My first turkey

Sand

Okay, since it is thanksgiving for us U.S. folks I am wondering how many of us are making their own turkey. The turkey I got is a 12 pounder (lots of leftovers down the road) and has been in the oven for about 3 hours now. It has that golden brown color, mostly, and a bunch of potatoes and carrots cooking inside its pan. :)

This is my first turkey I have ever made and so far I haven't caused a fire yet. Key word is yet for I still need to make the stuffing which the mix says would take only 10 to 15 minutes to do. :bat:

Anyhoot, I am just glad I live about a block away from the hospital in case anything goes wrong. :aiee:

Happy Thanksgiving folks! ;)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Thanks, KQ. :(

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Well no fires, no poisonings, and the turkey looks done. It has that nice golden brown outer texture and no pink fluid leaking out. When I got the turkey baster I should have gotten a temperature gauge. :p

I made a turkey a couple times. The first one turned out great, the 2nd ok, and after that, I deemed it too much hassle for just 2 people. But it was kinda fun. And certainly tasty, especially the sandwiches the next day. :mellow:

This year I bought a pre-cooked deli chicken. hahahah

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Turkey is easy to cook, its just a matter of not cooking it too long so itll go dry. Its all in the sauce and stuff.

Now a Swedish Christmas ham takes an expert. Not only do you have to know your hams well enough to buy the right ham, but you will need to cook it carefully with love to get the optimal flavour and texture. A good christmas ham needs to be baked overnight so it takes precision cooking. :mellow:"

( Im serious )

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Heh, yeah, the turkey itself isn't the big hassle - well, except for thawing it out if you buy a frozen, and in much of the US, it's hard to not buy a frozen - but the whole dinner thing...I like one dish-meals/stir fries vs. lots of side dishes. When I'm the cook anyway.

Never tried to cook a ham from scratch. I think most people here buy it precooked and just heat it up with a bit of sauce coated over it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You americans. Bah, thanksgiving is old news. We did that last month.

We skipped the turkey and had roast duck with amaretto sauce... oh baby.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

You americans. Bah, thanksgiving is old news. We did that last month.

We skipped the turkey and had roast duck with amaretto sauce... oh baby.

That sounds... amazing.

I am quite partial to turkey, especially for Thanksgiving, but Roast Duck L'Orange was one of the best meals I've ever had.

The wife and visited my parents for the big meal. Lots of great food, especially Mom's homemade apple pie ... with loads of vanilla ice cream, of course.

Happy Turducken Day!

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Happy Thanksgiving to all those celebrating.

I'm actually very thankful for this community. I've had a great time here over the last couple years discussing gaming and various odd topics. All the forum members make this easily the most entertaining board I've ever been a regular on. Thanks everybody!

Like Oerwinde said, we Canadians have 'been there, done that' already. My family has pretty much the same meal for all of the holidays, and nobody seems to mind. But I fear for the day when she asks for her tupperware back.

So a happy thanksgiving to our neighbours south of the border!!

Looks like there's no holidays left until Festivus. :ph34r:

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Okay, since it is thanksgiving for us U.S. folks I am wondering how many of us are making their own turkey.  The turkey I got is a 12 pounder (lots of leftovers down the road) and has been in the oven for about 3 hours now.  It has that golden brown color, mostly, and a bunch of potatoes and carrots cooking inside its pan.  :p

This is my first turkey I have ever made and so far I haven't caused a fire yet.  Key word is yet for I still need to make the stuffing which the mix says would take only 10 to 15 minutes to do.  :aiee:

Anyhoot, I am just glad I live about a block away from the hospital in case anything goes wrong.  :aiee:

Happy Thanksgiving folks!    :(

The stuffing's supposed to go inside the turkey. That's why it's called stuffing.

Extra stuffing goes in a pan and is called dressing.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

For Christmas I am going to do a ham thing.

For lunch tomorrow I'm gonna have a seven layer turkey sammich.

Assemble bread of your choice, butter, gravy, green beans, dressing, smashed potatoes and turkey into a haphazard and overstuffed sammich. Eat with a fork or lots of napkins.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

They didn't have an all day James Bond marathon. Maybe they'll have it on for the rest of the week.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Ew. However there was this one police involving a army tank and that was entertaining to watch.

Now a Swedish Christmas ham takes an expert. Not only do you have to know your hams well enough to buy the right ham, but you will need to cook it carefully with love to get the optimal flavour and texture. A good christmas ham needs to be baked overnight so it takes precision cooking. :thumbsup:"

( Im serious )

You dirty swedes stole that from us awesome finns.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Turkey sucks, straight up dawgs.

Its a staple of Christmas lunches in England. I once cooked christmas dinner for my family just to prove to myself I hate turkey and I was right.

Oerwinde's roast duck sounds tasteeee! I will try something like that this year.

I am keen to try a Gooducken. :bat:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The importantthing with gammon/ham is

1) Bring it to the boil in water once, and get rid of all the scum and salt.

THEN

2) Boil it for a few hours in orange juice. You will ne'er do finer.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.