Need info on Revan's combat style

Zann

Mmm, I still don't think that Revan would use Makashi against four jedi; plus the way he got on guard (excuse my poor English here :) ) was very different from the makashi opening stance. He was in a situation in wich would be favorable to end the fight as quickly as possible, or be overwelmed by their number. Juyo was his best chance there, imo.

Pretty much like when Palpatine faced Windu and the others. I doubt he would have defeated four masters if he used Makashi.

Look at Count Dooku,

He took on two of the best Jedi fighters during the Clone Wars at his rip old age.

My verison of Revan is a Niman/Juyo/Jar'kai Fighter.

Also he has a healthy knowledge of single, double and twin lightsaber styles.

But I do think that Revan's primary Lightsaber style should reflect his military prowess.

Adaptable, aggressive and deadly is what I do think it should be.

Isn't that Warcraft 3 model?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Revan probably mastered "Jar Kai" combat style. His Concept Arts and vision in K2 show this.

Also, he would have mastered "Juyo" form and modified it a bit to his own liking as seen in the cut scene in KOTOR game.

He also got hold of Tulak's secrets and studied them. But I don't know that what Saber form Tulak used.

In KOTOR game: if you use Two Light Sabers and couple it with "Flurry" feat. Your fighting style probably resembles "Jar Kai" style.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

"occasional use of a single blade could not totally discard the possibility of Revan being a Jar'Kai practitioner" and "master of Jar'Kai"

That makes sense, just because you have two lightsabres doesn't mean you have to use them-Revan might have saved the two sabre style for hard fights. It is confusing though, since the only times you ever see Revan holding a sabre is in KOTOR and a flash back in a comic dealing with the Sith, in both cases He/she is only using a single sabre. (The Flash back of Revan in KOTOR 2 doen't count as it wasn't really Revan)

If I had to guess as to the form Revan would use with a single sabre I'd take a guess that it would either be Juno-Sith Lords Sidious and Maul used this-or Form V: Shien / Djem So, which was Vaders style.

Edited by Darth Mortis

• 2 months later...

I would like to point two things out:

1. Niman is usually considered necessary to learn Jar-Kai, so it would likely seem similar, as well as giving Revan a well rounded style to use in addition.

and

2. Jar-Kai is not purely a form of it

"occasional use of a single blade could not totally discard the possibility of Revan being a Jar'Kai practitioner" and "master of Jar'Kai"

That makes sense, just because you have two lightsabres doesn't mean you have to use them-Revan might have saved the two sabre style for hard fights. It is confusing though, since the only times you ever see Revan holding a sabre is in KOTOR and a flash back in a comic dealing with the Sith, in both cases He/she is only using a single sabre. (The Flash back of Revan in KOTOR 2 doen't count as it wasn't really Revan)

If I had to guess as to the form Revan would use with a single sabre I'd take a guess that it would either be Juno-Sith Lords Sidious and Maul used this-or Form V: Shien / Djem So, which was Vaders style.

Well it is Revan up to a point. It is from what the Exile knew about Revan from the Mandalorian Wars.

I had the idea of doing a model of Revan for a while. Now that my skills are at a resonably good level, I still have a problem before me: I have absolutely no idea on his lightsabre style. And that means, the animating part is just a big huge question mark.

Now, reading wookiepedia was of little to none help; my main reference at this point is his stance in the cinematics.

Anyone know more of this, or has any idea for his combat moves? :'(

Can't you just use his model from TSL from the cave fight in the Korriban tomb. you can evan cheack the feedback to git clues of what his style is

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

Ya, it's for wc3. Relased for the public.

http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=89616

As well as my old Twi'lek.

http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=87527

Don't tell me you're the quite-so-famous 'Nasrudin' from Wc3campaigns :) You've made quite some good models apart from this one hehehe :p oh well slightly off topic but still :)

Edited by Rycal

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

this all causes me to ask: WHY THE HECK WOULD OBSIDIAN CHANGE REVAN INTO A DUAL WIELDER???? THERE"S NO POINT IN IT!

The Exile's voice was stern

"Darth Nihilus, remove your mask"

The Sith Lord slowly raised his hands to his face. In utter shock, the Exile looked upon the face of.....

Jolee Bindo!!

mand3.jpg

My my, I think I'm going to kill myself because of this horrendous crime against humanity

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

this all causes me to ask: WHY THE HECK WOULD OBSIDIAN CHANGE REVAN INTO A DUAL WIELDER???? THERE"S NO POINT IN IT!

Maybe they did some checking and discovered that most players went with Dual Sabres when Playing Revan in KOTOR? From reading some of the posts on here it seems most people go for dual sabre styles playing TSL, wonder if there where similar threads when KOTOR came out.