Volourn's Wowwy Journey With NWN2:Spoiler Edition

Volourn

After checking my influence with her in both saves I did discover the discrepancy. In the first game where she stayed with me I had an influence of 9 with Elanee. In the game where she left I only had an influence of 5. :lol:

Also: I can run the game at 1600x1200 with 5-10FPS depending on what I'm looking at. The water settings drop me down hard. With both enabled I was down to 1FPS. With only one on I was topping out at 5FPS.

I only get about 4 FPS outdoors. Indoors I can get about 2... This is at 1600x1200 with all the best texture settings, maximum lights and bloom.

We need a screenshot thread for NWN2, but the mods locked mine :(

Anyway, post your awesome screenshots here!!!

Check out these shots. Forests havent looked this good since Baldurs Gate 1!

Anyone who says that NWN2 doesnt have good graphics is a liar. The graphics are excellent, much better than KOTOR2.

With anti aliasing, and in the future maybe even HDR the graphics are bound to get even better.

post-326-1163938016_thumb.jpg

post-326-1163938034_thumb.jpg

Indoors are pretty good as well.

Hopefully I'll get me a new card when 1.03 comes out and I can have at least 2x AA.

post-150-1163938371_thumb.jpg

how do you check your influence value?

Open the console (~ key)

Type "DebugMode 1"

Type "rs kr_influence(12)"

You should then get a dialogue box that allows you to check/modify any of your NPC's influence values. :(

Good. Everyone will be my best friend now.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

After checking my influence with her in both saves I did discover the discrepancy. In the first game where she stayed with me I had an influence of 9 with Elanee. In the game where she left I only had an influence of 5. :)

Also: I can run the game at 1600x1200 with 5-10FPS depending on what I'm looking at. The water settings drop me down hard. With both enabled I was down to 1FPS. With only one on I was topping out at 5FPS.

I only get about 4 FPS outdoors. Indoors I can get about 2... This is at 1600x1200 with all the best texture settings, maximum lights and bloom.

My 10FPS was with2 lights and no bloom in an area with no real lights around. Anything with lights kills my FPS, 1600 or 1024. :lol:

Hopefully I can pick up an X800 or something to hold me over till I can afford a brand new computer. Only thing I can upgrade is the video card and anything good would be bottlenecked by the rest of my system. :(

1 best friend and the rest as mindless slaves. :mellow:

Played a few hours with my second game, my pale master build.

I've been playing my first game according to the LN alignment, now to cut loose with NE. I'll head back to my first game soon enough.

2010spaceships.jpg

Alright, second run with stronghold is going much smoother.

Got another bombshell on the murdered nobles, which leads me to believe this was possibly written by different people on different days.

1. It all starts with a cutscene showing Lord Dalren being murdered by Ammon Jerro. Okay, no problem.

2. I Ask Duncan about the murdered nobleman while visiting the Sunken Flagon, and he and Sand verify it was Lord Dalren. However, before the conversation is over they switch to talking about Lord Gentry instead, and Lord Dalren is no longer mentioned.

3. Later on, Capt. Brelaina says Lord Gentry was the first noble murdered, and now Lord Hawkes has been murdered. She never mentions Lord Dalren.

4. In Chapter 2 I find out from two different sources that Lords Dalren, Brennick (!?!), and Hawkes have been murdered, and only Lord Tavorick remains of the original lords of Neverwinter.

So there are some goofs in this plot thread. Lord Gentry is apparently the same person as Lord Brennick, who is never mentioned except at the end where the name is included in a list of dead lords. Perhaps Brennick should be renamed to Gentry.

This still doesn't explain how Duncan and Sand managed to switch Lords in the middle of a single conversation with only a few game minutes passing by. I'm thinking Lord Gentry's murder may at one time have been a cutscene but was cut, and this dialog was stitched together. Or something like that.

It's also odd that Capt. Brelaina completely omits Lord Dalren's death, which starts the chain of events and is again referred to at the end of the chain. No wonder I found it confusing the first time I played.

I seem to have run out of worthwhile items to buy. I also have a full bag of holding that contains nothing but items worth >20k GP. Unfortunately none of the merchants (who will actually give me the full 20k) have any money left to buy them from me. :p

So far so good on my second game. :)

I'm finding Neutral Evil to be far easier than I thought... I just gotta ask for cash for the things I do. :p

Warlocks are pretty darn cool, I'm not sure why a lot of people say they're boring.

Right now I'm blowing things away with fireblasts, which in turn light things on fire. The only thing better at this point would be a firedance. :p

I'm finding Neutral Evil to be far easier than I thought... I just gotta ask for cash for the things I do.  :p

Warlocks are pretty darn cool, I'm not sure why a lot of people say they're boring.

Right now I'm blowing things away with fireblasts, which in turn light things on fire. The only thing better at this point would be a firedance.  :p

I'm playing a Warlock too. They're "boring" in the same way fighters are boring, in that they more or less repeat the same actions over and over. Certainly nice once you get some of the blast shapes and some of the nicer variations on the blast.

Nevertheless, I'm having a few problems with mine. For one, the AI won't play the character as a spellcaster, a problem I don't have with Ammon Jerro. Second, eldritch forms don't stack at all, meaning, if you hit an enemy with a draining blast, which slows and curses them, and then you hit with a brimstone blast, the curse and slow effects are removed and replaced by the immolation effect.

I'm also at level 9 and encountering more and more enemies capable of resisting the blasts, which is frustrating, if to be expected.

I'm finding Neutral Evil to be far easier than I thought... I just gotta ask for cash for the things I do.  :lol:

Right now I'm blowing things away with fireblasts, which in turn light things on fire. The only thing better at this point would be a firedance.  :devil:

So much fun with fire, unless you are fighting dragons.

My second character is a NE Pale Master. Good times to be had, but finish game number one first.

2010spaceships.jpg

Confronted the fire giants. Also made a deal with the red dragon which she broke. How the hell are you suppose to defeat a dragon? I threw everything into my spell arsenal at it, I had all my spell casters throw everything they had, my melee fighters attack. Good thing I chose the option of just attacking her and not the fire giants, they helped knock down her hit points. When the fire giant king was killed I snuck over and took his belt, making the fire giants hostile on me and left. I went back after resting up and the dragon was dead and I finished off the fire giants. Took their loot and went back to the red dragons lair and took hers also.

2010spaceships.jpg

The red dragon was pretty easy. Took a couple of tries because the first two times I just rushed in after wasting 99% of my seplls beforehand. It also didn't help that I had way too many fire based offesnive spells memorized. Hahaha.

Anyways, fire immunity is your friend. Read my earlier post in this thread about my encounter with Big red. He was probably my 3rd most challenging battle in the game though he's the only battle I died twice at (and I only died 4 times total). Wish he was a little harder though. I want to feel the need to beg for mercy.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The dragon is about as difficult as Firkraag in vanilla BG2. That is to say, you'll always die horribly the first time you see it, but after a bit it's not too hard to kill.

Still, my current char will probably be a straight up Rogue + Shadow Amn, so that might screw me up a bit. Already having trouble fighting undead and I'm in Act I. :ermm:

Edited by Tigranes

No. It's wayyyyyyyyyyyy easier than Firkragg. Heck, it's easier than every NWN dragon except maybe a couple of them. And, don't get me started on the blacks. They wer ebeyond a joke. Big Red's best ability was its regen spell. That's what seemed to get me in the first fight (outside of my own laziness).

Does it matter if your PC is a rogue? Use the other party members!

Edited by Volourn

I knew better than use my fire base spells, red dragons being immune to it. I even had my characters switch weapons. They were using fire based weapons so I changed them over to using their weapons that did other damage.

Next time I will bump up my fire resistence. But still that bitch hits you hard in melee.

2010spaceships.jpg

Stoneskin. It's your friend. Getting your ac around 35ish means he will miss time to time. Teahc him a lesson, and use his own trick by casting regen. Summons could help (I only used Mord's. (Greater) Heroism, and other spells really help to boost your offensive capabilities. GH is I think probably the most underrated new NWN2 spell (well, it was in the IE games too). Very useful.

In reality an adult dragon would throw you across a small valley with a solid blow, and you would likely be dead shortly after becoming airborn, so hits in games tend to underplay things somewhat drastically. The best I've seen in this regard is BG2's wing buffet effect that threw the entire party, prone and sustaining damage, away from the dragon for a few seconds.

Wing buffet was good because it also killed your spells. Of course, the Red Dragon Lair in nwn2 is much smaller so that can hurt you.

The stupidest thing that i really REALLY hate is that area of effect, and even Chain Lightning, hurts containers. Half the dragon loot was broken. I mean, what the hell is that?! Fireball and whatever I can understand, but chain lightning is supposed to jump from hostile to hostile. If it can avoid jumping to friendlies why can't it avoid jumping to boxes? Dunno how it works in pnp, but poopies.

Volo, I found Firkraag ridiculously easy, so its just personal opinion. I don't think any of the dragons were really hard though, except for some of those super-modded BG2 dragons. They were insane.

Stoneskin. It's your friend. Getting your ac around 35ish means he will miss time to time. Teahc him a lesson, and use his own trick by casting regen. Summons could help (I only used Mord's. (Greater) Heroism, and other spells really help to boost your offensive capabilities. GH is I think probably the most underrated new NWN2 spell (well, it was in the IE games too). Very useful.

My AC is over 30. :ph34r: My ring of regeneration was not fast enough to heal hit points when I get bashed for 40+ each time. But the last battle I played it smart and stayed far back and let my "allies" and my party take him on as I threw spells from a distance.

Next game I will bring my heavy hitting spell casters. That fight I brought Grobnar and Elanee. :crazy: Me do better next time. :ermm:

2010spaceships.jpg

In reality an adult dragon would throw you across a small valley with a solid blow, and you would likely be dead shortly after becoming airborn, so hits in games tend to underplay things somewhat drastically. The best I've seen in this regard is BG2's wing buffet effect that threw the entire party, prone and sustaining damage, away from the dragon for a few seconds.

I like that wing buffet attack. First time I saw it, I laughed as my party was knocked clear across the room.

I like using that effect on custom weapons also. :ermm:"

2010spaceships.jpg