My exercise regime

Walsingham

I agree with the very intelligent and probably very buff Gromnir.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Did boxercise last night, as well (lots of cute Polish dentists in that class, so it was mandatory that I go. :D )

Now I am very sore, so I will take today and maybe tomorrow off to rest.

Gromnir ran track in high school, but that was really just off season conditioning for football. sprints. went to state for indoor 60 and 100, though we excused our self from the extended team runs. in fact, am thinking that we never, Ever, ran more than an 800 during a track practice.

football practices involve a great deal of running. can't recall how many stadium stairs we has run. football is a team thing more so than is track, so Gromnir occasionally had to do one of those 3 or 5 mile runs. *groan*

Gromnir still runs to stay in shape for rugby, though mostly we does sprints and stadium stairs rather than serious distance stuff.

ever see that movie with robbie benson 'bout Billy Mills? that ain't Gromnir. like running, just to run? crazy talk that is. have never once enjoyed running, save for on the way to a touchdown (rare) or during those infinitely prolonged seconds leading up to a real spine crushing tackle (frequent.) any run that takes more than 11 seconds makes Gromnir die a little inside.

Gromnir = fast twitch

meta = slow twitch

I have a feeling Grmonir (and most people) would easily outrun me; my only advantage is my pig-headed stubbornness, which I channel into running longer, even if it is slower. >_<

I do 100 push ups and 100 sit ups every night.

You know, so I can get jacked.

Not sure what that means, but that is a good cardio workout.

unsolicited advice from Gromnir re weight train...

there is 5 mistakes we see from people trying to get into weights:

1) doing wrong is worse than not doing at all

2) tyros thinks that you build muscle while working out

3) more weight

4) not enough focus on nutrition

All good advice. I can't tell you how FEW people I see in the gym actually isolating a muscle group correctly, let alone making slow, considered movements designed to tear the fibre effectively, so that the body can repair over the next 48 hours. I was guilty of not stretching much at all ... my brother was worse, he couldn't (not sure about now, this was a decade ago) cross his legs his quads were so musclebound.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Thanks Gromnie, that is some good advice.

Although I doubt I'm ever going to take this so seriously. Cue answer to theslug's post.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I really really must agree with Gromnir's post except I've always been of the (possibly daft) opinion that doing nothing is worse than a gently increasing something. I speak as someone who due to possessing a stronger willpower than body has two partially torn biceps, busted knees, and a wedge-shaped dent in my right shin*. :) Take things slowly and keep in mind that so long as you make a regular thing of exercise there's no practical way you aren't going to feel better in the long term. You've got the whole of your life, so take it easy.

The other thing I'd bring up that Meta already mentioned is stretching and warming up/warming down. These are essential, not optional.

*kickboxing

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

1 mistake we seen in Gromnir post, and am not sure where our head were at time we made commet, but replace "synthesize" with "metabolize."

as for stretching... stretching is good, but only if done right. have seen almost as many people stretching wrong as stretching right. too many people got seriously futzed by their gym teachers or coaches regarding proper ways to stretch. is maybe not as dangerous as doing weights wrong, but is still noteworthy.

is tough to thinks 'bout age 40 or 50 when you is in 20s, but you should. relative minor injuries in youth is gonna gets magnified and compounded when you gets older. ever see old pro/college football players? most looks 10-15 yearls older than they should, and they shuffle round likes 80 year olds when they is in their 50s. just likes even small cuts leave scars that never goes away, almost all your injuries, as minor as they may seem, leaves behind damaged and weakend tissue. ever have a high ankle sprain? well then, you is more likely to have one in future. rotator cuff injury can happen very easy, and once you weaken one shoulder, chances are that you overcompensate in some way... often leads to back and neck injuries.

am not trying to scare nobody...

no, that ain't true. Gromnir AM trying to scare, but am not overstating the danger in the least. for most folks, sticking with cardio alone is probably best.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

From what I understand (and practise) stretching whilst cold, i.e. before exercise, is just as bad as NOT stretching at all. Stretch after exertion: I do about 10 minutes of exercise (like skipping with a rope) and then stretch.

Also, another thing to bear in mind is that the body will convert any excess calories for later use; this means even if you eat nothing but protein, then body will either store the excess as fat, or excrete it.

I speak as someone who due to possessing a stronger willpower than body has two partially torn biceps, busted knees, and a wedge-shaped dent in my right shin*. :)

*kickboxing

I have a couple of dents on my shins. I woke up after some big nights on the turps wondering why I had bleeding legs. Took me a while to work out (and then anamnesiacally recall) that I had been doing back somersaults off a podium in a nightclub (and not quite making it back to my feet, with my shins connecting with the sharp edge of the podium). Such is the silliness of youth. ;)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

HA!

I remember an occasion like that when I was teaching. I came into school with this huge Prussian style duelling scar thing on my face (not an actual scar). My kids were all "How did THAT happen?", and having no idea and a huge hangover I opted for honesty. I still don't know if this raised or lowered my stock.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Another half hour session today. Up until now it felt as if I were running beneath the crushing hammers of some demon drummer. This time it felt like I was the drummer, beating my own rhythm on the parched brown earth! Finsihed my run in time with 'We will rock you' by Queen.

-Elwood Blues

I just did an hour of "boxercise" as I have shinsplints ... the instructor (a Yarpie ex-Fireman built like a brick toiletblock) emphasized sqauts today ... not my favourite exercise at the best of times, and certainly painful when he adds "crouch" boxing (where both boxer and the guy with the pads stand with legs at right-angles whilst each takes turns, for a minute, jab-crossing).

Still, my aerobic fitness is pretty decent at the moment, so I feel pretty good.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Guest The Architect

Nowadays I just run for half an hour to an hour and a half (it varies) every second day early in the morning and do weights (just three sets of bicep curls for both arms) every second day. Other crap like playing haki games with a football, kicking the Aussie Rules ball around, playing golf, darts, pool and walking I

Edited by The Architect

I lifted my camera a lot today ... :wub:

Seriously - it is amazing how just 30 minutes of some exercise a day can make a big difference in how one feels. It doesn't even have to be super-vigorous exercise. Sure, one can go for more conditioning, but in terms of general health, it doesn't take too much, as long as you're not eating 5 pounds of cake for dinner.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

as long as you're not eating 5 pounds of cake for dinner.

Damn.

-Elwood Blues

I saw one of those eating contest stories recently, which is why I said that. This guy and gal, they each ate 11 pounds of cheesecake (more or less) in 9 minutes. Or something like that. That'd be a lot of working out to burn that off. :aiee:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I ran outside for the first time this year. A neat little 6 mile run. I must have worked out better than I thought during winter time because I wasn't even tired when I got back home. Good times! Next time I'll bring my camera even when I'm running (I bring it everywhere nowadays) :aiee:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I jogged a straight mile last night and at the end my feet were hurting really really bad. I think I should really consider getting new shoes or something unless thats normal....which I doubt. So the rest of my run was pretty much ruined but I still managed to do 2 miles. Could of went to 3 but my freakin legs were killing me, probably also related to doing leg press on tuesday. damn leg press always destroys my legs when i go running but not as bad as last night. :verymad:

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I jogged a straight mile last night and at the end my feet were hurting really really bad. I think I should really consider getting new shoes or something unless thats normal....which I doubt. So the rest of my run was pretty much ruined but I still managed to do 2 miles. Could of went to 3 but my freakin legs were killing me, probably also related to doing leg press on tuesday. damn leg press always destroys my legs when i go running but not as bad as last night. :*

Good effort for trying though. I'm afraid I've been on three nights of boozing straight as various friend groups have been having reunions. I can't tell if I've somehow miraculously escaped a hangover or if I'm just too blasted to realise how bad it is. :woot:

-Elwood Blues

Knee too bad. :woot: Went for an hour and a haf walk tho.

-Elwood Blues

You can run on your hands!

So YOU were the masked stranger who threatened me with that gun? My palms haven't been so sore since I was introduced to Kelly Brook.

-Elwood Blues