Darklands remade with NWN2?

damonors

I never installed Darklands on my new computer, and after about 3 years I think I may not play it again (combat and dungeon exploration are a pain), but I still love the game. So, as I am playing NWN2, I realize that the system they have may make a pretty good Darklands remake. The overland map (no actual travel and season change though) would fit, and the cities could be majorly expanded from the original game. I'm sure you can script much of the stuff in it like staying at the inn and working.

Skill set is another issue that'll have to be worked out. Can you modify the skillz in the game by adding, subtracting, or augmenting the exhisting ones? Can you add feats? Can you change or add classes? There would have to be some finagling (sp?) with the class system, of course.

Now, I have no building experience or desire (wayyyy too much to do in real life so I must concentrate solely on playing), but I am sure there are people out there who would take up the challenge. I hope.

I know Sawyer is a big Darklands fan, and he worked on NWN2, so maybe the idea is already floating around.

Does this sound fun? Do-able? Totally radical kewl?

...for which you couldn't do the googling. :thumbsup:

Google is tough.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Thanks Gorth. :thumbsup:

It's an old and intricate RPG set in pseudo-historical Germany which has a very good character ageing system built into the char-gen.  I have to admit I hardly touched it when I installed it but if you like complex sandbox RPGs and don't mind playing aged games you'll like this.

Thank you for this also. :aiee: