Need info on Revan's combat style

Zann

I had the idea of doing a model of Revan for a while. Now that my skills are at a resonably good level, I still have a problem before me: I have absolutely no idea on his lightsabre style. And that means, the animating part is just a big huge question mark.

Now, reading wookiepedia was of little to none help; my main reference at this point is his stance in the cinematics.

Anyone know more of this, or has any idea for his combat moves? :'(

Hmm, maybe Makashi, but I'm wondering if it wasnt something like a mix of Makashi and Juyo. I see what you mean by Makashi, but his moves werent quite as tight and fencing like as Makashi is.

Dont know for sure, but if I had to guess that would be it. Makashi and Juyo mixed.

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg

I do believe Revan's fighting style is an eclectic one. Similar to Niman, in the sense, he did a little bit of everything.

Revan was a master stragtist(msp). So I would be his fighting style would be one of the more adaptable fighting style.

Mandolarin Wars and Jedi Civil Wars, He evolved his style to match his needs during war time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enbukan  I do think that Revan had the Jedi equalant of Their Sword Arts.

Kendo? :brows:

I dunno, Revan's stance in the cinematic reminds me a lot of Palpatine during the duel against the four masters (Juyo?). He used two hands, and Makashi users fight with only one hand I think... plus Makashi isn't the best choice against multiple opponents, and there were at least three other jedi on the bridge with Bastila.

He used the swish, swosh, swing, zap, zing form, who cares really. But if I had to say i would say more along the lines of braveheart style.

The force helps me poop better, and use lightsabers to cut my food that then turns into poop.

i think he use Niman(one saber) and Jar'Kai(duel sabers)

Exactly...

If you go to the cave on Korriban in K2, you'll see DS Revan using Jar'Kai stance. I believe it's Jar'Kai...Refer to Wookiepedia for more info.

Edited by CSI: Nihilus

csicoruscantek4.jpgcsinarshaddaale5.jpg

| RP Fic: Knightfall | RP: Knightfall: The duel between Light and Dark |

Savoir, conqueror, hero, villian...You're all those things...--Emperor Skywalker to CSI, redeemed Darth Nihilus.

There is a controversity whether Revan is using double or single lightsabers.

BTW, where did you find that movie?

Savoir, conqueror, hero, villian...You're all those things...--Emperor Skywalker to CSI, redeemed Darth Nihilus.

Yeah, I have it, why?

Eh, why don't we try PM instead? I already got a warning of spamming on LF and I don't want to spam this thread

Edited by CSI: Nihilus