NHL

SteveThaiBinh

Thank you Leafs for letting in five goals in the last period. I was almost getting a little hope there after the second period ended, but you quelled that feeling ruthlessly.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I only saw the second and third period, but it looked like the Oilers played well.

Hopefully they can keep it up and build off of this game.

I only actively watched the last ten minutes of the game, but most of that was in the Av's end. Also heard one of the announcers say something about the shots being 30-20 or so for the Oilers.

I'm wishing I would have picked Mats Sundin in both of my hockey pools. I don't like the Leafs, but I'm glad that Sundin and Blake are doing well. And what's up with Nash and Peca in Columbus? I watched the Jackets shut down Buffalo the other day and had to say they looked pretty impressive. For Columbus.

The Oilers are scaring me so far this season. Most of our production is coming from the kids in the system. Nearly all of our established vets are underperforming or injured. In nine games this season, one powerplay goal has been scored. We haven't won against a division rival yet either.

But there are bright spots as well. A few of the rookies who survived Edmontons' wacky minor league non-system are starting to blossom. This Sam Gagner kid is playing real well at the NHL level for an 18 year old. He's even showing more grit than Ales Hemsky right now. Personally I thought the kids wouldn't fare too well under MacTavish and ever changing line combinations, but they're really leading the way.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Oh man, the Edmonton/Minnesota tilt was absolutely...Wild? Does two goals in regulation and the shootout winner earn the phrase 'Hemsky Hat Trick' tonight? Hells ya!

edit:

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

OH GOD DID WE NEED THAT WIN!!

The amateur scouts at the hf boards have been mentioning this Tlusty kid for over a year now, I think. If only our THICK-HEADED coach would let all the guys that are young and hot play instead of the overpaid pieces of **** we currently have, I think we'd see much more exciting hockey from the Leafs.

Replace McCabe with Str

Oh, and I forgot to mention..

Why do people insist on fighting Chara? Not only is he big and skilled.. he seems to have a sledgehammer in his right fist. Of course, both Chara and Koci were sent off and I know who benefited from that trade..

Oh man, the Edmonton/Minnesota tilt was absolutely...Wild? Does two goals in regulation and the shootout winner earn the phrase 'Hemsky Hat Trick' tonight? Hells ya!

That shootout goal was priceless. He deked himself, lost the puck and it slid through the five hole anyway. :bat:

I hate living in Leafs territory. I get to watch the Leafs play against New York tomorrow while Montreal plays against Pittsburgh. :sad:

Hey, don't whine! Just focus on the young guys! You may be seeing budding stars in the making in Tlusty and Str

I hate living in Leafs territory. I get to watch the Leafs play against New York tomorrow while Montreal plays against Pittsburgh. :sad:

Hey, don't whine! Just focus on the young guys! You may be seeing budding stars in the making in Tlusty and Str