NHL

SteveThaiBinh

Things are pretty tight in the eastern conference, but as inconsistent as the Leafs have been, they're managing to stay around .500. Not great, but... could be alot worse. Anyway, Mark Bell returns from his 15 game suspension for Tuesday's game in Ottawa. I read somewhere that Maurice said he will get "4th Line minutes" for awhile ... I would guess until he gets into game shape. Hopefully all his troubles are behind and he can score some goals like he did in Chicago.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Yeah, I'm actually a bit interested in this troubled kid. He could add some much needed energy and grit and a little scoring punch, if he manages to live up to his potential.. Frustratingly enough, it seems that every "potentially" good player we get never lives up to that potential in a Leafs jersey, but almost always a year after leaving the team.

Anyhow, Bell is big and strong so I'm sure he'll make some kind of impact at least.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Congrats to Mike Modano for becoming the highest scoring US player ever!

It's a shame that the Sharks can outshoot Dallas at a 3-1 margin and still lose on the scoreboard. Dang Turco. Ozolinsh looked good though, which is promising for the Sharks defense.

Well, Phil was a defenseman, so his achievement is still tremendous. But that shouldn't deter from the fact that Modano has accomplished something great. Modano has also never really had any superstars playing along side with him. He had Hull for a few years, but that was at the end of the Golden Brett's career. He's stuck with one franchise through thick and thin, and he still puts up solid numbers despite his age. Housley also played in a very different league, I don't see any defensemen putting up those kinds of numbers in the next ten years.

I see your point, Hurly, but I just really hate Modano. I know, I know, Housley spent time on the Flames roster, but all those first round playoff exits courtesy of the Stars have soured me on old horse face. Sure, he may be one of those players that makes his team mates much better ( Jiri Lehtonen anyone?), but I don't have to like to him.

And look at Modanos' point totals since the lockout. He's fading.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Well, he's 37. I don't know how many years he has left. He still put up over 20 goals last season, so I don't know how many more years he'll play. He was serving some 4th line time earlier in the season. I'm also not sure what the Stars think they can do without him. They don't seem to have any up and coming stars. Turco is a great goalie, but that is about it for them.

So the Big E decided to hang up his skates for good. As much as he's percieved as a whiny tit, it should be noted that back in the early part of his career Lindros was one of the more dominant players in the NHL. All I can say is keep your head up when playing rec hockey, Eric.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Good retirement by a classy, and underappreciated hockey player. He's one of the best players to ever play the game - at least until concussions did him in. Eric won't make the HOF due to lack of games played, and to me that's a crying shame. Though, his two or so years with the Rangers didn't lead to any big success for the team (he played good for them though); I'm glad he finally managed to wear a Ranger uniform.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.