the red lights of doom? three year warranty!

Calax

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/petermooreletter.htm

Microsoft has recently decided to do two things,

1)write off 1 billion to fixing the 360's hardware problems and

2) it increased the warranty on ANY Xbox to 3 years ONLY if the Box has a 3 red light failure.

Discuss.

:calax:

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Read about this some time ago somewhere.

stupid microsoft, can't make consoles that won't break immeaditly.

at leat 3 years warranty is nice

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Is that warranty just for the red ring of death? I've never encountered it in the 2 years I've had my 360, but my brother broke one of the USB ports, so no multiplayer Guitar Hero for us.

from what I understand in the letter, yes.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

This 3 year warranty is enough to settle my fears of getting a 360.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

But you can get Gears of War and CHAINSAW people in HALF!

ONLY half? That's a letdown. If you're going to chop people up, you need to do it in pieces small enough for suitcases and hefty bags. Which means at least quarters, though preferrably sixths.

I dunno, Nick giggles like a little girl when he chainsaws baddies, and he has pretty high standards when it comes to eviscerating people.

It's almost as disturbing as when he burns people in Rainbow 6 Vegas.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

xbox 360 is awesome. However, I was a 'victim' of this evil problem. I'm getting my new xbox 360 delivered next week. HAHA! It all works out in the end. Disspaointing that MS mae a faulty console; but at least they've admitted to it and are delaing with the problems.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The only ones angry are those that are shareholders in MS. No one wants to see their investment take such a setback for a simple failure like that. My Xbox360 has been working perfectly, and loud, since February 2006.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

My original Xbox finally bit the dust, after a few weeks of dirty disc errors. Now the disc drive won't even open, so I'm guessing it's shot.

So I've been looking into these next-gen consoles, and it seems like the 360 is making strides. Besides the warranty and the possible price cut, it seems like they are actually starting to fix things inside the box.

I've heard when MS repairs consoles that have failed due to the "red rings of doom," they add a second heatsink in there to stop overheating. Also, I read this article that mentioned a new, smaller chip MS is trying to start producing.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2007/07/m...ame_falcon.html

What do you guys think about these hardware changes? Do you think fresh Premiums and Elites have the extra heatsinks now, straight from the factory? I doubt they're doing anything with the Core anymore. I don't think I want that one anyway, because I guess you need a hard drive for backwards compatibility. And hell, can you even save games on the core without a hard drive or some sort of memory card?

So should I wait until the new 65 nanometer chip comes out to buy a 360? They say it might be fall. I wouldn't think they would even advertise the chip size on the box so average consumers would even know which chip is in it.

I've waited this long to upgrade; I can wait a little longer if the product is going to be cheaper and more stable. But then again, if they really are giving you a three-year warranty for free, maybe I'll take a chance as soon as the price cut happens.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

The sad thing is I'll probably end up getting a PS3 instead of an Xbox 360.

Alan Wake, Too Human, Mass Effect could all be good games. But I firmly believe Metal Gear Solid 4 WILL be a good game. And Lair has the same potential that I give those three aforementioned 360 games.

Someone talk me out of this.

And Blu-Ray will propably be winner too.

Oh dear, I think we lost him! :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

The sad thing is I'll probably end up getting a PS3 instead of an Xbox 360.

Alan Wake, Too Human, Mass Effect could all be good games. But I firmly believe Metal Gear Solid 4 WILL be a good game. And Lair has the same potential that I give those three aforementioned 360 games.

Someone talk me out of this.

Alan Wake is released to PC as well. Too Human has "teH Potental!", but is still not an AAA title. All that's left is Mass Effect.

Sony welcomes you :)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Alan Wake will almost certainly be a Vista-only title. I may not be making that platform jump for a while.

On the other hand, if I buy a PS3, I might listen to someone tell me "oh no, Final Fantasy XIII is good!" and end up buying it like I did XII.

I swear to god, I'm never taking a recommendation from that guy again. I played more of XII than he did before I put it down out of boredom. Half the games he recommends to me he's barely played! ARGH!

Him: Hey dude, you should totally play Chrono Trigger! I can't believe you haven't. It's awesome!

*several weeks later*

Me: I just kicked Lavos's butt!

Him: Who's Lavos?

Edited by Tale