i thought this was interesting...

XoXAlexOxO

Come on 'Babe' :blink: , at least give us a teaser...

If cloning human is playing God, then this idea must be being God.

Be sure to hear the story. It takes about 9 minutes and it's pretty well made .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Build Your Own Universe

All Things Considered, November 27, 2006

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

Now *thats* what I call modding... :rolleyes:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Come on 'Babe'  :rolleyes: , at least give us a teaser...

i wonder if it's possible to have a moderator on ignore...

And lose the 'wisdom' of the moderator staff?!? ( God, that makes even me want to open a vein :D ).

Quiet Gorth, you're only encouraging me. :blink: I can get into enough trouble without your help.

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

Quiet Gorth, you're only encouraging me.  :blink:  I can get into enough trouble without your help.

I hadn't seen his post when I wrote that comment. The double meaning of modding as world building and moderator work being completely unintentional, I swear :rolleyes:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Un-ignore tarna

Ther's something that doesn't happen often. :D

Back on topic dammit!! Where's my modstick? :blink:

What might be the ramifications of some drunken lab-rat with these possibilities?

More importantly, how would you make the universe if you got the chance to 'be God for a day'? ( Union rules, He's gotta get a day off once in a while ) :rolleyes:

Ruminations...

Quiet Gorth, you're only encouraging me.  :blink:  I can get into enough trouble without your help.

I hadn't seen his post when I wrote that comment. The double meaning of modding as world building and moderator work being completely unintentional, I swear :rolleyes:

if you meant it as world building, you wouldn't be able to do anything to it after you made it anyway. so it'd be like making your mod and never being able to play it

I hadn't seen his post when I wrote that comment. The double meaning of modding  as world building and moderator work being completely unintentional, I swear  :rolleyes:

Gods and Moderators are so closely akin that I can see where the mistake might have been make ( pardon me while I go wash my mouth out now :blink: ).

Ruminations...

if  you meant it as world building, you wouldn't be able to do anything to it after you made it anyway. so it'd be like making your mod and never being able to play it

Interesting concept. No "Holy Ghost" to facilitate communication between my creation and me?

It might lose a bit of it's incentive then, if I can't even receive prayers and adulation from my subjects, nor punish then at a whim when I feel peevish (I've played too much Populous (Sp?)).

Let's just for a moment assume then, that I take the same kind of pleasure in my creation that a painter might get from a new painting then, i.e. joy derived from the creation process itself, maybe making a few dollars too if I could sell it to a collector.

Hmmm, what would go in there? Crates, Sewers and Ritual Virgin Sacrifice for sure :rolleyes:

Kidding aside though, it's a tough question, especially if you have limited or no interaction with events inside your creation. I need to think a bit more about this :blink:

Edited by Gorth

I hadn't seen his post when I wrote that comment. The double meaning of modding  as world building and moderator work being completely unintentional, I swear  :blink:

Gods and Moderators are so closely akin that I can see where the mistake might have been make ( pardon me while I go wash my mouth out now :x ).

Make that Lye Soap :rolleyes:

Very nice. On that note, I think I'll take a nap on some of my native soil. :rolleyes:

G'night all.

Ruminations...

if  you meant it as world building, you wouldn't be able to do anything to it after you made it anyway. so it'd be like making your mod and never being able to play it

Interesting concept. No "Holy Ghost" to facilitate communication between my creation and me?

It might lose a bit of it's incentive then, if I can't even receive prayers and adulation from my subjects, nor punish then at a whim when I feel peevish (I've played too much Populous (Sp?)).

Let's just for a moment assume then, that I take the same kind of pleasure in my creation that a painter might get from a new painting then, i.e. joy derived from the creation process itself, maybe making a few dollars too if I could sell it to a collector.

Hmmm, what would go in there? Crates, Sewers and Ritual Virgin Sacrifice for sure :rolleyes:

Kidding aside though, it's a tough question, especially if you have limited or no interaction with events inside your creation. I need to think a bit more about this :blink:

paintings are different though, they don't do anything after you're done. it'd bug me to make a universe and not do anything with it :x

On topic...

Humans create universes everyday, if we take into account the concept of Microcosm.

Our blood cells or the bacteria that exist in our bodies, for example.

Cells themselves are built like the universe, or at least like a galaxy, with a nucleus around which revolves other entities, much like planets revolve around a star.

:brows:

So, Tarna chases out a new poster and he gets praise for it? Not to be an ass, but that should be grounds for terminating one's moderator status.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

G'night all.

G'night? Sheesh... Other deities work six days a week... tirelessly :brows:

Well, when you wake up, I've got a few burning questions for you in your exalted capacitiy then, what's the deal with creationists and evolutionists? How big and how old is the universe and what was Jack the Rippers true identity? :brows:

For those of you who missed it, mkreku has been made official greeter for the boards.

A promising career start. He has all the diplomatic skill of Vyacheslav Molotov ^_^

Edited by Gorth

So, Tarna chases out a new poster and he gets praise for it?  Not to be an ass, but that should be grounds for terminating one's moderator status.

The way I see it, all tarna did was inform the lady that her link would be more inviting with a bit of information about what it actually was.

Putting him on ignore for that was petty and childish. Her reaction was uncalled for, and you are being an ass for considering that reason enough to fire a mod.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Once again, and I know I've said this before, while I really like this community (And the strange, hysterical, and flat out disturbing **** that comes from it) it bothers the **** out of me that some of you can be bigger jackasses than I am. That's an accomplishment, believe me.

On topic: In my universe, everyone would get a free kitten.....only the kittens would be set to explode five years later. Why, it'd be...Nuclear ****!

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast