BREAKING NEWS! First Duke Nukem Forever screenshot

Meshugger

Didn't some member of Obsidian leave to go work on this game? I recall reading about it in regards to NWN2's HDR

Team Fortress 2 is on the verge of beating this game out to release. And we still have not seen any screenshots. But, I guess I should stick by them since they are based out of my hometown of Garland.

I mean CRIKEY! Garland! Why did I not know that till just now? I knew they were in the area, but never knew I probably passed their office 20 billion times.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well, I don't consider 3DR games extraordinarily "creative". They just used tons of cliches and fit them together very well. In addition, 3DR has all the time they want to make DNF the way they want to, so it's bound to be a huge success, whether it's in some way creative or not.

You don't think having irradiated giant pigs as police is creative? Or a weapon that shrinks your opponent so that you can step on them is creative? In a FPS? :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

More like Duke Nukem Fornever! Haw, haw, haw

Am I right fellas, I mean, am I right?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Its taking forever and the technology is 9 years old.

Actually, one of the reasons it's taking so long is that they keep switching out the tech for new, better ****. DNF is probably now on an engine at least as polished as Doom 3's, which is to say, okay but not next-gen by any means. Who knows, they could trot out an engine that's actually impressive.

I remember seeing the old screenies that showed a graphical sophistication not beyond the original Half-Life. They were shown around the time of the "FPS war" that came after the release of Quake 2, the one that Half-Life ended up winning. IIRC, DNF was supposed to compete with the original SiN (heh) Unreal and Half-Life during that time. Never happened.

Its place in development hell aside, the fact that they've switched out engines so often obviously doesn't bode well for the game itself. It would seem to indicate that visual quality is high enough on their list of priorities that they would scrap the game and start over when a certain level of sophistication isn't attained, and that's never good. Is the game such a ****ty play that they require a "hey, that looks cool" to justify the game's development?

Edited by Pop

No, you cannot pre-order the game.  If you see some online store saying "We are taking pre-orders", they're just trying to get your money (they usually also make up their own supposed "insider release date info", too).  There is no release date set, we are not taking pre-orders for the game.  End of story.

Once we begin taking pre-orders, believe us, you'll know about it.  :)

The release date of this game is "When it's done".  Anything else, and we mean anything else is someone's speculation.  There is no date.  We don't know any date.  If you have a friend who claims they have "inside info", or there's some game news site, or some computer store at the mall who claims they know - they do not.  They are making it up.  There is no date.  Period.

And yes, we know the game has taken a long time.  There's no possible joke you could make about the game's development time that we haven't already heard.  :)

LOL

Linky.