Suggestions anyone?

I am someone who has had an xbox for less than a year. I only got it to play the 2 kotor games. I play them consecutively, beat them, and start again, hoping to do it differently enough to discover something new. Quite frankly, I've played all of the "new" out of these games. I not a video game guy because trying to figure out that I have to hit A+B+left+right+white button+left to throw a punch just isn't fun to me. That's why I loved the kotor games. I liked, especially playing for the first time, developing a story. I liked being able to do amazing things without having to be a joystick wiz to complete them. And I really liked being able to leave reality for a little while and step into a world that you dream about as a child. So what now? I don't really believe that a 3rd installment of the game is going to happen and that's a real shame. I'm not just feeling sorry for myself, but after browsing all the suggestions and wish lists and game discussions posted in this forum, I see many other people who are being let down as well. But hey, that's George Lucas-----always delivering what his diehards need(sarcasm). The point of this is, we have similar interests in this area. What games would you suggest that are along the lines of the 2 kotor games?

Can hardly think of one. How about a game where heroes of both KotOR games are brought together? It would help to have third game, so that a story about heroes during era of KotOR could be made into another subsequent game and show side of their characters that original games left out.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Its hard to find a game along the same line with the KotoR games, there is some other RPG games out there for X-box that arent related to Star Wars such as the Dark Alliance games...but not comparable to KotoR sorry to say.

Use your aggressive feelings...let the hate flow through you.

I think some people thought JadeEmpire was a little along those lines in terms of gameplay...but not environment.

I really haven't seen many games that have Kotor's particular blend of rpg and action, tho. They're usually more along the lines of Diablo in simpler button-mashing action or BaldursGate/Might&Magic in stats/story complexity.

If you liked the story/choices aspect of Kotor, you might want to just try picking up some of the more well-known older RPG's out there to see if they would also be something you'd like...although like mentioned, they're not going to be on xbox.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Guest The Architect

Well, I'm no expert on games my self, I wouldn't know them from a bar of soap. The GTA games, Deus Ex, the KotOR games and the FIFA games are the only ones I've really liked, but then again, the list of games I've played over the years is pretty short.

I'm sure there are better CRPG's than the KotOR games out there, there has to be, but as far as there being any other CRPG Star Wars games goes, I don't think there are any. But, it's not like as if KotOR III isn't going to be made.

It might not be made, but LA hasn't said whether they are/aren't making it or not, so until any announcement is made, there's no point in speculating. I think KotOR III will be made and I think it will come out in late 2008/early 2009, but I don't think that it's going to deal with the Revan/Exile/True Sith story because it's in such a mess.

They probably want that whole kafuffle with KotOR II to die down and then move on to a new timeline with a new story which I don't want to happen, but think that's what will happen. I could certainly be wrong about the game even being made and what timeline the game will take place in though.

Edited by The Architect

then we must rebel! i agree about everything you said JW. I love KOTOR

The problem is rebelling doesn't bother George Lucas. Even though he was critisized extensively, he still spent all of his time on what his cartoon creatures and muppets were going to look like and no time on the actual dialog of the movies. He did it because that's what he wanted to do and he won't be swayed. It's the same mindset that makes a ridiculous Lego Star Wars game and not the game that everyone who is a Star Wars nut wants. I had no idea that so many people were this passionate about the game. I just thought that I really liked them. But these posts are endless. It's a shame that it's being ignored.

only other game that can come close to what your looking for (on xbox) is Jade Empires.

its a little more twitch based then KotOR but still fun with a great story and immersiveness for you.

Rest is pretty much a wash im afraid.

Like yourself im no joystick warrior that thinks remembering buttin combos = skill so understand exactly what your talking about.

Unfortunately in todays twitch gaming world, well made games that rely on story over twitch fps combat are rare and hard to come by.

Mass effects (for xbox 360) also seems to have promise in what your asking for, but even that game has a few areas that worry me after reading up on it and following the forums.

Honestly what I have found is Bioware and Obsidian (only because of KotOR2) are about the ONLY developers interested in story driven rather then twitch action games. So watch those two and hope alot :ermm:

LOL, its what I do!

I'm going to have to agree with Kalfear. For Xbox, it's all about KOTOR, KOTOR 2, and Jade Empire for good RPGs. If you like adventure games, then you can get Indigo Prophecy on Xbox. Indigo Prophecy is a very fun, immersive game, although most posters on this board seem to agree that the ending sucked or just wasn't as good as the rest of the game. Still, it was an attempt to bring back the adventure game after a period of relative inactivity and it was a solid attempt. The company that produced Indigo Prophecy is working on a next-gen title called "Heavy Rain", which I will probably get (360, not Xbox, I believe).

If you are looking to get a 360, then the Mass Effect trilogy is probably your best bet for RPGs. Also, Jade Empire 2 is rumored to be in development.

There's a vampire RPG that runs just like Kotor, jadeempire, neverwinter nights for the pc...

PC > ps2> nintendo > Xbox thats about how it is for RPGS

as far as next gen goes - lucasarts are making 2 next gen games one for Nintendo Wii that will use the control as your lightsaber, as one for the ps3 not sure if its a RPG though. Alot of RPGS are coming out for those 2, the new zelda is going to be amazing, and as far as you not being a gamer because you can't hit the buttons with out looking at them ? umm that comes in time, most of us have most likely been playing console games since the first Nintendo came out, some before that on Atari.

Edited by Nero

The force helps me poop better, and use lightsabers to cut my food that then turns into poop.

Here's something to focus your research.

Off the top of my head, for XBox, I'd recommend Morrowind(I know, I know) and Fable. They're not like KotOR at all but the button mashing is relatively limited.

Or, get yourself a PC or, if you're low on funds, a PS2 and try to enjoy some good JRPGs.

KotORs are unique so to get that same experience we'll just have to wait for #3 or maybe Mass Effect. Or, if we're lucky, Obsidian will port NWN2 to X360?

Thanks for all of the feedback. I picked up Jade Empire yesterday and I am completely hooked------great game so far!! I'm making note of all of the other titles and I'll check them out as well. So far, the Knight's fans are batting 1.000. Thanks again! :)

There's a vampire RPG that runs just like Kotor, jadeempire, neverwinter nights for the pc...

as far as next gen goes - lucasarts are making 2 next gen games one for Nintendo Wii that will use the control as your lightsaber, as one for the ps3 not sure if its a RPG though. Alot of RPGS are coming out for those 2, the new zelda is going to be amazing, and as far as you not being a gamer because you can't hit the buttons with out looking at them ? umm that comes in time, most of us have most likely been playing console games since the first Nintendo came out, some before that on Atari.

LOL, I been playing games that long and longer actually and still cant do the button combos!

Fact is i have no desire to play twitch games, give me story and content any day of the week over button mashing.

LOL, I been playing games that long and longer actually and still cant do the button combos!

Fact is i have no desire to play twitch games, give me story and content any day of the week over button mashing.

Except for REZ :wub:

because of the nature of the fans you can usually find a good list of games that are along similar lines (in story terms) in the C&C forum

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.