Cooking with Walsingham

Fenghuang

Wals' SPAM recipes in the SPAM thread have made me hungry and I am curious as to what he can do with real food.

Therefore without asking him ahead of time I have created this thread so he can share his cooking expertise with us.

Hopefully he knows how to cook with meat that doesn't come in a tin.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Firstly meat should be cooked simply and be utterly delicious when eaten on its own with a large knife.

Two recipes for doing this are:

Chicken. Poke holes in its skin, and stuff garlic butter in the holes, dust lightly with carroway seeds, place chicken in large deep roasting tin, fill base of tin with leftover red wine from some party or other. Cover with tinfoil. Roast. Eat.

Shoulder of Lamb. Take _DARK_ (not sweet marmalade) and spread all over the lamb. Put in roasting tin. Roast. Serve with roasted carrots baked in the juice at the bottom of the tin. And big knives.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

This thing with the knives is silly.

Everyone knows meat tastes better when eaten with your bare hands. Especially if you have a hot chick to lick your fingers clean at regular intervals.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Especially if you have a hot dude to lick your fingers clean at regular intervals.

Fixed. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The simplest appetising dish I can think of would be soup. First you're going to want to set some finely chopped onions frying gently in a pan with only a little oil. While these are softening, crush a clove or two of garlic and sling these in. Next cube up about half your tin of SPAM and toss that into the oil on a high heat. If you have any paprika add it now. Once all this is fried up reasonably crunchy pour in a bunch of red lentils and some stock (lamb stock works best). Add a half teaspoon of peanut butter and stir. Simmer, while adding water and stirring until you have a thick soup - about half an hour.

I really have to try this one some day ;)

When I feel particularly brave that is...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

man English people are mad crzy, putting peanut butter in soup. What a travesty.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

The simplest appetising dish I can think of would be soup. First you're going to want to set some finely chopped onions frying gently in a pan with only a little oil. While these are softening, crush a clove or two of garlic and sling these in. Next cube up about half your tin of SPAM and toss that into the oil on a high heat. If you have any paprika add it now. Once all this is fried up reasonably crunchy pour in a bunch of red lentils and some stock (lamb stock works best). Add a half teaspoon of peanut butter and stir. Simmer, while adding water and stirring until you have a thick soup - about half an hour.

I really have to try this one some day :)

It really is tasty.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'll have you know the basic recipe for the soup is Italian.

Finger licking by other people? Crikey.

-Elwood Blues

Finger licking by other people? Crikey.

You should try it. :(

British food is, indeed, pretty awful, as is most northern European food.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The italians use pancetta. SPAM works nearly as well, and these chaps were looking for SPAM recipes. Anyway, this is now other recipes, so my digitalised colleague, have you any?

-Elwood Blues

Is the liver human or other?

Good question. What shall it be WalshY?

If the state of my own liver is anything to go by, I'd stick to animal.

-Elwood Blues

Ah, hard drinker eh?

Had to be to get to sleep the last few weeks

-Elwood Blues

Alcohol induces a depressed comatose state which is not sleep. So even though one passes out, one does not get any sleep, or benefits derived therefrom, so you will in fact be just as tired as if you had had no sleep. (The body tries to catch up, when it can, by having a larger proportion of deep REM sleep than normal, for a while, though it's still not clear the role that each different type of sleep performs ... perhaps REM is for memory and deep non-REM sleep is for muscle repair.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

That would explain why I'm so bloody tired then.

-Elwood Blues