the most torrented stuff of 2006

J.E. Sawyer

well, if Bethsoft doesn't screw it up, they've obviously got an IP that could make them some money.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I want to go on record saying that despite what other sites report, I am not single handedly responsible for 2/3 of that 1.4 billion gigs.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I want to go on record saying that despite what other sites report, I am not single handedly responsible for 2/3 of that 1.4 billion gigs.

That would be Sand. You only account for a sixth.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

...ya know, I's still ne'er played FO2... :)

:p

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

That's really incredible.  Even if the numbers were in some way massively inflated, it remains incredible.

Does this say more about the Fallout franchise though, or the gaming public's love for Bethsoft?  HMM.

I don't see how it says anything about the gaming public's relation to Bethesda. They had nothing to do with Fallout 1 and 2.

I don't see how it says anything about the gaming public's relation to Bethesda.  They had nothing to do with Fallout 1 and 2.

The idea is that Bethesda announces Fallout III and millions of the type of people who would sooner use torrent than pay for a $10 game, wondering about this series called Fallout, go and torrent the two preceding titles. And that's why all of a sudden there are a billion downloads of the Fallout games.

Edited by Schazzwozzer

I don't see how it says anything about the gaming public's relation to Bethesda.  They had nothing to do with Fallout 1 and 2.

The idea is that Bethesda announces Fallout III and millions of the type of people who would sooner use torrent than pay for a $10 game, wondering about this series called Fallout, go and torrent the two preceding titles. And that's why all of a sudden there are a billion downloads of the Fallout games.

Wasn't the annoucement originally in 2004?

Besides, I don't think enough people would pay attention to warrant that.

I actually downloaded Fallout 2, probably two years ago. Before you call the feds, here's the context.

I really liked KOTOR, and TSL wasn't out yet. I did a lot of reading about story-driven RPGs (which I'd never played before KOTOR), and the Fallout series and the BG games kept coming up. I found a demo of BG2 at fileplanet or somewhere, and I found a huge EXE file claiming to be Fallout 2 on whatever file-sharing service I was using at the time.

I tried them both, but I couldn't stand the turn-based style of Fallout - I deleted them both and purchased the BG2 collection, which happened to be collecting dust on the "Old PC Games" shelf of the local Gamestop.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

That's a fairly odd list overall.

Yeah, I thought so too. I mean, Dark Water????

Dude, it's Jennifer Connelly! JENNIFER CONNELLY!

I have no need to download Fallout 1 and 2. I still have the original discs. :D

The games are still installed just in case I have the need to blow some stuff up.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Um... George W. Bush? :dancing:

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"