The dialogue interview at RPGCodex

Mitsoda works for Obsidian? Great news for me! >_<

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Now that was good interview >_<

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Very nice article. >_<

Did I just compliment the Codex?!?!?! :lol:

*calls Satan* Is it snowing down there? :blink:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

TBH mayhap?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

From Obsidian, yes. Publisher doesn't matter

Actually, if anyone I'd rather a company with bucketloads of money. If Sega has that, whatever.

Love how in half the questions Gaider didn't answer or the third guy said "Dunno."

I'll have to read it tonight. However, I'm with the folks who'd like to see another Bloodlines game. That was a great experience. I've often thought that Bloodlines was the game that deserved all the slavish praise that the fanboys gave Troika. Too bad it came after soooo many years of slavish praise. Does make you wonder, however, if we slavishly fawn over Obsidian, will they eventually create a game as great as Bloodlines? ...And, while I like Obsidian and see great things from them, we ain't seen it yet.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Well that confirms it for me. Gaider writes troubled romance characters, apparently. I never adventured with Valen in HoTU, but I thoroughly enjoyed Nathyrra. The romanceable characters in BG2 all needed a professional counselor. I wonder what Dave's childhood was like.

To bad Deekin wasn't a romance option. He is such a cute little lizard. :)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Hmm would anyone want a new game like Vampire the Masquerade from Obsidian/Sega? I think it would be pretty awesome.

I'm pretty sure it'd have to be Obsidian/Activision. And it'd be Vampire the Requiem, not Masquerade, these days.

But yes, give Brian Mitsoda free reigns on a WoD game and it could turn out amazing. Given how good his Bloodlines stuff was, I am now very excited to learn more about Project Georgia (where he is creative lead).

Personally I like to see an original low magic gothic cyberfantasy CRPG from Obsidian.

Nonsense, Publishers play a massive role in how the game turns out.. Should I really have to tell an Obsidian fan this? :)

Actually, if anyone I'd rather a company with bucketloads of money. If Sega has that, whatever.

Sega have a lot of money, but that isn't really what matters in the long run. Its how much money publishers are willing to sink into the game. The richest games companies may not be the most likely to chuck it at developers.

I'm pretty sure it'd have to be Obsidian/Activision. And it'd be Vampire the Requiem, not Masquerade, these days.

Well I ment just a Vampire based game but a new IP.

SEGANERDS

#1 unofficial Sega News website

Sega have a lot of money, but that isn't really what matters in the long run. Its how much money publishers are willing to sink into the game. The richest games companies may not be the most likely to chuck it at developers.

Is that why they went third-party? >_<

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

In case someone didn't check comments, MCA will answer these questions later on

Nonsense, Publishers play a massive role in how the game turns out.. Should I really have to tell an Obsidian fan this? :lol:

Let's leave LA out of this... :p

I should've said "publisher doesn't matter that much".

Besides, I think Activision has whatever licenses needed. Or something.

One think irks me with Gaider's comment:

10. Many role-playing enthusiasts would like to see several moral dialogue paths. How do you see the evil path? What's evil and how do you show these traits in your characters? How would you create this "I may be bad, but I feel good" experience without relying exclusively on "I'm teh evil! MWAHAHAHA!"?

David Gaider: Part of the problem, I think, is with conveying motivation. I often hear fans say that they want to be

Maybe because [Truth]/[Lie] is really superficial and changes very little within the game, so many players are not very satisfied with that. It's not like most of the time the NPCs can tell if you're lying or not - which wouldn't make sense anyway if even if you told the truth, whether they would believe you or not was never open to any variables. They'd also want to check if you actually followed up on the lie and went back on that oath later, or if you 'changed your mind' and kept to it - otherwise it would be equally unbalanced.

Maybe certain lie options should be directly related to INT checks (just example)?

I know there are problems with [lie], but there isn't really any other good, easy alternative.

:lol:

NOT RLY