The Music Thread

Darque

You see, I like to go through full albums to see if there's maybe a little gem hidden there somewhere. I just happened to find "Make You Feel Better" which is a pretty fun song.

Eels - Son Of A Bitch (Live With Strings In Philedelphia)

Edited by TrueNeutral

Yeah - but the knowledge, the comprehension that you've consciously listened to a (double!) RHCP LP is gonna kick in soon, and you'll be shoaling in self-pity and general "eekiness". So it's not exactly a breezy situation - know what I mean... how long can the euphoria last, hombre?

Brother Ali - Room With A View.

(Someone should punch Slug in the neck; I want more Ali|Ant.)

But there's all the slap bass! And don't you get tired of Anthony Kiedis mentioning California in every song?

Their stuff just blends together to the point where I can't tell one song from the other. I have a hard time believing they have enough creativity to fill a double album.

That said, "Tell Me Baby" is a great song. They were playing the video 23 times a day on Vh1 a while back, and it's a fun one that manages to stay fresh.

TN: Is that a cover of the Screamin' Jay Hawkins song?

CCR - Down on the Corner

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

When I was young, 10 or 11, I misunderstood the chorus and, subsequently, had them pegged as racists for years. Thankfully the internet has since kicked knowledge in my general direction. Such is life.

Minutemen - Don't Look Now. ... see what I just did?

Screamin' Jay Hawkins - he was the man in Mystery Train.

Plans-37737.jpg

When I was young, 10 or 11, I misunderstood the chorus and, subsequently, had them pegged as racists for years. Thankfully the internet has since kicked knowledge in my general direction. Such is life.

Minutemen - Don't Look Now.  ... see what I just did?

Creedence cover, posted after Creedence original, posted after a song that Creedence covered. Although "covered" doesn't really do the CCR version of "I Put a Spell on You" justice... maybe "tore open with a smoking hot kukri" would work better.

Looking Glass - Brandy

But more essentially... have you listened to Double Nickels On The Dime yet?

The Sonics - Have Love Will Travel.

No. I keep hoping to see it at the used CD shop I frequent (I'm a cheap bastard), but apparently either no one has sold it back or no one owned it in the first place. Given its reputation, either case is plausible. I could buy it online, but that requires paying S&H. I could acquire it through other, more ... nefarious means, but that would anger the music gods. In short, my usual avenues (even the shady ones) have failed me.

Mid-post edit!

I just ordered it from my library's online catalog. Apparently, they'll send it from another library to mine, which is good, because my library was found lacking. Sweet.

Kevin Devine and the Goddamn Band - Just Stay

I only please the music gods once I'm certain I like what I'm going to buy. Meaning I need to have heard it first, which in turn usually means I downloaded it.

And at least I'm decent enough to delete the stuff I dislike. Not like I'm gonna listen to it anyway...

Edited by Pope

I only please the music gods once I'm certain I like what I'm going to buy. Meaning I need to have heard it first, which in turn usually means I downloaded it.

And at least I'm decent enough to delete the stuff I dislike. Not like I'm gonna listen to it anyway...

Yeah, I hear that. Downloading broadened my horizons and got me out of listening to the same ol' bands. And if I liked those new bands, I'd see spend money at their concerts and pick up their CD. That's money I never would have spent if I hadn't taken a free sample.

I think music labels should release downloadable zip files of three-song promo for the new album. It would be like the music version of shareware! If you like it, you'll pick up the "full version."

Cake - Rock n' Roll Lifestyle

I just ordered it from my library's online catalog. Apparently, they'll send it from another library to mine, which is good, because my library was found lacking. Sweet.

Way to go, good job, I guess. (Unless you and wifey needed the money for, like, bills and stuff. Which would probably suck. I mean, you don't want Mike Watt drinking himself into a shallow, hollow grave because of your divorce... surely.)

John Cale - Hallelujah.

Gire - Nadak, erek

It's been the odd two years since I last heard this little Hungarian piece of athmospheric metal. I didn't really recall how hauntingly...beatiful it was. I wish I had taught myself Hungarian so the lyrics still weren't gibberish for me.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Enter Shikari - Anything Can Happen In The Next Half Hour

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Me First & the Gimme Gimmes - Goodbye Earl

My favorite all-star punk rock covers band is at it again!

Sweetness, its been awhile.

Brian Eno & David Byrne ~ Mountain of Needles

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

The Clash ~ Rudie Can't Fail

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Elfen Lied - "Lilium"

So sad, so beautiful. One of the best intro songs ever made.

Listen and judge(short version)

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy