Volourn's Wowwy Journey With NWN2:Spoiler Edition

Volourn

How good is he as a monk?

I never saw a point based on his stats. :)

With his clan equipment (belts, boots and optional hammer) he holds **** down just as well as he would have had he stayed a fighter, but he has better saves and moves like lightning :p

Even without his clan equipment he is pretty good (didn't want him to use it since I didn't care about the warhammer and there were better options available for the other slots). He didn't seem to take much damage at least, that's for sure. He may not be dishing out as much as when he was a fighter, but he definitely kept going longer.

Edited by Spider

I've been finding decent monk gear on my way through act 1 so I've been buying it and giving it to Khelgor for later. Some of it comes from merchants who disappear during act 2.

I also found that you can get additional special hats, including a magical version of the swashbuckler hat, from one of the merchants in the Merchant Quarter. (Deekin or the craft guy.)

Been having Elanee use an Elven Court bow, and it looks good on her. I also think she looks better in light/med armor. Robes don't look that great on Elanee; they're too big at the bottom and make her look like she's going to a ball (in earth tones no less). Also found out that defending Elanee while talking to the dancer (I'm terrible with names) in the Moonstone Mask gets me additional influence. :blink: Missed that the first time.

I don't know if anyone else has tried this, but if you have Elanee in your group, go back to West Harbor (before it falls) and talk to Georg. His interaction with Elanee is funny. (It'll mean more to you if you asked Georg to tell you a story during the tutorial phase of the game, and let him finish the story. I always turn off pop-ups and play the tutorial because I think it's fun.)

I haven't played NWN2 yet but about Dwarves being Monks, I remember vividly in Hordes of the Underdark a particularly though Dwarf Monk attacking my little party with his posse.

He was untouchable, evading most of my hits, was immune to most magics, fast as hell and very strong. He was in an Ice cave or somefin. Towards the end.

There is one thing frustrating with sand. he can't do bracers of armor (which is why I never crafted those). it requires Mage Armor, and he can't cast it.

Can Grobnar cast Mage Armor? Otherwise, only Qara can do that one. (since supposedly you can't cast from scrolls, otherwise Grobnar could always go that route).

Does Qara come into the party with Mage Armor? If not then I have missed it too.

However it doesnt matter because the githzerai can cast it as well.

Uh... but the person casting it needs the right feat.

So unless you want to give the Craft Arms & Armour feat to about 4 different people..

Uh... but the person casting it needs the right feat.

So unless you want to give the Craft Arms & Armour feat to about 4 different people..

I think most of my spellcasting NPCS already have both major magical crafting feats.

Does it really matter whether the NPCs, many of whom you will never use, are not maxed out or optimized?

Personally I never even bother buying EQ for them. I just give them my main characters leftovers.

roshan, it just annoys me having to shuffle party members around for crafting, since i get 5fps indoors. :mellow:

I do use kr_roster_edit though.

SPECIAL UPDATE:

Decided to do the Ironfist Cetal quests. OMG! Ph@t Loot At the Dwarf Store! Fullplate +7 with elemental resistance! HAHAHAHAHAHA! *yum*

Dwarves are cool so Iw ent to help them find their relic. It's too bad most of 'em pretend the PC is just a surfacer. Yo, McFlys, I'm a dwarf too!!!

Went to the mounatian. Very cool mounatin indeed. Too bad the giants were an absolute joke in every way except the king was kinda kewl the way he tried to mock ya. The giants were easy (easier than everything buy trues - they did a total of 20 damage to Khelgar until the king who did decent damage). they died easy. On top of this, these are probably the worst monster models in the entire game this side of certain dire animals. Horrid.

Then there's the dragon. I laughed and his face, the spit it down. First off, it looks really,r eallya wesome. I cna't beleive he and the giants shared the same mountain. They are patehtic. However, his voice, is just plain awful. Was that common he was speaking or was it gibberish? I know they were trying for a 'deep bellowing voice'; but they failed big time. Still, the drgaon looked awesome but I think because of his great size; the engien cna't really handle him running around.

Now, to the fight. First time, I kicked his butt big time then right as he was about to fall he cast regenertaion and then for some reason I could no longe rhurt him. Took awhile, but he eventually took us down. Second time, he laughed in our faces. Third time, it went smoothly other than him having a great hate on for Grobnar who he munched on within seocnds of the battle start. The battle was okayish challenge since I rushed in having not rested once, and my spellcasters having wya too many fire based offensive spells like fireball mem'd. Ah well.. them the breaks. Still, a thumbs up overall. Look was good; but got much better when you return to the keep as I received around 150kgp.

Long live King Khelgar! Muahahah! Does anyone know (if) you cna open the locked doors at the Ironclan Stronghold to the supply closest. I would think as king, Khelgar would ahve access.

Fooled around with the keep. Got everything; but one level of fortifaction for the keep. Next on the agenda. Got a whole bunch of new recruits, and am currnetly having fun with Mrs. Knockdown herself.

Got the True Name scrolls (through an 'ambush'), and another Seargant because of another moronic Luskanite. Stupid scrolls says 'useable by warlock' and ' useable clerics' yet I can't attack it from Z. Whatever. :) This game doesn't cease to amaze me on how they continue to force npcs on you.

Another example is when I went to the Mere to deal with the druids. He just automatically appears in the patry (so, I had 6) when we get there. No words or nothing. Whatever. Anyways, the druidic stuff was very cool. GO ELANEE!!!

Now, I'm on my way to some dead dragon's spirit layaway thanks to Jerro 'conviently' remmebering. I'm sure another more useful being could have helepd us here like, you know, Aladanon. Anyways, just arrived at Spagehtti Dragons' path.

Am now level 17 nearing 18. Experience has kinda dropped off in ch3 as there doesn't seem to be a lot of exploring going on. I might not even reahc level 20. Amazing in ofitself! My ac is now in the early 40s so that's cool. Once I reahc 18, Mr. Sandman can bring a dream +5 holy weapon!! And, crfated amrour that make syou immune to crits and whatnot (sneaks, I forget). eitehr wya, talk about overpowered. Still, cool beans.

R00fles!

P.S. The Keep is a very aqwesome adidition to the game. Not too much wrong with it from recruitment to shops to the funny adventurers.

Cool beans! :joy:

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Dwarves are cool so Iw ent to help them find their relic. It's too bad most of 'em pretend the PC is just a surfacer. Uo, McFlys, I'm a dwarf too!!!

That's too bad. THe game has done a pretty good job of making little subtle differences based on character choices. When I picked troublemaker, I had to listen to people who knew me when I was young give me a hard time about all the pranks I used to pull.

I don't recall finding the +7 Plate of awesomeness. Wow. I can't even craft that :ermm:

Though you should be able to get a +5 Holy Weapon at Level 15, unless you still need the feat I suppose.

As for the adventurers, my first playthrough I told them that the Mere of Dead Men was a safe place to check out. Later, when I was attacking the Mere in the endgame, I came across 4 shadows that had specific names. Turns out it was the adventurers :D

Edited by alanschu

"That's too bad. THe game has done a pretty good job of making little subtle differences based on character choices. When I picked troublemaker, I had to listen to people who knew me when I was young give me a hard time about all the pranks I used to pull."

Well.. One of the random dwarves in the room next to the leader does say the following: "He may be a dwarf; but he's no Ironfist." I believe he was referring to me, and not Khelagr. if he was that was cool.

"I don't recall finding the +7 Plate of awesomeness. Wow. I can't even craft that"

Did you check out the Dwarven Shopkeeper? Only dwarves, gnomes, and halflings cna sue it though. Along with the +7, it also gives 15 resiatnce to both fire and cold (or acid; not sure). it costs around 250kgp. Heh.

"As for the adventurers, my first playthrough I told them that the Mere of Dead Men was a safe place to check out. Later, when I was attacking the Mere in the endgame, I came across 4 shadows that had specific names. Turns out it was the adventurers"

Heh. Nice. I just told them thatw e didn't need their services at this time. I wonder what will happen. I have a funny feeling they might get mad and attack me later to 'prove themselves my equal'. LOL Silly little adventurers!

Edited by Volourn

When I met them, I was reminded of that small bit of 4th wall breaking I think in TOB, where you meet some adventurers, and when you reward them, they try attacking you. When you crush them, you get a loading game screen, and they come back, and accept your reward :D

Well.. One of the random dwarves in the room next to the leader does say the following: "He may be a dwarf; but he's no Ironfist." I believe he was referring to me, and not Khelagr. if he was that was cool.

That makes sense. They seemed to have had a good eye for little bits of flavour like this.

Got my +5 holy weapon. And, Khelgar is now imune to critical hits while wearing the new improved Armour of Freedom! :joy:

Spagehtti Dragon was cool! Unlike the red dragon, it's voice over was AWESOME, and BELLOWING, and CLEAR. Love the background. Eles were cool. However, the black dragons whose entrance was neato werewussies. I dropped them, and my party as a whole took maybe 60 damage. The eles in the area could do more damage. R00fles!

Trip back to Dark Village was cool. Loved the trick with the kiddie as he was actually human!!!

My keep is fully at max. I seem to have misplaced Mrs. Knockdown howveer. She's supposed to be in NW or Port Llast; but she never shows up again after the first encounter. Hiphiphooray!

And, oh, Obsidian has trumped themselves when it comes to forcing characters on the party. A shadowdink attacked that cool dwarf captain, and we went off to fight it. Of course, we needed someone to read the scroll... welll, I have Zmeister (whose awesome) in my party; and stupid Jerro shgows up demanding that we 'need'; him to be at the battle so he could read the scroll. Hello, McFly? I have the Zmesiter! I DON'T need you, sucka!

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Other than that, it was great gaming (well, besides easy twin dragons).

:)

Edited by Volourn

Lizardmen, Dwarves, yes.

You need to take Khelgar there, and you will meet some Ironfist dwarves right at the start of the area.

Damn, I killed off Slaan and all the lizardmen :) How do you recruit them (if you havent massacred them) and what do they do in your keep?

Oh well maybe next time..... :huh:

Can you get any Orcs? Because I killed off all the Orcs in the Illefarn ruins.

What other factions can you convince to come to your keep?

Damn, I killed off Slaan and all the lizardmen :) How do you recruit them (if you havent massacred them) and what do they do in your keep?

I think you can recruit the Lizardmen regardless of what happened with Slaan. Not sure though. He does make an appearance if he's alive, but in the end it still requires some brute force, so I'd guess you can just beat them into submission even without him.

They don't really do anything though. Nor do the dwarves. You get to chose them as backup during some segments, but that's it.

No recruting Illefarn Orcs or Bugbears. Uncertain about the goblins. You'll get two other possible allies, but I didn't manage to recruit them.

Spoiler tags, JUST for Volourn.

;)

I think you can recruit the Lizardmen regardless of what happened with Slaan. Not sure though. He does make an appearance if he's alive, but in the end it still requires some brute force, so I'd guess you can just beat them into submission even without him.

They don't really do anything though. Nor do the dwarves. You get to chose them as backup during some segments, but that's it.

No recruting Illefarn Orcs or Bugbears. Uncertain about the goblins. You'll get two other possible allies, but I didn't manage to recruit them.

Spoiler tags, JUST for Volourn.

;)

So the Lizardmen and the dwarves dont actually come to live in the keep, they just come for the battle? What are the other two possible groups?

I massacred the Goblins too, so if they are recruitable then I will miss out on that,

So the Lizardmen and the dwarves dont actually come to live in the keep, they just come for the battle? What are the other two possible groups?

I massacred the Goblins too, so if they are recruitable then I will miss out on that,

They send representatives, but they only have floating text and no real dialogue. But help out some later on.

The other two possibilities are Elanee's druid circle and the Wendersnaven. I don't know if any of those actually can be recruited, but you get to try. Could be an influence thing.

I seriously doubt that the goblins can be recruited, I just never got to try (since I accidentally killed a few of them as well).