If you were Yoda..

I may have considered the Unknown Regions first

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

The unknown regions are a bit too far away, I think. Yoda still needed to be somewhat close, to help train Luke (or Leia, if that had happened). It would have been kind of hard for Obi Wan to send Luke to the unknown regions. Finding him on a known planet is one thing, having to search the whole unknown regions to find someone is something entirely different.

Yoda wanted to go into exile, not leave the galaxy to the Sith.

Become strong in the darkside, I would. Defeat Palpatine and rule Galaxy, I could.

The Exile's voice was stern

"Darth Nihilus, remove your mask"

The Sith Lord slowly raised his hands to his face. In utter shock, the Exile looked upon the face of.....

Jolee Bindo!!

mand3.jpg

I would have gone back into that room to continue the fight instead of crawling away through tunnels thinking I'm a failure just because I fell to the ground. That method of explantion for the position of the first movies still baffles me.

But yes, I probably would have run away to a place still close enough for me to easily keep tabs with what's going on etc.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

There really is not much that can be said about why Yoda left. He could have stayed and faced down Palpatine. But the total failure was made up of many smaller ones.

If I was Yoda, I would not stay in a forgotten jungle. I would seek to put together a new Jedi order. Not wait for one person to show up and put all my faith there, even of it would be well placed. The near extinction of the Jedi was in part due to the Jedi simply giving up. Luke came back with the purpose of the Jedi and is the only reason they are still alive. Not Yoda, Not Obi-Wan. If Luke had not wanted to continue the Jedi, Laya may have died in her cell, and that very well could have been it. Such was how much the Jedi did to continue their order.

I prefer the book of RotS to the films. The author does his best to make some things make some kind of sense. MInd you, even he fails to really find a good reason for that nonsense of "It's over, Anakin, I have the high ground!"

Well... yeah ok, go a few meters further up and jump onto land. Jump onto land in front of him and attack. WTF are you wanting to try and jump over his head for?

I think it would have made more sense to stick around and have another go at Palpatine - he didn't lose by much, after all. The Empire was extremely precarious - had Palpatine been defeated, the whole edifice would have crumbled and the Republic re-emerged by default. It was worth the risk of another kicking, definitely.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I would have chosen Alderaan, personally.

Yoda was smarter than me.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."