Pictures of your games

Darque

Ah, just finished Prey :) Was quite refreshing for a shooter an audiovisually well done (except some weirdly blurry textures)... two scenes I really liked:

post-132-1178831305_thumb.jpg look, it's one of the cool riddles!

post-132-1178831291_thumb.jpg this reminded me of bloodlines...

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

F2scr00008.jpg

Sulik is the best with the Super Sledge. He knocked that bandit clear across to the left corner of the screen.

F2scr00009.jpg

Someone got a massive hit on them.

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Calax: No, I haven't. I heard that a) the game gets less interesting the longer you play and b) it won't work well enough on my computer for me to enjoy it. So I saved my money for a good RPG :rolleyes: and only bought Prey from the bargain bin after having finished NWN2, Etherlords and IWD2 (for the third time).

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Well samm, it's the most impressive visuals I've seen in a while.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Back to NWN...

Sedos is showing her age well. Except for much simpler character and object models, NWN looks almost as good as NWN2 sometimes. The ridiculous far (not far enough for me) clipping plane fog is sure annoying though; can't see where I should be able to see. NWN2 improved on this, but both games are a far cry from Ultima IX. NWN2's clipping plane slider would have to go to 1000 to match U9's rendering distance (which was only achievable by editing the INI file).

Dreamfall!!! Been a headache day so I've been listless and unfocused. Started with NWN and ended up in Dreamfall. Basically trying games out again now that I've got a slightly faster processor and better video card. I had to compress these images down from 6.7Mb so quality might suffer. It's awesome playing games on a 24" display in its native resolution. The 7950GT KO is a big improvement over my old 6800GT.

Zoe Castillo up close. Though the skin textures can tend to be shiny in certain scenes, overall head quality is better than in NWN2. Hair is attached to the head, eyes glisten, lips look moist, no light shining inside mouth, etc.

Argh, this 1Mb upload limit per post kinda stinks. I guess I have the upload abusers to thank for that. :aiee:

What's a city or town these days without a coffee shop? This one's cool because you can actually read the menu, and almost the newspapers. Excellent textures in this game.

I like these cars and buses. I didn't get a shot of it, but the underground train she takes to North America looks great.

BTW, these vehicles speed by at whatever highway speed is in this game, which is probably better than 55mph or 90kph. This shot shows the nearby building reflecting off the buses' windows, and the glare of the sun off the bumper. Normally you wouldn't see these with the vehicles speeding by, but it's nice that the developers added this much detail anyway.

Edited by Wistrik

Dreamfall!!! Been a headache day so I've been listless and unfocused. Started with NWN and ended up in Dreamfall. Basically trying games out again now that I've got a slightly faster processor and better video card. I had to compress these images down from 6.7Mb so quality might suffer. It's awesome playing games on a 24" display in its native resolution. The 7950GT KO is a big improvement over my old 6800GT.

Zoe Castillo up close. Though the skin textures can tend to be shiny in certain scenes, overall head quality is better than in NWN2. Hair is attached to the head, eyes glisten, lips look moist, no light shining inside mouth, etc.

I like Dreamfall it's just really creepy how the characters don't emote even a little in conversations.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I know what you mean, Tale. Zoe in particular tends to stare like a robot most times. However, since HL2 is the only game I've played to-date with believable facial expressions, I can overlook this limitation. I know NWN2 tries, but more often than not the expressions look more comical than believable, ranging from apparent shock (eyes wide open, mouth ajar) to drowsiness (eyes half shut, head falling forward and then quickly jerking to attention), no matter the subject being discussed. It'll get better as more and more games implement it. Perhaps Dreamfall Chapters will improve on this, and hopefully Dragon Age will be at least as good as HL2 in this regard. There may be better games to use as a good example, but I've not played them yet.

Even Longest Journey had characters move their heads and arms in dialogue scenes.

Apparently these forums don't recognize dialogue, either.

http://baby-goat.livejournal.com/179361.html

I didn't take any extra screenshots because I was too busy trying to finish the game yesterday (there were some awesome scenes), but I was watching for facial expressions. Dreamfall has them, but in short supply. Eyes roll, brows furrow, and they might slightly frown or smile. It's not immediately noticeable, isn't used on every character, and isn't used consistently on a per character basis, but it's there.

You know Oblivion seriously needs guns, think about how awesome it would be to snipe fools on that bridge

oblivion200705161723225un9.jpg

Aim for the head.

I'm currently replaying Teudogar and the Alliance with Rome. It's a historical RPG set in the ancient Germania. Are you bad enough dude to stop emperor Augustus... or ally with him??!!

Eating at king Heremod's table.

Teudogar2007-05-1708-54-15-04.jpg

Ambushed by ex-slave bandits:

Teudogar2007-05-1710-05-59-37.jpg

Trying to learn wizardry from the witch.

Teudogar2007-05-1709-57-18-68.jpg

Terrible camera angle :wub:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)