Lots of zombies? Coop-focused? Valve?

Llyranor

I'll probably end up getting the 360 version. Guesting will easily seal that deal, but even without the pendulum is swinging that way already.

As for why I'd choose that version; convenience, laziness. But more specifically to stick with the same idiots I play other 360 games with. The controller is an non-issue. It works fine. I'm playing the game, not the control scheme.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

FPS's, especially online ones, are what makes teh PC gaming. Keyboard + mouse = winrar

:)

It equals a file compression program?

:o

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

• 6 months later...
Becides, the controler isn't an issue, i'm pretty much as good at console shooters now as I ever was at PC ones.

The mouse might be more accurate, but having to pinpoint aim at everything is kind of annoying.

So you press a button to flick through available targets. Aiming is the very definition of an FPS, and you think it's 'annoying'.

You are hereby dubbed a lammo.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Steam > XBL in October 2008

also, a 9600gt is $80 and *poof* your computer is faster than a 360.

Edited by crakkie

Oh Jimmy, you were so funny.

Don't let me down.

From habit he lifts his watch; it shows him its blank face.

Zero hour, Snowman thinks. Time to go.

Pinpoint aiming or not the point of L4D is coop multiplayer of a relatively close-knit group and as such the PC is lucky it's even a runner up. It's hard to argue that the 360 isn't the superior platform for this game.
I'm not really interested in revisiting the tiresome "Consoles vs PC" polemic, but how do you figure that?

There's plenty of PC games that show that close cooperation between players is possible on the PC - take Planetside, CS, the BFs... etc. And if you're thinking of people getting together physically, there's always laptops (which have their own advantages and disadvantages).

Edited by random n00b

I think they are referring more to the fact that we already have an active Xbox Live group going, whereas the Steam group is not active (or at least I never here about epic times over Steam.) Xbox live is easy to use, easy to get your headset working, and easy to group up with people on the forums. I'm not saying Steam doesn't have the same capabilities, but many are already committed to XBL. Plus, every 360 runs the same, which makes any tech issues less common.

I originally wrote my post without this: "of a relatively close-knit group" does that tell you what I'm on to?

I guess you might be lucky enough to have three friends who are interested in this game, PC players and owns a Microphone. Most people don't and as such the lolbox is the generally suggested platform.

Lots of coop games work on the PC, like TF2, because the public servers are decent, but we're talking a whole different kind of much closer coop when it is 4 players instead of a 10 man team. Unless L4D is much worse than I'm guessing it is then communication will be important and I don't see that working well on the PC in general.

Also see Hurlshots post. I would actually consider getting it for the PC if we could pull some kind of steam community together but we can't.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Yeah. I think it could be great as a steam community. but I'm a little disappointed to see there's no 'slow zombies' option. Surely that wouldn't be so hard to add in? Or too much to ask!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It could be extremely great for our steam community as it ought to work well with highly variable amount of players but our steam community is clinically dead.

The speed of the zombies probably have to do with the amount of zombies that can be processed at the same time (slow zombies means that more are needed for an equal threat) and because fast zombies might produce a more urgent need for fast coop coordination which is the purpose of the game.

Thought: harvest profile pictures from facebook to get a range of zombie faces! Isn't there an automated program for doing this now?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I originally wrote my post without this: "of a relatively close-knit group" does that tell you what I'm on to?

I guess you might be lucky enough to have three friends who are interested in this game, PC players and owns a Microphone. Most people don't and as such the lolbox is the generally suggested platform.

Lots of coop games work on the PC, like TF2, because the public servers are decent, but we're talking a whole different kind of much closer coop when it is 4 players instead of a 10 man team. Unless L4D is much worse than I'm guessing it is then communication will be important and I don't see that working well on the PC in general.

It seems to me that you're making a generalisation based on how things are here. Yeah, I can see how for the OE boards crowd, the 360 is the best choice. But only because in this case, the Live group is already up and running while the Steam community failed to take off.

And the mic? Heh, anyone who's played any reasonably modern online game has one... or Skype.

@R_N

And stuff like splitscreen and guesting and all the stuff that the lolboxites regularly mention are minor technicalities to you? I do realize that the PC might be better for you but that doesn't mean it is better in general.

Anyway if you're set on buying the PC version you might want to check out the pre-purchase 10% off on Steam.

And stuff like splitscreen and guesting and all the stuff that the lolboxites regularly mention are minor technicalities to you? I do realize that the PC might be better for you but that doesn't mean it is better in general.
No, splitscreen is a major deciding factor for me. As in, if I can avoid it, I will. What's the advantage of playing on half a screen, again?

I don't know what you mean exactly by guesting, though.

In my case, getting it on PC is a non-choice because I don't own a 360. I'm not saying it's the better choice under all circumstances. But I fail to see how the PC is "a runner up at best", either.

Anyway if you're set on buying the PC version you might want to check out the pre-purchase 10% off on Steam.
Will do. Thanks!

No, splitscreen is a major deciding factor for me. As in, if I can avoid it, I will. What's the advantage of playing on half a screen, again?

Playing on half a screen means that you have someone sitting beside you playing on the other half. It's the whole human interaction thing. :)

Playing on half a screen means that you have someone sitting beside you playing on the other half. It's the whole human interaction thing. :)

Actually I'm a bit confused why they don't offer that on the PC as well? I mean, you can plug in two controllers. Although most monitors probably aren't very conducive to a split screen.

I don't know what you mean exactly by guesting, though.

If I remember correctly it is just utilizing splitscreen with online play. Guesting is what Nick calls it here on the forum and I guess it sticks even though the word is horrible at actually explaining what it is.

The PC is a runner up at best because it has less option than the lolbox, I can't really say anything else. The failbox has autmoatically working mics and options for cramming more players into less machines. You might not like those options yourself but that doesn't matter as I never argued that it was better for you.

And yes as far as I know splitscreen hasn't been implemented for the PC. Valve mentioned that splitscreen is integral to the lolbox so I don't know why they think it wont/can't work on the PC.