xbox360?

No they're all 480p and really blurry.

Ninja Gaiden Black - Same loading times, a lot of stuttering and framerate problems from a game that ran solidly 60fps on the original Xbox.

I believe the FPS cap on the 360 is 30, but that might only be for Oblivion... :p

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

<.<

<.>

Wait a second, huh?

Why do you need to give a fake name to trade in your old games and/or systems? I thought that was a completely acceptable (even encouraged) practice.

Not that I can trade my Xbox in for any cash, seeing as it's modded... and the DVD drive is shot. If I didn't have all those emulators on there, it would be a big, black paperweight right now.

What the thing is, is that usually the people who give a fake name for their trade ins generally act like we're going to use this information to steal into their house and proceed to pillage the place for anything that is valuable (including humans), or they are thieves who stole the game they are now getting credit for.

The main reason we DESPISE huge tradins is that usually the person will upon hearing the $ amount start griping about how we're ripping him off and he doesn't deserve this... Also they create a HELL of alot of work, and if it's busy that means there are other angry customers behind the trader in who are tapping their foot angrily at us (because we are the sales people).

BTW it could be worse, gamestop should Technically be fingerprinting everyone who trades in a game (because it operates like a pawn shop.)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I don't know why people would gripe about stuff like that. Old games, unless they are really good and rae, depreciate in value rather quickly and unless the system is current gen there is no way you would get even half of what you paid for it.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

When you have a HDTV, upscaling is necessary for a console. Otherwise, they just don't look old, they look old and pixelated.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I don't know why people would gripe about stuff like that. Old games, unless they are really good and rae, depreciate in value rather quickly and unless the system is current gen there is no way you would get even half of what you paid for it.

Because it's annoying to see the same game you traded in for $7 on sale for $20.

How is that annoying? A business needs to make a profit otherwise it won't stay in business. If that is annoying then a capitalistic free market is not for you.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"