CRYSIS in Crisis?

Morgoth

In 2004 the Bavarian authorities sent in the state troopers. Ostensibly it was as a response to a claim made by a former employee that we had illegal software installed on our machines. Their remit, however, appeared to be a lot wider. When the small tech team appeared to inspect our computers, they were accompanied by over one hundred flak-jacketed riot police, all armed with Heckler and Koch sub-machine guns.

It was a total overreaction. It was like they expected to find us hunkered down behind our desks, pulling out our shotguns and semi-automatics and shouting "you'll never take me alive, polizei!" They arrived first thing in the morning, and kicked down our doors. They even raided the nearby private residences, with one of our programmers forced to lay down naked on the floor with a gun to his head after he discovered armed police in his room after finishing his shower.

Because we weren't all at work at the same ungodly hour that most Germans start, they were forced to set up ambushes all over town. I was caught just outside the office. Others were pounced on in the park. There were reports that they'd even set up roadblocks on the exits to the town. We were all shepherded into our Mo-Cap room, and there we were forced to remain until questioned, prevented from leaving by dozens of armed guards. There must have been two guys (and girls) with submachine guns for every one of us. You can imagine we didn't feel very welcome in Bavaria after that.

WOW! That is HUGE! I didnt think that germans were THAT paranoid... in what world do we live guys?... :(

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Read it through fully, guys. A very interesting read.

Does any of you live in Bavaria/Lower Saxony? Is it really this bad there?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Or zombies. And Wolfenstein having zombies for soldiers.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

So and what does violent users of cracked Photoshop versions have to do with Crytek?

I thought it was pretty obvious I was joking. Guess not.

Are you implying they were stormed because they used cracked software?

It says so right in that guys post - a disgruntled former employee claimed they were using illegal software and the authorities investigated the claim with a ridiculously excessive show of force. That part of the story is old news, and I can only assume the claim proved false.

Heh!

The Germans and Austrians and such are having a hard time changing their culture after all these years. :bat::aiee:

Meanwhile we Americans are eagerly moving towards where they are pretending to be trying to get away from. :dancing:

Peace. :rolleyes:

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

Wow that is pretty wierd.. I had no idea they were that insane just south of me.. Which suprises me + I actually thought Germans were some of the architects behind this recent - no smoking - campaign in Europe.. guess not! ^_^

But storming a company, under such limited pretens, like that should be illegal - or at least they should get some compensation for the embarrasment that this incident caused! like a public apology..

Fortune favors the bald.

Heh!

The Germans and Austrians and such are having a hard time changing their culture after all these years.  :bat:  :aiee:

Eh? We don't have such laws. You can buy and play Uncut Versions everywhere here, as long as your age fits the USK.

But yeah, change is always a great deal for countries that still have Nazi brainwashed old dinosaurs sitting in the parliament...

Edited by Morgoth

Geeze. That's pretty insane. Dr. Gregory House looks at those german people with mucho contempt.

house-md.jpg

Seriously though, Germans are pretty ****ed up. I've been to Germany a couple of times and I try to avoid their peoples like the plague.

Edited by TrueNeutral

I lol'd :lol:

Seriously though, this is just sad, especially last part. OMGZ, teh evil smackdown!

Germans are just too sensitive, especially when it comes to stuff like nazis. This is one of the most ridiculous things germans have done with their nazi hystery: Hitler Claus!

:mellow:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Read it through fully, guys. A very interesting read.

Does any of you live in Bavaria/Lower Saxony? Is it really this bad there?

Been there twice actually, stayed near Obersdorf. While i wouldn't call them the euro version of red-necks, but they have a habit to over-romanticizing to the past a bit too much now and then (I'm talking about the time when the Keiser was still alive, Castle Neuschwanstein and all that).

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Just how near to WW3 are we?

It depends when Iran launches its missiles at Israel and NK launching theirs at Japan or Alaska.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"