The Music Thread

Darque

Bowie - The Man Who Sold The World

far better than the stoopid Nirvana version :lol:

David Bowie - As the World Falls Down (from the Labyrinth Soundtrack) :)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Bowie - The Man Who Sold The World

far better than the stoopid Nirvana version :lol:

David Bowie - As the World Falls Down (from the Labyrinth Soundtrack) :)

:lol:

Gave As the World Falls Down an honorary listen due to the mention. I love that film. :)

i bought it on dvd and then the very next day went and bought the soundtrack

i get some funny looks from metalhead mates when they borrow my ipod to see what sorta stuff ive got, and in amongst all the dissection, immortal, darkthrone, etc they find the labyrinth soundtrack :lol:

now i'm listening to Within You from the sountrack :)

Edited by Shryke

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Buena Vista Social Club - Dos Gardenias

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

The Temptations-- Ball of Confusion.

Maybe it's the beer talking, but that's a damn fine song.

Nope, the Temps are solid... and "Adam Raised a Cain" is one of my favorite early Springsteen tracks. I found an acoustic version on YouTube... I hate it almost as much as the Seeger Sessions version that I won't link, because it's too painful to watch. Why, Bruce, why? Why'd you take the teeth out of one of your best songs?

Kor: Great Springsteen link with one of my favorite songs off Born in the USA... I was watching CBS Sunday Morning (because I'm an old man, I know) and they had a feature on Little Stevie Van Zandt. He was talking about what an idiot he was for leaving the E Street Band right before the BITUSA album. Anyway, they showed a few clips from his solo albums and dear God, they were terrible. I wonder which E Street member had the worst solo albums? I know Nils, Stevie and Clarence all came out with a few that could be contenders.

Buffalo Tom - Sunday Night

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

my zen was killed this week end (on st patty's day too, so much for the luck of the irish) bar stool tipped over on it, it was in my jacket - my poor zen ... 40 gigs of music gone, some very rare recordings too. I'm devistated. I'll have to listen to the radio at work

now I need to cough up around 300 for a new one ... and wait a couple days to get it

I'm going with a 60 gig this time zen vision this time

now on subject robert johnson - the complete recordings ( 2 cd set )

Bowie - Queen Bitch

I'm just going to go ahead and put this out there, I think Hunky Dory is his best album.

Didn't you give that honor to Low a week ago? :)

Speaking of Bowie and the Arcade Fire, I stumbled across a rather high-quality live set of theirs a week or so ago. In that set, they covered one of my favorite Bowie songs, "Five Years."

Pete Yorn - Strange Condition

Finally a decent song plays on the radio network at my job.

I was flipping channels the other day and that song was playing. It was a comedy with Cameron Diaz in it... I can't tell ya much more than that as I flipped on by as soon as the song was over.

The Clash - The Call Up

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Oh and, been digging some Beastie Boys. Sabotage, Intergalactic, Finger Lickin' Good, Right for Your Right and so on. Dig it!

:teehee:

Kent - Things she said

Wait....why am I listening to swedu-emo again?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Is it worse than Finnu-emo?

Mathew Sweet - Holy War

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Well, this(record) existed before anyone decided to call melancholic rock "emo".

But to answer your question, no. That would need effort, a thing that finn-emo right now does not really have.

Kent - Elvis

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Thin Lizzy -

I've seen that live.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: