Oasis - Acquiesce

'cause we neeeeeeed each other

we belieeeeeve in one another!

Hm, true. :)

Oasis - Songbird

"Talk of better days that have yet to come

Never felt this love from anyone

She's not anyone..."

Finntroll - Urrrrrrrrrrrr Jordens Djup(I totally pirated it)

It's decent, better than Nattf

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Finntroll - Slagbr

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I picked up the new Ted Leo and the Pharmacists CD this weekend. So far I'm liking it, except for a few songs, and maybe they'll grow on me.

I found one of the tracks online as Salon's "daily download" from March 5. You can download it here. It's called "A Bottle of Buckie" and it's a little rocker with some Irish flavor.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Nile - To Dream of Ur

kirottu said:

^ Nice!

Charles Mingus - My Jelly Roll Soul

Look, ma! I'm branching out!

Very nice.

IIRC, that's from "Blues and Roots," which is a good place to start with Mingus. "Mingus Ah Um" is the logical next step (and, according to many, his best non-long-form work). It's mostly comprised of compositions inspired by Mingus' heroes-- "An Open Letter to Duke," "Bird Calls" (Parker), "Goodbye Porkpie Hat" (Lester Young), and another tribute to Jelly Roll Morton which I believe is just called "Jelly Roll." A less well-known Mingus album that I really like is "Charles Minus Presents Charles Mingus," which features a smaller group with some amazing work by Eric Dolphy (and the vocal-included version of "Fables of Faubus").

^ Nice!

Charles Mingus - My Jelly Roll Soul

Look, ma! I'm branching out!

Very nice.

IIRC, that's from "Blues and Roots," which is a good place to start with Mingus. "Mingus Ah Um" is the logical next step (and, according to many, his best non-long-form work). It's mostly comprised of compositions inspired by Mingus' heroes-- "An Open Letter to Duke," "Bird Calls" (Parker), "Goodbye Porkpie Hat" (Lester Young), and another tribute to Jelly Roll Morton which I believe is just called "Jelly Roll." A less well-known Mingus album that I really like is "Charles Minus Presents Charles Mingus," which features a smaller group with some amazing work by Eric Dolphy (and the vocal-included version of "Fables of Faubus").

I own "Blues and Roots" and I agree that it appears to be a good place to start (I only have three records; one fusion record and then the awesome one where he plays piano and drinks whiskey). Mingus FTW!

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God