Pictures of your games

Darque

Don't knock Ultima VII's engine.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

What the heck are you running, a GeForce 2 mobile?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

What the heck are you running, a GeForce 2 mobile?

Eh? I think those screenshots look decent.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

You know Oblivion seriously needs guns, think about how awesome it would be to snipe fools on that bridge

oblivion200705161723225un9.jpg

Aim for the head.

Don't forget to lead less for small children.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It looks that good?

Blame it on Valve's screenshotter superiority.

The Source engine seems to ignore in-game gamma settings when creating screenshots, so Valve recommends we boost the gamma with <favorite image editor> if we're going to post them for others to view. Otherwise they tend to be too dark. I also prefer to have the Source engine export screenshots in a non-lossy format (BMP, etc.) so that I can specify how much JPG compression I want after editing.

It looks that good?

Blame it on Valve's screenshotter superiority.

Or the fact that Vortigaunt looks like he's using the DX 7 texture and your screenshots have been edited down to below even 800x600.

The Source engine seems to ignore in-game gamma settings when creating screenshots, so Valve recommends we boost the gamma with <favorite image editor> if we're going to post them for others to view. Otherwise they tend to be too dark. I also prefer to have the Source engine export screenshots in a non-lossy format (BMP, etc.) so that I can specify how much JPG compression I want after editing.
I haven't played anything Valve since my last reformat, so I guess it's time to change those settings. >_<

Or the fact that Vortigaunt looks like he's using the DX 7 texture and your screenshots have been edited down to below even 800x600.

Fact this: my PC holds a bias against you now. Really I'm using the fakefactory hi res pack too, odd.

Ahh, the Fakefactory pack. They've always looked like crap. Higher res, crap style.

I'm pretty sure the faces look better in fakefactory, or is that just me?

Just you. Fakefactory makes Alyx look like Michael Jackson.

Guest Accept
Dreamfall - beautiful settings!

I've had some toughts on testing Dreamfall, but i've never really done it.

Is it good? And it is a sort of RPG/adventure-game, isnt it?

I'd die to test another RPG/adventure game... :sad:

Edited by Accept

It's an adventure game. Not an RPG/adventure.

It's sort of an RPG, due to playing various roles in the course of the game. Sure, they're fixed roles, but roles nonetheless. Plus you can be friendly, cautious, mean, etc., in more than one conversation. So there are RPG elements in the game.

Edit2: These shots might be spoilerish to those who haven't played the game yet.

That said, I've got more screenshots. First, a seagull or similar bird, taking off in flight (good timing on this shot), and then my favorite place: Faith's house aka The Winter (more shots of that later).

Edit:

Accept - I think the game is well worth the purchase. It often looks better than NWN2, the horizon goes out way further and doesn't suffer from fog clipping, and it runs smoothly with all options maxed even on mediocre systems. The only shortcomings are the combat (first try in this series so it's either really difficult or stupidly easy), and lots of unanswered questions by the end of the game. The latter is due to the story being an ongoing project, which is why Dreamfall Chapters episodic content is planned. At the least, it extends the story of the original game so you find out what's up with April, Crow, Brian Westhouse, and others. Of course, if you haven't played the original, you'll miss all that history. It's not required knowledge, but it helps.

Edited by Wistrik

The White of the Draic Kin. Rawr. Those who played TLJ might remember her as the egg April saved in her dream at the beginning of the game.

Edit: added egg screenshot. >_< Note I was playing TLJ in windowed mode. Too bad it's stuck at 640x480 resolution. That's a tiny window. Still, I was able to force FSAA (Combined 16x) to make the jaggies almost disappear on the 3D models, of which there are few.

Edit2: subtitles can be turned off if you don't like reading text at the bottom of the screen. I leave them on because they're easy to read (I'm old-school) and never interfere with the view.

Edited by Wistrik

The Guardian's realm. Note that I had to compress all these shots by as much as a factor of 20 (JPG settings) to get them under 500k. Image quality suffers accordingly. The graphics are stunning on a 24" screen. The place changed bigtime since TLJ, and I've read that this may be the final Guardian.

Edited by Wistrik

Faith's house, interior. Lots of references to horror flicks. She resembles Samara in The Ring, the clock's hands run backward, the drawings/photos are dark, her doll appears to grimace rather than smile, her house/dollhouse have the appearance of a classic haunted house, etc. She even has a dark version of a Watilla (a toy/robot/companion) on the stand.

Edited by Wistrik

It's sort of an RPG, due to playing various roles in the course of the game. Sure, they're fixed roles, but roles nonetheless. Plus you can be friendly, cautious, mean, etc., in more than one conversation. So there are RPG elements in the game.

Edit2: These shots might be spoilerish to those who haven't played the game yet.

That said, I've got more screenshots. First, a seagull or similar bird, taking off in flight (good timing on this shot), and then my favorite place: Faith's house aka The Winter (more shots of that later).

Edit:

Accept - I think the game is well worth the purchase. It often looks better than NWN2, the horizon goes out way further and doesn't suffer from fog clipping, and it runs smoothly with all options maxed even on mediocre systems. The only shortcomings are the combat (first try in this series so it's either really difficult or stupidly easy), and lots of unanswered questions by the end of the game. The latter is due to the story being an ongoing project, which is why Dreamfall Chapters episodic content is planned. At the least, it extends the story of the original game so you find out what's up with April, Crow, Brian Westhouse, and others. Of course, if you haven't played the original, you'll miss all that history. It's not required knowledge, but it helps.

Rare dialogue choices when playing a fixed personality does not constitute roleplaying. Actually defining the entire personality of the character you play does. You don't get to do that.

Technically that's true, but TLJ is still an extremely enjoyable experience. The point is that it could really have worked as a novel, visual novel series, animation or movie.

It wasn't too tedious as adventuring games went, either, with its puzzle-y stuff.

I never got to catch the inevitable meaningful final sentence in the ending, though, as the game crashed in the very last bit. Wistrik, judging by your screenshots you must be finished by now. is there anything good after the camera comes in through the doors on the beachhouse, the girl talks on the bed, the camera spans out of the house again - is there a lot more after that?

Edited by Tigranes