Pictures of your games...

Darque

Titan In Thong! :*

post-17979-1174229505_thumb.jpg

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

STALKER pics:

1) Don't want to go in there. But I did anyway. :thumbsup:

2) Eaten by a pack of mutated dogs. Sad

3) What a stalker does. This poor bandit walked right by me and doesn't even know what is about to hit him o:)

post-378-1174751318_thumb.jpg

post-378-1174751330_thumb.jpg

post-378-1174751340_thumb.jpg

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Do all you people have the brightness setting on your monitor at like 80%? I can't see anything in the last 4 pics except vague outlines of various shapes.

I think the 2nd ("game over") and 3rd are night-time pics so they're just dark. The other two are moodily dim but seem bright enough to me.

My brightness is set to 50 & my contrast is 100(max) on my monitor (not vid card) - not that tells you much, since you don't know what monitor I'm using. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Do all you people have the brightness setting on your monitor at like 80%? I can't see anything in the last 4 pics except vague outlines of various shapes.

I think the 2nd ("game over") and 3rd are night-time pics so they're just dark. The other two are moodily dim but seem bright enough to me.

My brightness is set to 50 & my contrast is 100(max) on my monitor (not vid card) - not that tells you much, since you don't know what monitor I'm using. :D

I have to turn the brightness way up on my monitor to see anything. At the current level (36 Bright/100 Con) I can see:

Pic 1: The gun. Everything else except the sky is completely black.

Pic 2: Same as the first pic. I can see the topmost slash only where it runs across the sky.

Pic 3: Once again I can't see anything except the sky.

Pic 4: I see the tub with the skull, a small patch of greenish wall texture above the crosshair(I think, I can only see a white dot, but if I turn up the brightness the rest of it appears.) and of course I can see the eyes.

:-

More STALKER pics.

Non-spoilerish random moments from my game:

post-378-1174940767_thumb.jpg

post-378-1174940776_thumb.jpg

post-378-1174940785_thumb.jpg

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The attention to details in the game is nothign short of astonishing to me. In that sense it feels like a real old skool crpg, where you would encounter something and you would just pause and say to yourself, "I can't believe the developers thought of that." It doesn't happen to me much anymore, but it used to be quite common.

A bit too dark, but I thought the scene was pretty

ss_jo

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I don't even remember what I was thinking when I posted that, but then it was 2.5 weeks ago. :ermm:

post-3491-1175303504_thumb.jpg

About a second before everything on the screen dies from my Ion Cannon strike. I really like the Ion Cannon animation. :ermm:

More STALKER pics.

What's up with the numeric data - enemy distance?

I'm going to pick up my new PC tomorrow morning... But unfortunately, STALKER will still have to wait some time. And it will have to compete with ArmA for my wallet's contents.

More STALKER pics.

What's up with the numeric data - enemy distance?

It's a toggled feature that shows the distance of whatever is in the crosshairs up to 300 meters. Not just enemies, either. Basically they just draw an imaginary line out from the crosshair and the first thing to obstruct it determines the distance. Given that the gun and ammo types usually list the distance to which they are effective, it can be pretty useful.

My beloved character I had been playing in a PW server for four years now and still playing. No plans to quit until the server quits.

Finally got the PRC weapon master class that took a whole year to finally get my application to be processed by the DMs.

post-6708-1175418262_thumb.jpg

Currently standing outside the walls of Norwick, conducting his unscheduled patrols as he aides the town's defences in a fool's war against the overwhelming, better trained and disciplined orcs.