My exercise regime

Walsingham

My right knee hurt for the first time today with the old rhythmic thumping. Great run tho'.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My thumb is killing me today. I need to work on my blocks before I go to next weeks martial arts class. Somehow my opponent managed to hit my thumb in the same spot with three consecutive kicks. He was wearing padding on his foot and I was wearing gloves, but it still hurts. :)

My thumb is killing me today. I need to work on my blocks before I go to next weeks martial arts class. Somehow my opponent managed to hit my thumb in the same spot with three consecutive kicks. He was wearing padding on his foot and I was wearing gloves, but it still hurts. :-

Sounds nasty. Could it be a pinched nerve?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I ran today for 30 minutes. Not straight, but running anyway. Just like I did yesterday.

It is suprisingly fun. I don't know if it's the feeling of achievement, endorphin or just that pain is fun, but I haven't had this much fun for a while. I actually want to run even now, dead tired.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I ran today for 30 minutes. Not straight, but running anyway. Just like I did yesterday.

It is suprisingly fun. I don't know if it's the feeling of achievement, endorphin or just that pain is fun, but I haven't had this much fun for a while. I actually want to run even now, dead tired.

Gromnir ran track in high school, but that was really just off season conditioning for football. sprints. went to state for indoor 60 and 100, though we excused our self from the extended team runs. in fact, am thinking that we never, Ever, ran more than an 800 during a track practice.

football practices involve a great deal of running. can't recall how many stadium stairs we has run. football is a team thing more so than is track, so Gromnir occasionally had to do one of those 3 or 5 mile runs. *groan*

did some running as part of our wrestling practices too. not too much though.

Gromnir still runs to stay in shape for rugby, though mostly we does sprints and stadium stairs rather than serious distance stuff.

ever see that movie with robbie benson 'bout Billy Mills? that ain't Gromnir. like running, just to run? crazy talk that is. have never once enjoyed running, save for on the way to a touchdown (rare) or during those infinitely prolonged seconds leading up to a real spine crushing tackle (frequent.) any run that takes more than 11 seconds makes Gromnir die a little inside.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

gromnir is my hero

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I agree. Although for obvious reasons I can't any more I just to just love tear-assing around town. After running a fifteen minute block, seven minutes of it at top speed, I used to let out these rebel yells at the top my lungs and just laugh my butt off, rest a bit and start over. A truly liberating experience.

-Elwood Blues

Hmm. That kind of resembles my running experiences. First I run at max speed for a few minutes (while old ladies with canes casually stroll by me. Damn those turbo-charged old ladies!!), then I turn purple and have to stop. By then I've started attracting a crowd and there's always some local hero that steps forward to resuscitate me. I try to explain to them that I'm not in fact dying, but it usually ends up with me running into the woods to hide with an angry mob of too helpful people following me. When the crowd disperses I sneak home with a only slightly bruised dignity to show for it. A truly liberating experience.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Exercise feels too much like work to me, and I don't work unless i'm paid for it.

Neil Armstrong (amongst others) believed that humans have a finite number of heart beats. Get healthy and make them last longer, or clock out early with an express cardiac arrest. :p

I should be okay. I exercise...almost never. But my resting pulse is equivalent to that of an olympiad.

Don't ask me how, nobody can figure it out.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

I skipped my kickboxing tonight.

I did that once. Then I did again, on two nights. Then I never went there.

I don't recommend skipping.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

33 minutes today in three blocks pinishing with a 200 metre sprint and a triumphant whoop. As good as learning to fly. :woot:

-Elwood Blues

I'd like to point out to alla youse who are out of shape and know it that after barely a month of really quite gentle exercise I've lost a lot of fat, and feel a hundred times better day to day. It really is worth getting out there and working up a sweat every couple of days.

-Elwood Blues

I'm gonna do weights tomorrow. It's been a while and I have absolutely no sense on what to do, but I guess I'll figure it out on the go.

Also, running.

kirottu said:

Yeah, I find that, when completely unfit, I can run twice as far the second day as I can the first. Rapid improvement up to the first plateau. :woot:

Yeah I've found that too. Like when I started running again the next day it was way easier. Btw nice job with 5 miles, thats a pretty good achievement. I'm just waiting for it to get consistently hot so swimming is a viable option for cardio during the day. Plus i need to get a little tan started.

Also musopticon you should really think up a game plan when working out. You want to train certain muscle groups on different sessions. Ideally you want to do like 4 days a week, but I myself can't go 4 days in the gym and still have the energy or the motivation to do cardio. I'd recommend 3 day split. It's a very easy way to get a good base for all your muscles. You should do Chest/Triceps, Back/Biceps, and Legs/Shoulders.

You can find some good workouts here and they show you how to do them so there isn't any confusion. Remember it's not how much weight you do, its your form and technique that matter most. Good luck and don't forget protein. Always consume protein after you workout before 1 hour no matter what. I'd recommend muscle milk or optimum (gold standard) since they are pretty good names. Also buy protein at the begining of the month because it's expensive as hell and they usually have good deals.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/workout.htm

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

What the hell?

kirottu said:

You said you didn't know what to do so I thought I'd give you some basic pointers. I mean if you don't appreciate the help then go f urself. :unsure:

You know, I might gonna do just that.

kirottu said:

unsolicited advice from Gromnir re weight train...

there is 5 mistakes we see from people trying to get into weights:

1) doing wrong is worse than not doing at all

this point is gonna be kinda repeated by Gromnir numbers of times.

your average trainer at 24 hour fitness and other places is an idiot who took a weekend class to become certified as a trainer. if these jokers were smarter, they would be doing something other than training at a gym... and don't assume that just 'cause a person looks like they is in good shape that they know what they is talking 'bout. Gromnir cannot count the number of people we has seen inure themselves 'cause their form sucks, and the thing is that these people may not realize that they is injuring self til 5-10 years after the fact.

look at it another way. you ever play golf or tennis? maybe you thinks you got the smoothest swing in the world, perfect. then you somehow happens to see self on film and you not recognize yourself, 'cause you really didn't imagine that you were stoking/swinging like you actually is. is reason you go to a golf or tennis pro to get right, no? bad form in weight training is not only gonna inhibit muscle development, but is gonna possibly lead to serious long term injury.

if you hasn't been coached by real knowledgeable folks 'bout how to train, then don't %$#@ around with weights. go and interview some trainers, get their qualifications, and pay for a handful o' sessions. will be real obvious which trainers is fools and which is competent after 2-3 minutes o' questioning. spend a little money now, or risk serious injuries down road... your choice.

2) tyros thinks that you build muscle while working out

is kinda misleading o' Gromnir, but we does so to make a point. some people quit weight training less than a month after start... most people. no harm, no foul. other folks really takes weights serious, and they thinks that train more = better results. muscle grows while you rest, not while you work out. over train is one of the more common mistakes we see from folks just starting weight trains... they see fantastic results for month 1, then they train harder and wonder why they not see as much results in month 2-10000000. your most dramatic results always comes as you first start, but REST is key to muscle development. if you works out muscles that ain't healed from previous workout, then you ain't helping self much.

3) more weight

you is gonna be tempted to add more weight. see Gromnir on bench next to you doing 10 reps at +300? makes you wanna do more weight. no. no, no, No, NO! more weight you add, the more likely you screws up your form. is gonna be very difficult to do so, but concentrate on form far more than the actual weight you does. again, Gromnir cannot stress just how unhealthy a bad workout is. maybe you not recognize this year or the next, but 10-20 years from now you will pay in triple for mistakes you made today.

is many movements that not look impressive, but is just as good (or almost as good) as is squat and bench for building legs or chest. do more exercises that require less weight and you will be far better off in long run.

4) not enough focus on nutrition

is too much to cover in depth, but do not forget just how important the nutrition component is. just as you won't build muscle w/o rest, you won't get good results w/o the right food. those protein bars and shakes? is mostly a waste o' money. human body cannot synthesize much protein at any one time... is a surprising small amount. eat 2 really good meals a day with lots o' protein is not gonna help you build muscle as much as you might think. again, muscle is built while you rest, and your body not synthesize much protein at any one time... so? key is to spread out protein intake. those protein shakes and protein bars gots 'nuff protein in 'em, but you probably gets better results (and cheaper too) by eating small portions o' chicken or fish multiple times a day. is protein bars more convenient? sure they is, but you is paying for protein your body can't use.

and protein ain't the only factor... the basic four food group stuff ain't a half bad guide. is no exact science, but you makes sure you gets lots of dark green vegetables and some considerable 'mount o' fruit too. carbs? carbs is strange. you need 'em, but people reacts so different. if you is already fat, then go careful with carbs loading, 'cause fat people tends to be more carb sensitive.

that is it for Gromnir advice... we can gives specifics on individual body parts, but for starting out you really should seek some profeshnul help to make sure you got good form first... and don't be a schmuck. if some exercise regimen seems like a gimmick, or some supplement sounds too good to be true, then chances are that it is. finally, don't worry 'bout plateaus n' such for at least first 3 month, maybe more. again, is much more important that you is doing the right way than is seeing huge gains in strength and size.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)