The Escapist: The Rise and Fall of Troika

Morgoth

"Yes, mommy."

You've been nice in this thread. I think she was referring to my buddy Alanshu and myself. :D

"Majority."

Nope. The facts don't bare that out. Sorry. the truth often hurts. =]

"Lets just stick to playing what is fun."

Eh? I cna't speak for Alanshu; but I do find this *fun*. R00fles!

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

More games need random craziness.

Bethesda's attempt at crazy fun in the Oblivion world should be interesting to see. I wonder how it will compare with the Malkavians in VtM:B. I never played through a full game as a Malkavian, though I'm sure I'll get round to it eventually, but there were some decent laughs there. Not that any RPG could ever compete with the humour of Quest for Glory, of course. :aiee:

No MMO.  MMOs are bad.  BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!

EVIL MMOs!  EVIL I TELL YOU!  :aiee:

Indeed.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Malkavian is an outstanding thing in VtM. Almost all the fething coversations are given a new and drastic twist. Well worth it for a first play through as i did. I hate Malks in pnp, but I suddenly saw what they could be. Madness doesn't have to be annoying.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Malkavian is an outstanding thing in VtM. Almost all the fething coversations are given a new and drastic twist. Well worth it for a first play through as i did. I hate Malks in pnp, but I suddenly saw what they could be. Madness doesn't have to be annoying.

I like Malks they have become my new favorite clan. We and I think alike.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I should add that MMOs are evil, and a VtM MMO would be all the bad things about VtM live roleplaying, but without being able to poke people in their flabby pasty guts and demand they stop pretending to be a lissom acrobat.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

We and I think alike.

You wear grampy bone too? :cool:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Fallout LARP?

Que Iran and North Korea!

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

But you yanks have 9960 warheads. You can sacrifice few thousand of them instead of forcing poor countries to do dirty work for you ;)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I love the US approach to the rules of sports: there ARE no ties! :D

Doesn't a football match have (after an exhaustive list technical metrics) a coin-toss to decide the game?

No. The coin toss just decides who gets first possesion.

In college football, both teams get equal oppurtunity to score. The ball is placed on the 20 (IIRC) yard line and the team which won the coin toss attempts to score. If they do score, the team which lost the coin toss gets a go at scoring. The winner is the team which scores and prevents the other team from scoring.

In professional football it's based on timing.

pro football, during regular season, has one overtime (5 minutes i believe). the first score wins, i.e. sudden death. if neither team scores, it is a tie. baseball goes until they drop. hockey goes to sudden death OT then a shootout. soccer goes to a shootout as well, i believe (we did when i was playing in my younger days)... that's governed by FIFA now i assume.

taks

Edited by taks

comrade taks... just because.

basketball is a game unlikely to go more than one OT. too much scoring to be that even. hockey, OTOH, during playoffs, is ridiculous. full periods. i've seen 6 or 7 periods (3 or 4 OTs) before. it was agonizing.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

>_<

Troika ------> Sports talk.

:aiee:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

basketball is a game unlikely to go more than one OT.  too much scoring to be that even.

It's 1/3rd through the NBA season and there have been 3 triple overtimes, inc 2 over the holidays. Last season Phoenix alone played 2 triple OTs and almost went to a 3rd.

There have been multiple quadruple overtimes in NBA history. Not common, but they happen.

Basketball is a turn-based game, and extended periods are not uncommon when teams score a measly 7 or 8 points per OT.