Can we have a list of NWN2's joinable NPCs?

ramza

Since NWN2 has been released, noone has bothered making a list of the 10 NPCs that will join you during your quest.

So far we know that there is:

a gnome bard

a golem

an elven wizard

a dwarven fighter

who are the other 6?

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

that tiefling rogue

I see possible spoilers here

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

What's the point of hiding any information revealed in this thread when one can understand that he is about to discover spoilers just by reading the thread's title?

I mean, every post will have to hidden if we follow the boards' rules. Besides, what else except for spoilers can be said in this thread anyway?

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Khelgar - Male Dwarf Fighter

Neeshka - Female Tiefling Rogue

Elanee - Female Elf Druid

Casavir - Male Human Paladin

Qara - Female Human Sorcerer

Grobnar - Male Gnome Bard

Sand - Male Elf Wizard

Construct - Construct Fighter

Shandra - Female Human Fighter

Bishop - Male Human Ranger

Zhjaeve - Female Githzerai Cleric

Ammon - Male Human Warlock

Hmm, never heard of that race before. Anyone know of a link to a description or a picture?

...ya ne'er played Planescape: Torment, did ya???...for shame... :wacko:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Thanks jorian, I always forget stuff like that is in Wiki. Maybe they can answer my prestige class questions from the "impressions" thread too.

only base class things are interacted with prestige classes

no ability scores

no feats

thus if a prestige class requited +5 attack, 4 on intimidatin and iron will you nead:

the Iron Will feat

atleast +5 base attack Bonus (BAB)

and atleast 4 levels in the intimidation skill

you can archieve these:

BAB with warrior classes on lvl 5

Iron Will when ever you chose it as feat

now skills are a bit more tricky: either on lvl 1 if it has it as class skill, or lvl 5 if not

BUT if you have a strenght of 14 and you have a modifier of +2 becouse of this it doesn't give you +5 BAB on lvl 3

(hope this helped)

IB1OsQq.png

^I appreciate you explaining things to me. Here is my question from the other thread:

Can someone please explain to me prestige classes?

So I was leafing through the manual and reading up on the available prestige classes and all it states is the minimum requirement to attain said class. The classes state you get this or that at X level and some of them are really low, like level 2-3. So, do you get to jump right into a prestige class as long as you meet the requirements regardless of level? What level do you need to be to start taking presige classes? How can you receive some prestige perk at level 2 or 3? Meaning, say you have to be level 10 to start a prestige class, does your level drop to level one of the prestige class?

Me so confused.

^No, I havent. :devil:

Is it some bastardized version of a Githyanki?

...the Githzerai and the Githyanki were once one people, but became split into two "races"... :wacko:

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

^I appreciate you explaining things to me. Here is my question from the other thread:

Can someone please explain to me prestige classes?

So I was leafing through the manual and reading up on the available prestige classes and all it states is the minimum requirement to attain said class. The classes state you get this or that at X level and some of them are really low, like level 2-3. So, do you get to jump right into a prestige class as long as you meet the requirements regardless of level? What level do you need to be to start taking presige classes? How can you receive some prestige perk at level 2 or 3? Meaning, say you have to be level 10 to start a prestige class, does your level drop to level one of the prestige class?

Me so confused.

normally, if you have the requirements as anything (even mage) you can get that prestige class, be it magic user or fighter or whatever.

Just have the requirements at one point for them

^No, I havent. :devil:

Is it some bastardized version of a Githyanki?

...the Githzerai and the Githyanki were once one people, but became split into two "races"... :wacko:

uprising against illithid slavers < breaking free < problems between leaders < split of culture < split of race

Similar to drow history, except how/why it began

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

normally, if you have the requirements as anything (even mage) you can get that prestige class, be it magic user or fighter or whatever.

Ok, so looking at page 38 of the manual, it states that the requirements for a Divine Champion are:

HPpL: 10

BaB: 7

Feats: Weapon Focus

That sounds pretty easy to have from the very beginning. Can I be a Divine Champion right at character creation?

No.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Ok, so looking at page 38 of the manual, it states that the requirements for a Divine Champion are:

That sounds pretty easy to have from the very beginning. Can I be a Divine Champion right at character creation?

No. You need a Base Attack Bonus (BAB) of +7 or higher. For Fighters, Barbarians, Paladins, and Rangers, that won't occur until level 7. Rogues, Monks, and Bards won't be able to qualify until level 10.

***being nasty and pointing out on BAB +7= atleast 7th level***

heh, information overrun :wacko:

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

***being nasty and pointing out on BAB +7= atleast 7th level***

D'oh! Well, have mercy. My entire knowledge of 3/3.5 consists of almost finishing chaper one of IWDII.

EDIT: Thanks to deganawida too!

I must say the 'new' thing about multiclassing and that all the classes have the same chances in improvement are the things i most love in the new edition

I also sometimes play as a 'gestalt', but not to powerplay, to create my favorite 'lone wolf casanova', a Ranger/Bard gestalt :wacko:

IB1OsQq.png

I must say the 'new' thing about multiclassing and that all the classes have the same chances in improvement are the things i most love in the new edition

I also sometimes play as a 'gestalt', but not to powerplay, to create my favorite 'lone wolf casanova', a Ranger/Bard gestalt :wacko:

Multiclassing can be fun. It's especially important in d20 Modern, but the only way to get a full BAB is to be straight Tough Hero.

As far as D&D multiclassing goes, I like Ranger/Barbarian (for a throwback to the 1E Ranger) and Ranger/Rogue (for my Urban Ranger).

Khelgar - Male Dwarf Fighter

Neeshka - Female Tiefling Rogue

Elanee - Female Elf Druid

Casavir - Male Human Paladin

Qara - Female Human Sorcerer

Grobnar - Male Gnome Bard

Sand - Male Elf Wizard

Construct - Construct Fighter

Shandra - Female Human Fighter

Bishop - Male Human Ranger

Zhjaeve - Female Githzerai Cleric

Ammon - Male Human Warlock

Are all those available through the game? Or are a couple gender/alignment based? If so, which ones are what?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy