This is why I hate WoW

Mortis Nai

I'll liquidate you.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

As for Copy And Pasting my Research directly, that I am afraid is something that requires the exchange of money before we can make that into a possibility.

We all have to pay the bills somehow, or did you think I made a study of the MMOG Genera for fun?

I was under the impression that it was for school.

How much would you like for it?

Meta, Genera is also an OS for LISP machines. I was very confused when I read it :D

And the one thing I thought Blizzard contributed quite nicely was the streamlining of the process. In WoW, it's possible to play for an hour, and actually accomplish something, at least until the end game. The need to wait with jars to poo into for an important mob was no longer necessary.

...do you know something we don't?

I think it's just a joke, alluding to the human wave that the Soviets employed in WW2.

Edited by alanschu

I'm confuzzled... Mortis is advocating that games should not be judged based on their player base but on what they do. Ok agreed, but from the looks of it the game still holds up to the standards. I mean you don't exactly retain a very large player base over 2 years without having either A) a good game or B) subliminal mind control that's making people addicted without their even knowing it and causing them to think it's a very fun game.

It should be noted that WoW's flaws are generally either A) player related or B) very hard to fix. The end lvl grind and the loss of content at 60 is a problem with EVERY game in the genre. Heck RPG's only get around it because they have a definitive end point. I mean you look at some of the Final Fantasies. They all have a VERY steep level jump at the end (between what the player had been fighting before and what is in the last dungon.) So the player is forced to either grind for loot, or grind for those extra levels. Usually he does the same and ends up finding some screwed up combo that makes him insanly powerful. (like W-Summon=Knights of the Round=W-Summon, Mimic, Mimic fires off about 12 Knights of the round summons in ONE turn.)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well, Knights of the Round was only needed for the super weapons, Emerald and Ruby.

I think you have that backwards. I know Emerald and Ruby were added for America and I believe KotR was around in the original Japanese release. Emerald and Ruby were a justification for a spell that could one hit the final boss.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

What do you mean?  How can I have anything backwards when all I did was state that Knights of the Round was only needed for Emerald and Ruby Weapon?

My comment was meant to imply that Emerald and Ruby were needed for Knights of the Round.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

That's what I figured. They may have been added as tough bad guys later, but the only thing you need Knights of the Round if you want to defeat those weapons, otherwise the game is quite beatable (with good reason, given the hoops you have to jump through to get Knights of the Round).