Real Breaking News: Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer

Sand

Of course this doesn't necessarily mean we won't get forced companions but hey, it's not prohibited to hope... ;)

Jeff Husges also posted in that thread. After the prologue, none of the companions are required.

Yay!

:woot:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Depends on which route you go.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Of course this doesn't necessarily mean we won't get forced companions but hey, it's not prohibited to hope... :teehee:

Jeff Husges also posted in that thread. After the prologue, none of the companions are required.

That is good news indeed.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

NEESHKA! Must have romance option with NEESHKA!

If a tiefling and an aasimar get it on, what would the child be like?!?!?!?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

NEESHKA! Must have romance option with NEESHKA!

If a tiefling and an aasimar get it on, what would the child be like?!?!?!?

well if both parents are basicly human then the kid gets human and 25% chance that either aasimar or tiefling

it gets more compicated if assimar or tiefling parent is also an elf for an example (easiest example) this way the kid becomes a half elf and has athe usual 25% chance to become tiefling or aasimar

ofcourse if the 'unearthly' blood is not thick anymore it can be whatever parents were, the kid will be a plain simple 'primal' (primary plane citizen)

Edited by Jorian Drake

IB1OsQq.png

There's a new interview up at Gamespot, which has quite a lot of new info...including that there are 2 new base classes and a Red Wizard of Thay PC.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/neverwinter...%3B1&page=1

Interesting. That would at least imply that (assuming the Red Wizards are antagonists in the storyline, which is reasonable) the PC will be able to be a bad guy. Maybe they'll do a better job of that this time :unsure:

Shame about the lack of characters from the OC. I'm definitely disappointed by that aspect. But I can't really blame them for not stopping to fix what was broken. New stories to be told and all that.

Edited by Pop

im interested in what the new base class could be :(

Either somekind of psionic one or maybe they made a playable class out of aristocrat? :unsure:

EDIT: also if you can start as one of the new race/class in the original campaign to play it all over again with once char :)

Edited by Jorian Drake

IB1OsQq.png

I'm not sure Obsidian is foolish enough to break their game with a psionics class. They were pushing it with the Warlock as it was.

actually in their place i would have been more willing to include psionics into the Forgotten Realms then Warlocks :unsure:

anyway, i would love to play as a Goblin Psionist :(

IB1OsQq.png

I want my NEESHKA! And a romance option with her.

Edited by Sand

So, it looks like George Ziets has developed that LotR MMO :down:

Anatomy of Quest Arc by George Zierts

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

KS: The story in Mask of the Betrayer isn't about saving the world. It's an epic story, but it's a very personal one. You awaken in a pool of your own blood. Your immediate goal is survival. The shard of the Sword of Gith has been ripped from your chest and in its place is a dark hunger, a craving that threatens to consume you. The early part of the game involves determining the source and implications of this craving.

Yay, I've always wanted to be Nihilus! :teehee:

*cough*

Anyway, sounds awesome, especially the first sentence :down:

Edited by Xard

Tripleposts are funneh :teehee:

Also, Obsidian's new art director, Justin Cherry (who, among many other things, created the amazing spell effects NWN2 has been praised for), has been adding effects and ambience to the environments to make them feel more alive.

:down:

Edited by Xard

So, it looks like George Ziets has developed that LotR MMO :aiee:

Anatomy of Quest Arc by George Zierts

GS: Neverwinter Nights 2 came out in late October, roughly six months ago. Did you start work on the expansion immediately after NWN2 shipped, or was it in the planning stages beforehand? What's the history on this expansion?

KS: We began planning for Mask of the Betrayer last summer. For the first several months, it was mostly George, CEO Feargus Urquhart, and I determining the feature set, storyline, and direction for the game. Toward the end of NWN2, we dropped working on NX1 entirely to bolster the forces dedicated to completing NWN2.

That's pretty clever project management. :)

We've also increased the depth of the companions by having them also react more believably to poor treatment. If you upset them too much, they will also act appropriately. At first, you'll lose direct control of them (we've improved upon the companion artificial intelligence). Eventually, they'll stop sharing items or carrying around your loot for you. And if you oppose them enough, they'll abandon you. Don't worry, if they annoy you too much, you can kill them, which might bring some benefits....

The cast of companions in Mask of the Betrayer is fairly small, allowing us to better develop their personalities and increase their reactivity to game events. With very few exceptions, you'll never be forced to have a certain (or any) companion with you. None of the companions in NX1 are from the NWN2 campaign, though you may come across the opportunity to learn a bit about the fate of some of your old friends.

Someone's been listening to the fans ..!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT