Fantasy Trappings

Imbrium

I fail.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I fail.

*Sand pounces on Muso to shove a donut in his mouth to cheer him up but grabs his freshly laundered linen instead*

Whoops, wrong pocket! :brows:

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Star Wars made space and aliens popular. Not sci-fi.

Star Wars made marketing and merchandising popular.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Nope. He's a smart, successful man who makes movies people want to see ebcause they are good (if not great entertainment). Period. IIRC, The third part of the prequel trilogy did rather well which says that lots of people enjoyed the first two in spite of all the whining and outcry. And, I have NO doubts that a huge number of whiny dinks who post on this internet geek site were all amongst the first to watch it.

P.S. I have yet to watch part 3 myself sinc eI don't go to theatres, and have yet to see it on DVD.

L0LLERZ!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Nope. He's a smart, successful man who makes movies people want to see ebcause they are good (if not great entertainment). Period. IIRC, The third part of the prequel trilogy did rather well which says that lots of people enjoyed the first two in spite of all the whining and outcry. And, I have NO doubts that a huge number of whiny dinks who post on this internet geek site were all amongst the first to watch it.

P.S. I have yet to watch part 3 myself sinc eI don't go to theatres, and have yet to see it on DVD.

L0LLERZ!

Yes. Hilarious. Why not entertain us with a review of Pride & Prejudice, assuming you haven't actually read it?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I liked Jane Eyre better.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

I saw "Tess of the D'urbervilles" once. Big mistake.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Ew. :yucky:

L0LLERZ!

Yes. Hilarious. Why not entertain us with a review of Pride & Prejudice, assuming you haven't actually read it?

It would be beyond his comprehension.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

The third part of the prequel trilogy did rather well which says that lots of people enjoyed the first two in spite of all the whining and outcry.

It says no such thing. It says that lots of people enjoyed the third part.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

"It says no such thing. It says that lots of people enjoyed the third part."

O RLY?

That doesn't make sense because there wa sno way to know how good or bad part 3 would be unless you saw the first two. If you sww the first two movies,a nd thoguht they sucked yet saw part 3 anyways you are beyond dumb. Sorry. It's illogical to hate the first two of a series yet watch the 3rd movie.

The success of the third movie shows beyond a shadow of a doubt that depsite all the whining people more or elss enjoyed the firts two movies enough to watch the third.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Sorry. It's illogical to hate the first two of a series yet watch the 3rd movie.

This claim is illogical. It ignores brand loyalty and word of mouth.

To think people behave logically is illogical. But, then again, Phantom Menace had greater domestic earnings than either of the two to follow it.

Heck, if you want to claim that two bad movies can "logically" ruin a third movie, then you have to accept by the same logic that three good movies can "logically" make a success of two bad movies.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I don't know if it is by preference or by just being the most popular thing out there, but so many gamers seem to equate the word Fantasy with "Tolkien-style elves/dwarves/magic"

In the words of Orson Scott Card "Fantasy has trees and elves, Sci-Fi has rivets." Of course, in the interview he is saying this, he is ranting about how geeks/fantasy fans as a whole have this idea of elves being fantasy, and treating anything else as a form of Science fiction, not "real" fantasy.

Science Fiction is a genre of Fantasy. Dwarves and Elves fit under a fantastical Medieval Europe kind of fantasy. To better make my point, Most romantic comedy movies ARE fantasy. Those kinds of situations do not realistically happen.

My old DM wouldn't let me play a psychic in his games because he "didn't like science fiction in his fantasy". Then when 3.0 came out, I wasn't allowed to play a monk "because they Eastern stuff don't belong in fantasy". In my travels as a gamer, I've met many more D&D DMs and players that also hated psychics and monks, and didn't allow them in their games.

I want a game that truly breaks down the barriers of Fantasy. A game that incorporates all realms of Fantasy in it. Arcanum was close, very close. I want Blade Runner meets Arthurian legend and Greek gods thrown in too. True fantasy as I've been calling it when ranting to my friends lately. None of them really care though, and I get this impression from other gamers I meet and talk to.

I'm not saying its wrong to like just "Medieval Europe" or "Science Fiction" genres, but I wish there would be a great game developer that would break down the barriers, and create a dynamic and fluid game that incorporated the best of both worlds, because I feel there is a lot of potential there.

Until then, I'm gonna keep playing Arcanum every 6 months to remind me that it can work, and hold on to my dream that one day, there will be another.

edit: Bah, late night ranting doesn't lend itself well to perfect spelling.

Your problem are not the games or the worlds,

your problem are the bullheaded, ignorant, 'straight-after-rules' 'wannabe fantasy lexicon'-s.

PS: once i mentioned here on the forums that sci-fi is actually fantasy and the mob nearly got me becoz that.

Just get some friends together, be a GM, and show your variation of RPG.

It worked for me, now they are more open to innovative gaming, and are 'enlightened'. :)

IB1OsQq.png

Except most things considered sci fi are actually fantasy ie SW.

Yep, and travelling to the Moon was also fantasy some while ago, just like flying or having a 'world wide web' :)

Socalled sci-fi is fantasy what is much more likely to become true than elf mages, but it is still fantasy.

IB1OsQq.png

Yep, and travelling to the Moon was also fantasy some while ago, just like flying or having a 'world wide web' :)

Socalled sci-fi is fantasy what is much more likely to become true than elf mages, but it is still fantasy.

You

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

You

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I think theres a reason that SciFi and Fantasy are often lumped together. Often its hard to tell the two apart.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg