The Music Thread

Darque

Nouvelle Vague - Dancing With Myself

I love weird rock covers! :))

Speaking of covers....

I don't agree with all of them, but I found the Rufus/Buckley split on "Hallelujah" amusing.

Its funny how none of them can really put together five good cover. I did notice the "punk guy" had Social D's Ring of Fire in his honorable mention, but not their cover of Under My Thumb.

In honor of the covers:

Pixies ~ Wild Honey Pie

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Its funny how none of them can really put together five good cover. I did notice the "punk guy" had Social D's Ring of Fire in his honorable mention, but not their cover of Under My Thumb.

In honor of the covers:

Pixies ~ Wild Honey Pie

Yep, heinous oversight there. Most of the "reviewers" over-represented their pet genre, like the guy with two Deftones songs or the guy with all the gothy-techno-grunge songs.

It was nice to see Goldfinger (99 Red Balloons) and Bim Skala Bim on there. I actually own the CD with their version of "Brain Damage" - it was a comp called Ska Cover to Cover. Very hit and miss. Still, how can you do a list like that and not include ANY Me First and the Gimme Gimmes songs? At least they had Mojo Nixon.

Steve Earle - Reconsider Me (Warren Zevon cover)

Edited by Darth Drabek

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Nouvelle Vague - Dancing With Myself

I love weird rock covers! :))

Speaking of covers....

I don't agree with all of them, but I found the Rufus/Buckley split on "Hallelujah" amusing.

I'm glad you like it.

It kind of annoyed that almost all of them pick either Buckley's or Wainright's cover of 'Hallelujah', but they couldn't even bother to mention John Cale, who blows both those hacks out of the water.

The Gathering - In Motion #2

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Some of those reviews just made me laugh. Sixpence None The Richer's destruction of Crowded Houses' 'Don't Dream It's Over'?

Lollergaggers. At least it was nice to see some love for Cakes' 'I Will Survive'

The Shins - New Slang (still...)

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

This just showed up on my radar. It's a bunch of metal/hard rock players covering Beatles tunes. They're calling it.... wait for it... "Butchering the Beatles." Because hey, who hasn't wanted to hear Kip Winger try out "Drive My Car?"

The artist list reads like a who's who of 80s and 90s rock celebs (with plenty of B-listers). You can stream the whole album HERE. So far I like "I Feel Fine" the best. As far as honest rock singers go, John Bush is pretty damn good.

Edited by Darth Drabek

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Deathklok ~ Inner Child Tied and Beaten in My Trunk

I wonder when they are going to write a song making fun of all the werewolf worship in modern metal.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

The Talking Heads ~ The Girls Want to Be with the Girls

I was going to find my copy of the folk "Straight Outta Compton" version, but it's on my other computer. Bollocks.

You mean this one?

fwoompf - Acoustic Challenge - Straight Out Of Compton "ML Shootout 2: Get Your Gun Part Three" (2007)

Oh and btw new Andrew Bird leaked and it's great.

I was going to find my copy of the folk "Straight Outta Compton" version, but it's on my other computer. Bollocks.

You mean this one?

fwoompf - Acoustic Challenge - Straight Out Of Compton "ML Shootout 2: Get Your Gun Part Three" (2007)

Oh and btw new Andrew Bird leaked and it's great.

No, it's done by the singer from Veruca Salt :wacko:

Got the leak, too. I know this Canadian guy that gets me all this stuff.

Son House - Death Letter

Heja Sverige!!

Son House - Sundown

Heja Sverige!!

Nick Drake - Way To Blue

Heja Sverige!!

Thin Lizzy ~ Jailbreak

Kor you magnificant bastardos

Skip James ~ Hard Luck Child