Is Customer Service dead?

Calax

Is service dead  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Customer Service...

• It's dead...
    • It's quite alive...
    • It's worse than that, it's dead, and the employee probably is too.

Absolutely. You can feel fre to call me lair for exaggertaing too.

You are a lair. So, when do the dragons move in? 8)

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Yeah, that's just not a nice word. I know there's irony involved in the situation (incongruity, whatever), but the base charge of 'liar' is pretty vicious on a message board where our words are ourselves. Hey, that was clever, wasn't it? I'm one cool customer.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

That makes you a jerk!

Cut that out before I report you. I'm a loyal customer around here, and I demand respect, even from the other customers! :Cant's GRRRR icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

"Okay Volo. You're a liar.

Using your now established background of being a liar, a logical conclusion is that you're lying about your experiences simply to try to prove a point.

Cheers! "

Sound slogical to me except I have nothing to gain by lying about that but I di when I lied/exaggerated about customers being evil.

"Let's not throw around such emotionally-charged words, please."

Hey,, he's not hurtin' anyone. In fact, I specifially asked him to call me a liar...

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

well for bad employees one of my coworkers just became a posterboy.

McD's has a tendancy to put the same four people on drive through. When I needed a break from the window, the replacement tended to do nothing. in fact he did stupid stuff like lie down in the Dry storage, and slug the crap out of a box of fries breaking the box and one of the bags within.

He got "suspended" for a week.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Ironically enough, my entire company spent the entire morning Tuesday at a "customer service workshop." The keynote speaker was John DiJulius, a self-made businessman turned motivational speaker and author. He was a very charismatic speaker, although I'm not sure his hospitality-based solutions will transfer well to our business.

One of his customer service axioms that stuck with me was "It's not our fault, but it's still our problem." It's really easy to point out where the customer is wrong -- you can even be validated by "the rules" -- but the successful companies try to appease the customer anyway.

He gave an example about his trip to Disney World with his son -- they waited in a 45-minute line, only to be told his son was too short to go on the ride. Now, they disregarded several signs at the ride's entrance and throughout the ride's line (You must be X inches tall to ride "Twilight Zone"). A lot of companies would say "tough luck, you should have read the signs." Well, the fella running the ride gave DiJulius' son a offical looking ticket that read "Future Twilight Zone Traveler," redeemable for a free trip to the front of the line as soon as the kid was tall enough. The thing was even signed by Mickey Mouse himself. :p Way to brighten up a bad situation, eh?

Those bastards at Disney are smart, because now this kid will be bugging his dad to go back once he gets a bit taller, and BAM -- repeat customer.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

What I get from a lot of folks in this thread is that the customers suck. Fellow employees pretty much suck also. The boss really sucks. Parents suck. School sucks. ex-girl friends... well, they used to suck, which only makes it worse now, because current girl-friends don't. Except in the metaphysical sense. In that case, they suck also. I mean, get a grip, folks.

Obsidian Plays

Darth, that story rules. Excellent way to twist a bummed situation around.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

well for bad employees one of my coworkers just became a posterboy.

McD's has a tendancy to put the same four people on drive through. When I needed a break from the window, the replacement tended to do nothing. in fact he did stupid stuff like lie down in the Dry storage, and slug the crap out of a box of fries breaking the box and one of the bags within.

He got "suspended" for a week.

I'm in a rather unique situation when it comes to co-workers. Vancouver is like the most multicultural city in North America, so its funny watching the non-native english speaking employees try to figure out what the non-native english speaking customers are trying to order. So we have a filipino trying to take the order of a chinese, east-indian, african, german, arab, and mexican, none of which have very good english. Leads to all sorts of hilarity, especially when we get especially dumb new employees. We had one girl who must have had some sort of cognitive problems because customers would ask for mayo and she would put olives on the sandwich, or asking for parmesan cheese would lead her to stuff all sorts of jalapenos on there. The regional manager came by one day and was like "Is this her first day?" and we were like "No, she's been here for about 3 weeks" She was fired the next day.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Oy, such confusion! :thumbsup:

I don't like jalapenos on my pizza.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Jalapenos are what makes a tuna sandwich. Banana peppers are the pepper of choice for pizza.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I love jalapenos on my pizza. Banana peppers are for salads and sandwhiches. However, jalapenos in my tuna salad sounds pretty tempting.

Obsidian Plays