KOTOR II: Director's Cut

I would like to see a re-release of the game for the X-Box. (I say X-Box because I don't have a 360 yet.) That fixes a lot of the bugs with the game and so they can add in the deleted content, such as the following:

1) The Genoharadan organization on Nar Shaddaa, and its leader Dessicus, that were supposed to be found on the second level of the Jekk'Jekk Tarr.

2) Dvakvar Grahrk, who was a Devaronian Jedi found on Korriban.

3) The character of Kaevee was supposed to be found in the ruined Jedi Enclave in Dantooine.

4) The droid inhabited planet of M4-78, in which the player is alerted to the presence of G0-T0, the Mass shadow generator, and the HK droid factory. (These being a biggy.)

Hell the Jedi Master Lonna Vash and her apprentice Kaah Ohtok were supposed to be found on M4-78, alive, instead of on Korriban dead. (I would also put the HK Droid factory as mission on this planet too)

5) A confrontation between Bao-Dur's remote and G0-T0 at Malachor V.

6) A confrontation between Darth Nihilus and Darth Sion over the fate of the player and Kreia. (Maybe)

7) The player's love interest were supposed to duel rivals. (I would actually make Mira a love interest as well.)

:( More NPC abilities, such as Bao-Dur upgrading droids, HK-47 ranged weapon training, Visas teaching Lightsaber forms, Kreia teaching Force abilities, and Disciple studying Holocrons.

9) Kreia's redemption by the player, leading Atris to take up the mantle of Darth Traya. (Maybe)

10) A confrontation between the player's party members, namely Visas, Atton, Mira, Mical or Brianna (depending on the player's gender) and Darth Traya, who would be either Kreia or Atris.

11) The male Exile telling either Brianna or Visas that he is leaving for the Unknown regions to join Revan in the war against the 'True Sith'.

12) A scene between Colonel Tobin and Darth Nihilus where the Colonel informs Darth Nihilus of Telos.

13) Atton's confession of his love for the Exile, for female characters only.

14) A cutscene of Visas and Mandalore walking together on Malachor 5.

15) Jana Lorso of Czerka Corporation taking over Citadel Station after the conflict on Onderon.

16) Kreia taunting and killing the Jedi Masters the way it was suppose to be.

These are just a few things, I'm pretty sure theres more. I just think it would be a big seller and that people would buy it just to play the complete game. Hell the only reason why people complain about the mainly is because it is incomplete. Espeacially when you get to the end of the game and see all this stuff about the Mass Shadow Generator and you think you're going to have to make the choice between destroying the planet or not, and nothing happens. The whole thing with you playing as the remote was pointless. So, yeah, a re-release of the game would probably be a grand idea.

Edited by Nevar_Starwind

Kreia's redemption? Are you bonkers? Why would Kreia be redeemed?

It would be up to, and only up to, Lucasarts to re-release the game. Which, based on previous reports and their new stance of only one Star Wars game a year, is not something they seem wont to do.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I just said it would be a good idea.

And I just said that Lucasarts are the only ones with say in the matter. It is a good idea, but it needs to be expressed to Lucasarts, they're the ones that need convincing.

Edited by Tale

It's really of no interest to LucasArts.

1) It takes a lot of time, money and resources to make these changes

2) They won't make all that much money out of it, as they simply cannot charge as much as they would need to

3) Not all ot that stuff was supposed to be in the final game, so even if they had any interest in restoring material which was cut because of the release schedule, parts of that wouldn't make the final game

4) The engine was already aging when the game was released, now it's close to being ancient. Not to mention the backlash they would get for releasing what is basically the same game twice. It's one thing to leave something out, it's something entirely different to bring out an unfinished game only to cash in a second time, this time with the finished product, quite a while later.

Edited by Dark Wastl

Not to mention the backlash they would get for releasing what is basically the same game twice. It's one thing to leave something out, it's something entirely different to bring out an unfinished game only to cash in a second time, this time with the finished product, quite a while later.

What backlash? We've seen it done with movies and games countless times before. Though never with such a delay, except for the odd compilation or remake.

Edited by Tale

Movies... yup

Games... call some names?

As for the threadstarter: Get the PC-version and wait for TSLRP

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Movies... yup

Games... call some names?

As for the threadstarter: Get the PC-version and wait for TSLRP

Silent Hill 2 is the first one off the top of my head.

Some games like Final Fantasy X & Star Ocean: till the end of time if you live in Japan. Fable, Riddick.

There is a difference betweeen adding something which wasn't really missing and delivering something which was supposed to be there in the first place.

Special editions and director's cuts are usually just a bonus, there normally isn't an outcry over the incompleteness of the movie/game. TSL on the other hand, was critizised for that very same reason.

If they had decided to bring out a special edition before all the missing stuff came out, then yes, it might have been somewhat similar, but even then it wouldn't have been the same as a director's cut, nor could it have been sold as a real game.

Edited by Dark Wastl

Knights of the Old Republic (Yavin)

Unreal Tournament (enter here) (bonuspacks)?

And aren't those 2 Japanese titles MMORPG's (which basically means more expansions than the avarage "The Sims")?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Special editions and director's cuts are usually just a bonus, there normally isn't an outcry over the incompleteness of the movie/game. TSL on the other hand, was critizised for that very same reason.

Exclusively because Obsidian did not clean up the assets before release. Every game has cut content. Many games have significantly more content cut than TSL. It has nothing to do with a legitimate criticism against TSL and more convenient bandwagoning since people have been able to figure out what specifically was cut and where it would go.

There is no legitimate difference between "cut content" that is put into the game after initial release and "added content." Most added content is actually just cut or unfinished content people didn't know about.

Edited by Tale

And aren't those 2 Japanese titles MMORPG's (which basically means more expansions than the avarage "The Sims")?

If you're asking that of me, then no, neither of them were MMOs.

I agree that a Director's Cut would be a lovely idea, but I also agree, for the reasons others have stated above, that it's very unlikely. The Restoration Project remains everyone's best hope. I remember they weren't ruling out an XBox version of their mod at one point - does anyone know what they're saying now?

I suppose it's possible that if/when Kotor 3 is released, LucasArts will want to do a re-issue/box set of Kotors 1 and 2, and they might do some tinkering with the games for that. Don't expect that any time soon, though.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

It would be nice but it will not happen, officially that is. We will have to wait for TSLRP to get released.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I agree that a Director's Cut would be a lovely idea, but I also agree, for the reasons others have stated above, that it's very unlikely. The Restoration Project remains everyone's best hope. I remember they weren't ruling out an XBox version of their mod at one point - does anyone know what they're saying now?

They said some time ago that they were not going to make a version of the mod for the X-box. As I recall one of the reasons has to do with moding an X-box being illegal. The comment was posted somewhere in the never-ending thread on the project a few months ago.

Don't know, I'm guessing that Microsoft holds all the licences for the program codes that are needed to run programs on the X-Box. If they don't grant you permission then you can say hello to their army of lawyers......But I'd like to hear from anyone who knows better.

I think it might fall under laws regarding reverse engineering. What these laws are called and what purpose they serve interpreted in this fashion, I can't guess. In fact, I don't even trust the guess that is the first sentence of this post.

As for cut content in many other games; True. But mostly that does not affect storyline (is secondary) or if it was they have altered the story such that it had become needless (in which case a restoration would make no sense other than add confusal AND plot holes)...

^

I would like to see a re-release of the game for the X-Box. (I say X-Box because I don't have a 360 yet.) That fixes a lot of the bugs with the game and so they can add in the deleted content, such as the following:

1) The Genoharadan organization on Nar Shaddaa, and its leader Dessicus, that were supposed to be found on the second level of the Jekk'Jekk Tarr.

2) Dvakvar Grahrk, who was a Devaronian Jedi found on Korriban.

3) The character of Kaevee was supposed to be found in the ruined Jedi Enclave in Dantooine.

4) The droid inhabited planet of M4-78, in which the player is alerted to the presence of G0-T0, the Mass shadow generator, and the HK droid factory. (These being a biggy.)

Hell the Jedi Master Lonna Vash and her apprentice Kaah Ohtok were supposed to be found on M4-78, alive, instead of on Korriban dead. (I would also put the HK Droid factory as mission on this planet too)

5) A confrontation between Bao-Dur's remote and G0-T0 at Malachor V.

6) A confrontation between Darth Nihilus and Darth Sion over the fate of the player and Kreia. (Maybe)

7) The player's love interest were supposed to duel rivals. (I would actually make Mira a love interest as well.)

8) More NPC abilities, such as Bao-Dur upgrading droids, HK-47 ranged weapon training, Visas teaching Lightsaber forms, Kreia teaching Force abilities, and Disciple studying Holocrons.

9) Kreia's redemption by the player, leading Atris to take up the mantle of Darth Traya. (Maybe)

10) A confrontation between the player's party members, namely Visas, Atton, Mira, Mical or Brianna (depending on the player's gender) and Darth Traya, who would be either Kreia or Atris.

11) The male Exile telling either Brianna or Visas that he is leaving for the Unknown regions to join Revan in the war against the 'True Sith'.

12) A scene between Colonel Tobin and Darth Nihilus where the Colonel informs Darth Nihilus of Telos.

13) Atton's confession of his love for the Exile, for female characters only.

14) A cutscene of Visas and Mandalore walking together on Malachor 5.

15) Jana Lorso of Czerka Corporation taking over Citadel Station after the conflict on Onderon.

16) Kreia taunting and killing the Jedi Masters the way it was suppose to be.

These are just a few things, I'm pretty sure theres more. I just think it would be a big seller and that people would buy it just to play the complete game. Hell the only reason why people complain about the mainly is because it is incomplete. Espeacially when you get to the end of the game and see all this stuff about the Mass Shadow Generator and you think you're going to have to make the choice between destroying the planet or not, and nothing happens. The whole thing with you playing as the remote was pointless. So, yeah, a re-release of the game would probably be a grand idea.

Most of this stuff will be restored by Team Gizka...i don't really see a point of releasing a special editon for the xbox. Not to mention LA is probably aware of Team Gizka. More likely than not, once the mod gets released, the PC version of the game will see a boost in sales. So LA will gain money without spending any. :) :) So, don't get your hopes too high, because it is unlikely to happen. If you want to see those stuff in the game, you're just gonna have to buy a PC version (that's one of the advantages the PC's have over consoles, and always will).