NWN2 Discussion Thread

roshan

alan, the part of the quote I was mostly responding to was "I'm not sure at all how this happened.  How on Earth were you able to even hurt a non-hostile NPC?". That seemed to be about AoE spells to me.

But no, when it comes ta targeting allies that seems to be a big no-no. Well apart from a couple of specific instances.

what is confusion? we specific mentioned the area effect spells and alan even used one of the correct spells in his non-conforming demo. grobnar don't target casavir... he targets enemies next to casavir. casavir then goes feral. though it seems to happen most often after the iron horn spell which has knockdown effect. alan got wax in ears or something? CASAVIR goes hostile and attacks... is not like Gromnir is targeting him to attack grobnar. figures that he ain't playing hardcore anyways.

btw, there appears to be fixed gem chests. is random which gems appear, but for stuff like king's tears and blue diamonds there is almost always 1 such chest per major encounter. we suspect that it is quite possible to find a dozen king's tears in game... or more... though odds is stacked 'gainst you. chap 1 were diamonds, emeralds, fire opals and saphires (never seemed to get a random ruby.) and chap two has been blue diamonds beljuril and king's tears. *chuckle* found out after an unfortunate reload following a stupid party ai blunder that chests that only gots 1 gp or a couple gp is also the gem chests.

even so, as a pnp gamer we ain't wedded to notion of creating only the best weapons and armours. a mid-level party can be fully outfitted with +3 shocking or acid dripping adamantine weapons (luckily we ain't found holy weapon formula yet or game would be silly easy.) that is nuts. huge damage potential from such weapons. we outfitted Gromnir, khelagr, shandra and the tiefling chick thus... fought one battle and then reloaded pre-crafting. in a game that is already pretty easy, such a option made game... laughable.

oh well. am gonna have to put game aside for the next week or so.

and we just checked keen edges again... not working on our non-keen adamantine greatsword. a roll of 17 or 18 should result in a critical threat opportunity, and it doesn't.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)