New Fallout 3 Picture

The concept art is cool but it still remains if the game will reflect the art.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

That is because my gun jammed. Sorry.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I had a subscription to Fallout Vibe once. That was back when Quincy Jones was still trying to merge post-apocalyptic retrofuturistic roleplaying games with hot urban street culture and life. I remember the Jay Z / Gizmo rap battle like it was yesterday...

And I'm done.

You mean the Washington memorial? Yeah, the only explanation I can muster for the lack of destruction is that DC was hit by neutron bombs. Minimal destruction, optimal radiation contamination.

I'm back to wondering at what point in the Fallout timeline this takes place. If they follow the pattern and have it take place 80 years past F2, radiation shouldn't be an immediate problem outside ground zeros, mostly.

Edited by Pop

Okay, so it's the Jefferson Memorial (although the front entrance seems to be facing slightly in the wrong direction, relative to the Washington Monument).

Jeffersonmemorial.jpg

The interesting thing to me is the very tall building complex in the background to the right. I think we have already seen it from the reverse angle in the background of the second picture, the one of the U.S. Capitol. Given that a building complex that doesn't exist in today's world has been featured twice in early concept art, I'd say it should play a pretty important role in the storyline. Former Vault-Tec headquarters, maybe??

I see too much focus on US monuments, and in conjunction with orchestral music I begin to smell some "epic" and "patriot" type of crap. But maybe it is just me.

Well, if its to be set in DC, monument avoidance is impossible. The place is rife with them as I assume most country capitals are.

This concept art was commissioned during pre-production, from a guy who "had trouble getting into" Fallout. There's a big stink over at the Fallout boards about it. Apparently the concept art that's being used for the game is in-house, and we haven't seen it yet.

Maybe i am getting a wee bit off-topic here, but what if, WHAT IF Bethesda changes the location of the setting to Japan? Same post-apocalyptic feel, but in Japan. Think about it, there would be a resurrection of the old Samurai clans, but with new weapons. Some self-proclaimed daimyon and shoguns here and there (Mutant-shoguns!). Weird post-apocalyptic hentai and crude jokes about the land before, the arise of the mutants and foreigners seeking a new home for their people.

It wouldn't be THE fallout 3 that fans would want, but since it isn't done by anyone previously involved in the other fallouts, so why not break away and make something a little more different, yes?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I see too much focus on US monuments, and in conjunction with orchestral music I begin to smell some "epic" and "patriot" type of crap. But maybe it is just me.

Well, if its to be set in DC, monument avoidance is impossible. The place is rife with them as I assume most country capitals are.

I wonder if Canberra is full of monuments... :brows:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Silly Gorth, Canberra isn't a real capital. :)

A properly understood Japan Fallout would so, totally, kick ass. As would a Fallout in Africa. Think about it, that woudl be fantastic. Some remote corner of Africa where vast masses of the populace, despite their knowledge of the outside world as a vague concept, are so shaken off by the explosions, that their understanding of that history, and the history before, has been severely distorted - perhaps on a magico-religious concept, perhaps relatively realistic with a hint of eschatologia, etc, etc. Perhaps Africa's landscape has survived a lot better than areas like US with less bombs being struck. Stuff like that.