Do you have a zombie plan?

Tale

I'm creating this so we can stop derailing Aram's thread. This is for general discussion about zombie combat, planning, and the future of the war on the undead.

I said in the other thread that we had a manageable zombie encounter here a week (and a half) ago that turned into tragedy. It wasn't someone's use of fire that caused that tragedy. No, it was lack of education. My college teaches no courses on zombie survival or combat. We have attacks occur every year and a half to two years, but we treat it like fire safety. With guns in cabinets and diagrams. But, we don't educate, the most powerful tool in dealing with zombies.

It's kind of ridiculous. The outbreak we had two years ago pretty much eradicated the entire student body, but the biggest prevention step we take is to arrest kids with incense in their dorms because they might be performing voodoo. For crying out loud! We need real education courses. We need the school and governments to sponsor and encourage these courses. I've tried holding a few free courses to teach those that I can, but the only people ever interested are the handful of survivors of recent attacks, and even they are only interested for a limited time. It's because zombie attacks are always dismissed as flukes. But, then a year and a half later another pops up.

I've been here five years and a half and I've encountered three such attacks. People are so uneducated about the dangers of these things that at every single attack, the local fraternities start thinking it's a great hazing opportunity. And then our football team suffers.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

In case o Zombie attack, I'm supposed to follow the train tracks until I get close to my Mother-in-laws house. She runs a trucking company, and we can use the property as a compound. We have dirt bikes that will be used to pick up family members along the tracks, and weapons stored at the house.

I really hope for a "Night of the Living Dead" style zombie attack, rather than a "30 days" style.

Edited by Hurlshot

I really hope for a "Sean of the Dead" zombie attack. Bash them over the head with a cricket bat and they're done. Infact, that'd actually be extreamly fun.

See, the people in North America would be doomed, because we don't play cricket. :)

In the event of any zombie attack, I plan on on doing the only sane thing, which is to go over to my gun nut friend's place, get some heat, and go all hunter/killer road warrior on the undead.

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

Well, I worked the Ren fairs for a number of years, so I always keep a Sword close at hand in our home.

While I know a Scimitar or a Scythe or something else with a curved blade would be optimum for a Zombie Attack and Decapitation the Broadsword is the weapon I have the most practice and experience with... so in case of Zombie attack, attack with Sword.

Guns are great and all, but they Jam, run out of ammo and you need to have pretty good aim under duress and your limited to one Zombie a shot unless your really good.

With a Blade you never run out of ammo, can decapitate the Zombies for ultimate security in there destruction and can take out more than one Zombie per Swing, it is however a little more risky as you have to be in somewhat close proximity where as a gun has range.

Flamethrowers are pretty much useless, all you end up with is a burning Zombie nightlight trying to eat your brains.

Chainsaws are gas dependant, unwieldy, prone to stalling, hard to start up and you can easily hurt yourself or other Non Zombie targets with them.

As for a Plan in case of a Zombie attack, were pretty much screwed here in Chicago, they will barricade all the roads out of the City and simply nuke the place.

However we live right next to Lake Michigan, so my personal Plan is to load up on as much as we can, walk a block down the road to the docks and steal some rich guys Yacht and get the hell out of Dodge.

BowlingBild4.jpg

"I use the pen, because I believe the pen is mightier than the sword. But you should always keep a sword handy, should the pen fail."

Edited by Draken

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

I don't believe in zombies. Anything I don't believe in never hurts me.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

A houseboat stocked with canned supplies and plenty of water purification tablets and a distiller to extract fresh water from brine.

For added early warning, just in case, a sonar and a top mounted radar. For defence, a Barret .50 sniper rifle and a Glock 17.

For close combat, a fireman's axe.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

It'd be a simple matter of barricading every possible entrance within their reach, destroying the stairs leading up to my back deck, and installing a ladder on that back deck to give me access to the roof.

After that its a simple matter of using the .22 to slowly pick them off, one at a time. I have a Ruger 10/22 with a drop in Lilja barrel and a 3-9x32mm scope that'd to fine, so long as I have someone to keep the mags filled, which can be done pretty quickly with a PC crank loader. I have about 7500 rounds of .22 ammo out at the farm (really not that much if you consider that a full case of .22 ammo is 5000 rounds.) If the noise starts attracting too much extra company, and I could access the shed, I might try to whip up a makeshift supressor out of some PVC pipe.

If supplies started to run out I might fill the truck up with some more potent firearms and make an expedition to some of the nearest stores. It'd be worth it in this case to make some allies, a few to fill the carts and a few to cover them.

I'd say rural America would have a zombie outbreak well under control in a short amount of time. Majors cities, especially the ones with strict gun control laws, would probably have to be firebombed.

1) Stay on the move. Barricading yourself in = death.

2) Never carry more than you can comfortably pack. Being slow = dead.

3) Don't bother with melee weapons unless you're willing to die. If you can melee them, they can melee you.

4) Always carry a melee weapon. If you don't, you're screwed anyway.

5) If you see one zombie, avoid it or kill it. If you see more, run.

6) Don't expect anyone to watch your back.

7) Guns don't kill people. Guns kill zombies. ^_^

:aiee: Guns run out of ammo though, so don't get ****y.

9) Get the hell out of town. The greater the population density, the greater the potential threat.

10) When using melee weapons, avoid bladed weapons. Blades chip, break, and get stuck in bone. It takes a LOT of strength to cut off a head. On the other hand, kinetic energy does amazing things when applied via a lead pipe. :)

11) Never assume any place that's been populated is safe. If there were people there, there are probably zombies there now.

12) Get on top of something that'll allow you to still move. Like Rooftops. You can climb, they cannot.

13) If they can climb or run, you're screwed.

That depends on the size of the outbreak we are talking about. If we are talking about just a few zombies it's safer to hole yourself up somewhere that they cannot reach you. Preferably within your compound surround by a ten foot re-inforced concrete wall. You did remember to build that wall right?

If you try and leave, you'll only get stuck on the roads as everyone else attempts to flee from the zombies. If you really must leave, the best mode of transportation is a good mountain bike. It's quiet so it won't attract zombies and it doesn't need to worry about gas. It may not be as fast as some other methods of transportation, but it can go a lot of places that a car would never be able to get to. :aiee:

That depends on the size of the outbreak we are talking about. If we are talking about just a few zombies it's safer to hole yourself up somewhere that they cannot reach you. Preferably within your compound surround by a ten foot re-inforced concrete wall. You did remember to build that wall right?

If you try and leave, you'll only get stuck on the roads as everyone else attempts to flee from the zombies. If you really must leave, the best mode of transportation is a good mountain bike. It's quiet so it won't attract zombies and it doesn't need to worry about gas. It may not be as fast as some other methods of transportation, but it can go a lot of places that a car would never be able to get to. :thumbsup:

The main problem with this is it is incredibly hard to judge the size of an outbreak during the outbreak. They gain reinforcements the same way you lose them. And then sometimes, they just gain them anyway!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."