Have an Idea of a videogame? Post it here!

pcgammer500

Post an idea of a videogame you'd like to see. Could be on any system or pc. It dosent matter what type of game. You can have people reply with idea to continue with the game or have them post comments on your game you made up. :x:rolleyes:

-------------------------------

At Microsoft there are lots of brilliant ideas but the image is that they all come from the top - I'm afraid that's not quite right.

- Bill Gates

Edited by pcgammer500

HA! (w00t)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

A Total War/Homeworld kinda game mixed with Civilization and Galactic Civilizations..

where you take a custom civilization and conquer your homeplanet - and then turn your attention to the stars - in RTS ..

now that would be epic! :-

Fortune favors the bald.

I would like to see an Expansion for Knights of the Old Republic 2 that focuses purely on the last 15 mins of the game.

:-"

something like this: http://www.team-gizka.org/?

Kinda, what Team Gizka is doing is short of miraculous but I'm talking about wholly new content just to deal with the end of the game.

But I'm more talking of a Mini Expansion that deals with beefing up and adding more depth and detail to Malakor V, and attempt to add some closure to Kreas end dialogues.

Make it direct to download for $5.99

But that will never happen, that ship has long sailed methinks...

Idea 1:

A PC Star Wars game which uses the same engine, toolset, and DM client as NWN2. This game should have all the classes available in the PnP Star Wars RPG. Obsidian has created NWN and KOTOR2 so I wouldn't think it would be a problem to work with Lucas Arts on another project. :aiee:

Idea 2:

A MMORPG similar to Guild Wars. With the exception that it would be done as a Star Wars game. One problem with Star Wars Galaxies was that many people wanted to be a Jedi. But, that game really wasn't the best environment for player Jedi. So, my idea is that this game would be like Guild Wars except that players would be Jedi. They would be able to specialize their Jedi into specific fields. Melee, healing, etc. Similar to the Jedi in the novels. Jedi would have the ability to "fall to the darkside" and battle other Jedi in PvP. The main meeting area for all Jedi (Unless they have fallen to the darkside) would be the Jedi academy where they receive their missions and travel the galaxy.

Of course maybe there could be a ranking system which would allow certain Jedi to be on the council and the two highest ranked fallen jedi would be Sith lord and apprentice. All ranked players would gain bonuses while they are ranked.

One other benefit with creating the game similar to Guild Wars would be that there would be no monthly fee.

You know, I've always had ideas milling about in my mind, regarding D&D FR RPGs, since that's the kind of game I favor. Here's one of my ideas, and it's a long one.

One of my ideas was to take some relatively unimportant region of the FR (ie any region beyond the Sword Coast), one that is usually in a bad way politically / economically. Mulhorand, Unther, The Vilhon Reach, maybe even Thay. Then you set up a 1930s Germany situation, in which an evil and oppressive nationalist regime comes to power, but revitalizes the country and makes it considerable in a way in which it hasn't been before (at least in recent memory).

The game would start off during this gov'ts rise to power, during which time the PC is completely removed from the situation, but hears of it, maybe they make it seem inconsequential at first, and over time becomes involved in it somehow. Maybe you use the old RPG standby, and the agents of the fascistic regime (they're everywhere, you know) destroy the PC's home village. Maybe we rip off BG and put someone close to the PC in the malevolent sights of said regime, and they get eliminated. Somehow, the PC becomes aware of this threat. The Harpers or some other agency recruits the PCs to work against the regime. Nobody (the Lords Alliance or whoever) really takes it seriously, but the PCs see it for what it is.

The PCs enter the country, get to the heart of it all, see all this power that the regime has accumulated but at the same time sees that the once rundown nation has been elevated to some perverse kind of glory, at terrible human cost, and while some people recognize that the regime's evil, many more can only see the real promise of security and national identity from them. While the PC is in the country, it starts to act on expansionist ambitions, and other complacent nations are spurred to action. It then becomes incumbent upon the PCs to stop the regime while it is focused elsewhere.

The PCs are then supposed to kill the leader of this Third Reich-esque gov't. But the thing is that while this guy is power-mad, he's also a "patriot" (obviously, the evil of the regime is supposed to outweigh this consideration) and he's just a savvy politician, not a formidable fighter or wizard. He didn't have any demonic or supernatural backing, just the backing of a battered & desperate populace. Getting to him is the hard part, but killing him is cake.

It would end in a kind of pyrrhic victory. The dictator dies, but the invading armies from neighboring countries come in and bring the country to a level of ruin beyond even what it had subject to before. Perhaps even with the threat of genocide and tyranny averted from the country, the PCs are powerless to prevent the massive bloodshed in the wake of their victory. Maybe if they're evil, they partake in or lead it.

I always thought something like that would be good for the relatively black & white D&D universe. Maybe that's just a ****ty idea and I don't know it. I'll probably get some people together and play through part of it in pen & paper sometime, though. That's the advantage of things like this.

I've also considered, given some of the FR's parrallels to the medieval real world, and given the presence of a "Bedouin" culture in the Anauroch, one that mirrors arab tribal culture pre-Islam, that some kind of Mohammad figure could arise and create a Bedouin empire, and the Byzantine-Islamic struggles of history could be reimagined, but religious history seems to be unemulated in D&D, and that would never be put in a game, ever, as it is.

*edit - Added bold emphasis to the word long. Because this post is ****in' long, even by my standards.

Edited by Pop

Of course maybe there could be a ranking system which would allow certain Jedi to be on the council and the two highest ranked fallen jedi would be Sith lord and apprentice. 

Ouch. I don't think anyone wants "L0rdVadder!!!111", a well known spammer and rules lawyer to rule over himself.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I'd like to see a Call of Cthulhu CRPG, done in a top down isometric view with party members, sort of like NWN2 or Baldur's Gate.

Also another game like The Last Express that's in real time in a closed environment, only modernized so it looks more impressive and has 10 times the scale.

Edited by Aram

I don't know about that. Generally, if you want to illicit terror (and I'm assuming that's what we're looking for with CoC) field of vision needs to be restricted. You shouldn't be able to see what's creeping up behind you, you should feel like you're trapped. If an isometric perspective does anything, it's give the player visual room to breathe. I don't think System Shock would be nearly as effective if the PC could see 360 degrees around him. So I'd endorse either a tight over-the-shoulder view ala Resident Evil 4 (a kinda-Lovecraftian game as it is) or a first person view, and that's been done before.

yes another MMORPG where fat kids with no lives can rule the entire galexy, that is so what i wanted my master name to be Darth PinkPanther, or jedi master Yodax2

The force helps me poop better, and use lightsabers to cut my food that then turns into poop.

how about a game that starts out like say .. The Longest Journey (the first one) - where you take care of your job, talk to your friends and generally do a bunch of normal stuff for about an hour an a half.. then the world "ends".. and you survive somehow - searching through the now destroyed city for other survivors or what-ever..

wait that actually sounds a bit like Half-Life .. only on the surface.. (and here I thought I was being original)

Fortune favors the bald.

how about a game that starts out like say .. The Longest Journey (the first one) - where you take care of your job, talk to your friends and generally do a bunch of normal stuff for about an hour an a half.. then the world "ends".. and you survive somehow - searching through the now destroyed city for other survivors or what-ever..

wait that actually sounds a bit like Half-Life .. only on the surface.. (and here I thought I was being original)

HL took about 20 minutes to get to the action. After about 40 minutes, most people are going tell you to get the **** on with it. It implies that you don't know what kind of game you want to make, since in most cases the game would be radically different from the pre-apocalypse to the post-apocalypse. If you're an office drone or a tax auditor or something, you'd just move around the gameworld, soak up the foreshadowing or maybe play mini-games till the world ends and you can pick up a gun and all of a sudden you somehow know how to use it and you're off like Gordon Freeman. Even if you can make a compelling tax-auditing section of the game, it would be irrelevant to the rest of the game, and an irrelevant hour and a half is a bit much, eh?

It might work if the character is a beat cop or a detective or a soldier, chasing around criminals and getting into firefights and whatnot, and then BANG the setting changes. But then the first part of the game might seem like a distraction to the meat of the game.

A stealth-type game, though, that could be cool. It'd be more compelling if you were a weak character or the setting was hyper-realistic, like a Tom Clancy game or maybe Thief. You wouldn't go running around and shooting things, you're just some regular guy under extraordinary circumstances. You'd have to rely on prudence and stealth to make it out alive. No running and gunning.

That's how I'd see that going, anyway.

Have you played The Longest Journey, Pop? There was a long puzzleless section just after the intro that basically had you engaging optional dialogue with your pals, getting to know them and familiarising yourself with the universe. I think any game could benefit from that kind of thing. Deus Ex had similar thing done in Unatco HQ.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds